PS5 rubber banding

Can confirm runber banding is terrible on PS5. Played for an hour and had 5 minutes straight of smooth gameplay. Otherwise have been rubberbanding every 10 to 20 seconds.

2 Likes

Had no issues on PC during 4d early access, ever since it released for everyone I get nothing but ruberbanding, extreme rubber banding, the kind where you basically can’t do anything.

Had to shelf it for now, can’t play an arpg with this much input delay.

1 Like

It is unplayable for PS5 for me. I do not care that your opinion of what is unplayable is different. Telling people what words to use to describe their own experiences is pointless and disrespectful. We’re trying to find a solution to a significant problem with the game, and you’re hear telling people that they’re not experiencing what they are experiencing. That’s weird.

1 Like

If all 4 tires on your car are flat, yes you can technically still drive it, but I wouldnt call it drivable.

4 Likes

Yep. It’s unplayable for me on the PS5 too. Constant rubber banding, moon walking, and delayed everything. Super janky. It’s so frustrating. I usually don’t buy new games until a month or two after release but with the successful “server crunch” beta I thought it would be fine. Not the case. Really hoping a patch comes out soon.

2 Likes

Guys i think its get way worst when u play split screen coop. I was playing single player on the ps5 and it was running great. As soon as my friend joined and started the local split screen game became unplayable. Not sure whats happening but with split screen its really unplayable on the ps5 i planned a whole weekend with a friend coming over to play i think we just gna go for another game cause diablo now is nt playable

yeah it’s like how can they not have a perfect running game when millions of people are trying to play.

Same here. Unplayable on PS5 on a sunday afternoon in germany. Constant rubberbanding.

1 Like

It has gotten worse over the past few days. I would run out of town and be rubber banded back in multiple times. Its so unplayable. However, when I play on my PC, I dont have any issues.

If you’re asking dont I just play on the PC, couch co-op with my wife.

1 Like

Same here on PS5. It is nearly unplayable. Had a lot of unnecessary deaths the last days bc of the horrible latency.
Sometimes it really needs 10 seconds or so to recognise a command.
I pause the game now until this issue is fixed. Thank god Final Fantasy 16 is around the corner and the demo is out today.

Playing on PS5 from Ireland,EU
Constant lag spikes and rubberbanding.
I have good internet connection and the problem only happens during Diablo 4. It’s definitely server side , most likely they are not able to cope with the amount of people trying to connect to they’re servers. Proof of that being that early access had no lag but now when game is fully launched there is lag.

1 Like

The game is really unplayable on the PS5. The game has been out for almost 2 weeks, and it is just not possible to play it normally. If they can’t get the game to run properly, then they should at least offer a refund.

Same here still, PS5 - rubber banding and moonwalking, snapping to weird random places. Attacks don’t work, constantly dying mid battle because of that and because system won’t let me move. Worse yet sometimes I’ve moved down, the enemies are huddled and hitting around an EMPTY spot and my HP still get drained and I die (potion button won’t work)
Issue is getting worse - obviously more ppl are getting the game and Blizzard’s servers can’t handle it.
Huge fan of Diablo through the years but now very disappointed in Blizzard for delivering shoddy products - unethical and greedy to be honest.

1 Like

Public service announcement: If you just got the game on PS5 - you can get a refund on the game if you have not exceeded 2 hours of gameplay. Too late for me but maybe it helps someone else and maybe Blizzard will do something when $ is taken back from their greedy paws instead of just blaming the users’ or the Ps5 network.

1 Like

There’s always been rubber banding in this game for me but today has been horrible. The issue is still there.

1 Like

The game is absolutely unplayable due to rubber banding , can’t believe I pay 70£ for a game and then can’t play it due to mess ups on their side , and it’s not even being addressed , gg blizz once again

2 Likes

Ditto. I have now given up on hardcore mode. It’s bad enough normally but at least I can respawn. I’ve now had 4 hardcore characters get killed from this lag…just walking around with nothing, nothing, nothing and all of a sudden in a split second attacked by tons of enemies and BANG! Dead. Before I can even twitch! Really bad for this game. To be clear I have no online issues with any other games right now. My PS5 says it’s getting about 380 to 450mbps so the connection is very fast. My ping response times on Speedtest are 5ms or less. It’s not my internet. It’s Blizzard and they’re lousy servers! Really, REALLY frustrating at this point.

2 Likes

During the betas I noticed a LITTLE bit of lag here and there. Assumed they would have it fixed at launch. Well…LOL! It’s so bad now that I’m consistently getting 1-5 second lags and sometimes 20 seconds or more. It’s so bad, I’ve given up on hardcore mode. My last 4 characters, up to level 20-30 and just walking around when in a blink there’s a screen full of enemies and I’m dead before I can even press a button! Unreal. This game is SO BAD as far as the online portion. I really wish there was an “offline” playing mode. The game is damn near unplayable in this current state unless you’re playing with a group so that you can all cover each other when you all get lagged. Otherwise, you’re hosed.
My PS5 says it gets between 380 and 450mbps normally and I have a gigabit ethernet connection. Absolutely no issues with any other game.

This SUCKS! Blizzard needs to fix this NOW or seriously…they should give out refunds. This is absolutely ludicrous.

2 Likes

The reason I bought this in PS5 and NOT my Series X was because I figured DIV would be on Gamepass in a year or so. So not only did I was my “early access” totally unplayable due to rubberbanding but here I am, over 2 WEEKS out, still having severe lag. I just got to lvl 13 with my Druid after what, 17 days?! This is RIDICULOUS! As everyone else stated, all of my other online gaming activities are impeccable almost compared to the state that DIV is in right now.

2 Likes

11 days and not a single reply from blizz nice…

1 Like