PS5 Rubber Banding/ lag

I have been having the same problems on the PS5 edition. I tried the “disabling cross platform fix”, I didn’t notice much of a difference. It could just be overall server stability or something else minor that could be fixed with a launch patch or the like.

Yea its unplayable at this point.

Yes. It’s been terrible. Have died numerous times due to it. Seems to happen randomly regardless of there’s a lot going on in the game or not.

1 Like

Bro it’s impossible to play that game… the only way is if you login early morning and will have decent gameplay until other players access the server and then latency got crazy…and we are in a pre access scenario…just imagine this latency on the official release date…and we do not see any move from development team to fix it…but guess what blizzard already have our money, right? So why bother

I’ve had nonstop rubberbanding issues since last night on my ps5. I played with my buddy on his pic and he had no issues at all. Really frustrating.

Totally unplayable right now with the lag/rubberbanding on ps5.

I have been having really bad lag with Diablo 4 since Friday, I purchased the early access and I cannot even play the game properly on PS5. It is very frustrating

This experience is not worth the $100 I forked over for early access. Completely unplayable with the lag, what a joke. This is what happens when you have a game “as a service” and “always online” but don’t provide the resources or ample testing (cut corners to release) to actually make it a good experience.

It’s so bad. Rubber banding. Teleporting to random places or not teleporting at all, loading screens forever only to load right back to same spot on ps5

hey man did that help you out any?

Literally unplayable :frowning:

Same case here. I have PS5 too and it has been constantly lagging for 2 days. It´s almost unplayable. Czech republic btw. I hope Blizz/SONY solve this problem.

1 Like

Also been experiencing this lag/rubber banding on my PS5. It seems worse during high traffic hours like last night. I’m playing a druid so it’s making it very difficult to play. Dealing with it for now while simply leveling and doing the campaign casually but hoping Blizzard/Sony can figure out how to fix it before I get into some actual content.

Sucks we cant get our money back. I knew this was gonna happen too just was hoping it didnt

1 Like

Guys, in order to try to optimize the network on your ps5 try these settings (this won’t fix the lag, but it may help a little) and lets hope blizzard does something about this issue…
playercountercom/dns-settings-ps5 (insert a “.” Before “com” cuz is a link)

Also, there was a patch early in the morning and looks like we can play decently now at least here in Brazil, but as far as i know we use the NA server. Lets hope they did fixed the issues or maybe is just a “low” number of players…

Same issue, also on ps5. Today especially has been unbearable. Turned off crossplay just to test it, seems to resolve it almost completely. But this should obviously not be a permanent solution…

Tried turning off cross play, seemed fine for a little bit, but still did not resolve the issue

Guys my GF playing on PS5 had the same Problems all day. Big Lags and Rubber Banding. I figured out the PS5 was connected via the 2.4 Ghz wifi. I switched it to 5 ghz network and now we have double the download speed and and the lag is 100% fixed !!
If ur PS5 wont connect with the 5 Ghz network try to open your roter config and select something like “seperate SSID” it will make then 2 Networks: 1 for 2.4 ghz and 1 is 5ghz. Then u have to connect your PS5 to the new 5ghz Network.
Maybe it help you !

1 Like

This is not a wifi issue. I am on lan cable and never had any problems with any other game. And also can comfirm, turning off crossplay helped for a while, but it’s not resolved.

1 Like