Prism device removal detected

im also getting the same issue as everyone else

intel i7-11700K
32gig ram
but onboard Intel 750 graphics

however last night it was working perfectly for the entire time (like 4 hours) so its blizzard software related

I get this every few houres aswell.

i5 - 12400F 2.50 GHz
32GB DDR4
RTX 3070

64bit Windows 11

Fitted Nvidia GTX660 2GB and it seems to have fixed the problem. Has run smoothly all afternoon and evening.

Same here, I click on start game “[prism] device removal detected” error pop up and then D4 crasheh and I can start over and over.

It is a new error as in the last 2 days I didn’t encounter this bug.

Same problem here, random crashes on any activites in game…

i5- 7440 3.0Ghz
16gb RAM DDR 4
Intel Hd Graphics 630

UPDATE: Got a brand new GT 740 4gb and the problem is gone. I think this error is related with a missing GPU.

EDIT: I updated my drivers to the newest update. So far it stopped the issue.
EDIT2: Nevermind lol.

it doesnt happen as often today but im still getting this error randomly and crashing my game. Happened twice tonight. Help!! Please fix!!

Hello Blizzard,
I was 30 minutes into playing and I my screen freezes music still plays then I get a windows error code that says prism device removal and amd radeon says cannot find device. This is seriously ruining the flow of the game I’ve looked at the internet more for this prism crashes than I’ve looked at diablo content. There are still no solutions.

1 Like

I had the same problem and tried many things. What worked for me is to largen the windows paging file and to restrict the fps.

Now I can’t play anymore. The game starts and after seconds the error closed the game.

Yesterday I played hours without any problems.

Having the same issue. No response at all from Blizzard? No surprise.

Me too. It happened after I had I had the game open for a couple hours while watching news. Came back. very first thing to happen was this alert with a disconnect from the game. Windows 10. GTX 980 ti. Intel(R) Core™ i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.00 GHz.

Portugues Brasil-
Parcelei a compra no cartão para conseguir jogar Diablo 4 e agora estou jogando ele parceladamente. A cada 10 minutos recebo o mesmo aviso e o jogo encerra. Não importa se estou no mapa, no final do boss ou na cidade.

Não tenho as melhores configurações, mas meu computador já rodou jogos com requisitos maiores. Realmente está sendo uma experiência péssima. Meses de expectativa pra ser interrompido sem saber o porque.

Será que teremos resposta do suporte? 52 comentários em 4 dias…

Do something, Blizzard!!!

A mesma coisa acontecendo comigo. De Dez em dez minutos o jogo para. Putz paguei R$350,00 em um jogo e não consigo jogar, e to vendo que não sou somente eu. Não consigo encontrar uma solução para esse problema

Can’t even load the game without this error. $70 well spent. Fix coming soon, Blizzard?

AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT

Thanks Blizzard for not caring to reply to such bug reports threads. Exactly the support that we expected…

3 Likes

Anyone find a solution?
I only have this issue with D4. It never happened during any of the betas.
I feel like I was bait and switched. How is the final copy operating worse than the beta? Stop tweaking classes and please address this technical bug that seems to have only appeared after the first update.

3 Likes

The same issue! Blizzard?

Faced the same problem. Laptop with Intel irisxe graphics card. I updated the drivers on intel for these video cards, they specifically released an update for the D4 game. And lo and behold, I was allowed to enter the character selection screen without error. I immediately ran to tell you about my progress.