Ps5( Fangs of corruption quest), untamed thicket freezing game

The game freezes when you try to enter the Untamed Thicket. Can’t press any buttons or move the stick around. Please fix this ASAP because you can’t move forward in the game. Edit: what worked for me was switching world tiers , then restarting the PS5. Hope it helps. Good luck all.

7 Likes

Same here. Also on ps5. Sad to pay for early Access and then we can’t even play the game.

Edit: for me disabling cross play (cross Plattform Player search and Chat) fixed it. Maybe it helps you aswell?

2 Likes

Having this issue on PS5 as well. Tried the “cross platform disable” tricks but no changes. Have to force quit the game.

1 Like

This helped me, make sure you disable it in the title screen before character selection.

1 Like

Getting this on PC now, it seems the problem has migrated from just console to all platforms.

1 Like

To get past error, had a friend join my party, enter the dungeon, then I teleported to them. Got me right in.

1 Like

Also had this issue. I crashed upon hitting X to enter Untamed Thicket at least 5 times. I was in a party with 2 similarly leveled PC players. They were further progressed but had joined my party. They entered the Untamed Thicket with no issues.

I tried other posted solutions, including:
-teleporting to an unrelated waypoint, running out of town to clear my tp, teleporting to the nearest waypoint, running to the Untamed Thicket, and still crashed.

-restarting my PS4 Pro twice.

-disabled crossplay and crossplay communication in the main menu. I logged into another character who’s in Kyovashad, logged out. Went back to my main. Crashed on interacting with Untamed Thicket just as before. Tried it a second time, and it worked flawlessly. (???)

I was then able to complete the Untamed Thiciket fine, and completed that step of the quest. I hope there aren’t more hard crash walls to overcome like this.

3 Likes

Saw a tricked that worked for me; going into the area Blood Vale from the far top left (where you have to climb) allowed me to enter the ticket.

2 Likes

I was able to enter after I logged into another toon and leveled her past the chapel scene. Just played a little bit. Logged back into my main and went right in. This was after 3 or 4 failed attempts of restarting console and other juju.

Xbox Series X

Good luck to all!

2 Likes

Still frozen can’t get into untamed thicket wtf???

1 Like

Did you get in? This is crazy

1 Like

it’s happening on my game as well. Playing solo, force quit the game and tried 2 or 3 times but no luck. I literally had to walk 100km after reloginning. It’s a shame to see this kind of things happening on main acts. It blocks me to proceed!!!

1 Like

Same problem here, just keeps freezing. Incredibly annoying bug, literally stopping progression in the main quest

1 Like

Having the same issue on PS5 . Just freezes, doesn’t even go into a crash report. But turning off cross play let me in.

1 Like

Same issue Xbox Series X

1 Like

Just got into the thicket after 5+ freezes and restarting my PS4 slim.
I disabled the cross play settings and entered the area from the northwest and it still crashed. Force closed app, tried again but this time when I got to the entrance of the thicket I made a town portal and when I returned to the thicket entrance it finally loaded properly.

2 Likes

This is how I managed to progress through the thicket on PS5:

1. Go to Options → Social
  2. Turn off Cross-Network Play and Cross-Network Communications
  3. Restart the game
  4. Go to the thicket entrance and stand still for a few seconds before trying to enter.
  5. Enjoy
1 Like

Still can’t get in.

Have tried maybe 10 times now, and tried all the combinations above.

Unable to progress campaign…great waste of Ultimate edition !

1 Like

I’m on Xbox One with this issue; so it looks like it is a bug accross all platforms now. I locked up 5 times now trying to progress the main story and enter this zone. Ive troed all the above remedies to no avail, minus the friend inviting into the zone, as I have none with the game. The last attempt I disabled the cross platform play, got to the entrance, and tried the town portal remedy… without trying to enter the cursed thicket, just opening the town portal by its wntrance cause the game to freeze. This is infuriating! Come on Blizzard!!! The game it literally unplayable as this is a REQUIRED quest! I’m so flipping pissed right now.

2 Likes

Same for me, a lot of freezes, tried to open portal in front of the entrance, got freeze then as well

1 Like