Pre-release download

has anyone gotten the option to download the new patch before release yet?

It’s still 3 hours away, patience young padawan.

3 Likes

i am trying lol, just used to OW where the patch pre-releases a cpl days in advance

1 Like

Yeah this is strange 2 hours 37 minutes untill season launches and we can’t update so maybe they found a bug by accident and want to fix it really quick idk…

Patience young padawan. Haste leads to waste, waste leads to empty gatorade bottles, and empty gatorade bottles leads to… well you know.

Usually we get D4 patches an hour before the season launches. So in roughly 1 and a half hours from now.

5 Likes

a hydrated gamer ready to fight for sanctuary!

3 Likes

I have time to go for a long walk, do the dishes, clean up the mancave, make some appointments for the week, take a shower, play with the dog, tell my wife that I love her and make breakfast (not in that order).

4 Likes

I was gonna say refilling of another liquid, but sure, we’ll go with that.

2 Likes

the patch releases 1 hour before the season. it has been this way every season. it will be this way every season going forward.

A lonely Native American with a single tear on his cheek?

1 Like

I played D2 original then D3 seasons for way too many years and the D2 original season download would happen just before season.

However, Diablo III would have the season download days before season start.

So anyone asking the question has a legitimate reason.

3 Likes

You know the funny part? That guy wasn’t even Native American, he was of Sicilian descent. Espera Oscar de Corti was his original name, which then changed to Iron Eyes Cody. It was all a lie! Anyway…

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if there wasn’t a download an hour or two in advance, not that you’d be able to play until the season starts.

I remembered that from some documentary I watched years ago. Similar to how in old westerns they use to “red face” white actors for scenes that included Native Americans.

1 Like

You better believe I’m hitting f5 on repeat.
I gotta see if the 28 battle pass tiers are included or free :saluting_face:

(This is self-deprecating sarcasm)

1 Like

I’m not even gonna bother loading the launcher until the season starts, unless someone says there is a download available… because they always do.

Just keep your launcher up and sometime before 1pm New York time the download will appear.

1 Like

oh its already open, made sure blizz didnt auto change my download preference as well. im locked, stocked, and ready to rock

1 Like

Isn’t about an hour before launch that we can start downloading?

1 Like

Iggi as Bill Murray in Ground Hog day, no update just season 3 all over again.

1 Like