PS5 Rubber Banding/ lag

Hi
Anyone else have issues with rubber banding, I played the beta and server slam with no issues. But sense last night it has been brutal, pretty much unplayable.

76 Likes

Opposite for me, the Beta was a rubberbanding mess, but release has been completely lag free and smooth.

edit: for context I have chosen to disable cross server play to reduce the players that I see, I have turned off cross chat too, this was not done for lag issues but I mention it in case it is inadvertently helping me to reduce lag, as I see a lot of people here saying its bad for them.

6 Likes

I’m having severe rubber banding issues as well. I get great upload/download speeds on network but the game is almost unplayable, ecspecially dungeon bosses. It is slightly better than when it launched but still not good.

8 Likes

Eh slight few hiccups here and there, mostly when coming out of a town. But only have 200Mb net though.

1 Like

Yup, it’s rubberbanding pretty badly… last night, it played great… idk what’s going on now though

7 Likes

the same here (Brazil), even with a great upload/download my brother is facing a lot of lag, just in Diablo, Overwatch for instance is working pretty good on PS5

2 Likes

Same here, is it just ps5 issue?

3 Likes

Same. Yesterday wasn’t so bad, but today it was unplayable. On the ps5 as well.

3 Likes

Same, both in beta and now rubber banding through 50% of encounters. I’ve got 200 down 45 up on ps5

1 Like

Same, got latency pretty much anywhere, usually have 1 to 2 seconds delay on inputs.
As i play on Hardcore it s really not optimal at all > <

Tried deactivating lots of stuffs, didn t change anything.
Even when i turn off crossplay i still have the message when i log in that crossplay s activated.
Dunno if it s just a bug or if it s part of the problem here but it s definitely due to some server side issue, no matter your speed connection or settings :confused:

1 Like

Just wanted to add my 2 cents. I’ve also been experiencing some serious latency and rubber banding on the ps5. I can’t go 2 minutes without some issue. I thought it was my internet at first, but I fired up another online game and it ran fine so my guess is that it’s server side. It sucks cause I basically couldn’t play at all tonight and most of the value in the deluxe edition is in playing it early (at least for me). So here’s hoping things are better tomorrow…

2 Likes

I wasn’t sure what to call it. Looked like my character was on a treadmill, or on ice, or hitting invisible walls. But rubber banding sounds more accurate. Glad I decided not to do a HC character. As she’d be dead right now. I had no issues yesterday, however the last 3-4 hours this evening it was constant.

1 Like

Finally ponied up and bought a PS5, will recieve it next week. I have been on PS4 with no issues. Are you guys still having issues?

Ps still on its knees, this moonwalking is getting my nerves

Terrible experience on ps5 - rubberbanding, moonwalking, delays on interacts, got killed in a lvl 12 dungeon last night because I hit something and 2 seconds later the action happens on screen. Turned off the game in frustration, reset router and still occurs. Woke up today to an unplayable game again. Please fix these issues.

3 Likes

Almost unplayable on PS5

1 Like

I’ve been playing PS5 and haven’t run into most of these issues. The worst I get is the occasional lag.

2 Likes

I Downloaded the ps4 version on my ps5 and i solved the issue, looks like is something with the ps5 version that is causing some lag on the game

1 Like

Disable the cross platform users in the social tab of the game menu you have to change it at the character select screen before you join the server. Solved almost all of that for me and my wife on PS5 good luck cheers

Edit: can change it back later on when they get all the bugs fixed probably be fixed after full release or something

1 Like

Same issues here, gonna try the ‘‘disable the cross platform’’ suggestion that our friend here said.