Pre-release download

300kbit/s download speed master race!

Thatā€™ll be 122,002 when I start streamin tonight!

1 Like

Depends on a lot on the file thatā€™s being patched. Larger files transfer faster than a bunch of small files. Getting between 20MB/s and 350KB/s

Download speed is all over the place

Any other noobs out there, be sure to pause One Drive syncing to speed things up. Almost forgotā€¦

Just LOL. My 1st PC was 180 MB hard disk and that cost $600

Wow they usually d/l at 20-30 MB/s. ā€“ today 188.5kb lol. Fine! Iā€™ll go mow like I should of anyway after I shovel all the kids off my lawn.

1 Like

22.5 mb sec siiiuuuuuu

And doneā€¦ time to blast!

2 Likes

Lol, mine didnā€™t have a hard drive. You loaded the OS into memory (IBM PC Jr - DOS) and then loaded the app into memory on top of it.

1 Like

Maybe they can make it next season, to be able to download patch an hour before, but the actual update to be postponed for the exact season opening. That way is fair for all, I think.

My first ā€œPCā€ had a tape drive with sequential read only. The 5 1/4 floppy drive was extra for ~ $500 1980 bucksā€¦ I finally splurged after a couple of months :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well if weā€™re going all the way back, I remember 2MB when was the top endā€¦Lol.

Oh, and it was the size of a room. Ha. Well i guess that was less than 2MB.

Yea it goes between 800KB/s and 133MB/s. Its all over the place lol

Kinda cool, my wife will be home with some Jimmy Johns in a few minutes. Time for a pre-game meal while 16.54 Gigs downloads.

1 Like

As usual it throttles the hell out of peopleā€™s speed because itā€™s also uploading in the background probably as part of some P2P bandwidth saving they do.

My friend downloaded it really fast without getting throttled. Curious if the people seeing slow speeds all have limited upstream bandwidth compared to downstream?

Make sure you dress sexy.

3 Likes

Well over 70 and had no clue what youā€™re referencing. Had to ask chatgpt. Figures I missed it as I was serving my time in the Vietnam war during that time period.

My first PC was a Tandy that took floppy disks. I remember that weird point in PC gaming where Mac actually had some better games. Some real old one named Warcraft played better on my Mac back in the old. It was about some humans that fight a bunch of orcs and they really hated each other.

Crazy what they got away with back in the day.

Well I started with an Atari and that was cassette loaded. A game like Jumpman would take 30 minutes to load up and half the time it would screw up and you had to start over.

1 Like