Popular opinion: new patch did nothing meaningful

go play necromancer and either blow up corpses for 5 mins to get half your essence back or use skeleton priests repeatedly for about the same amount of time. meanwhile other classes just breeze through dungeons meanwhile necro is left babysitting minions and essence…

9 Likes

Just ran a NM dungeon on my 65 druid. Barely made a difference. Did a 17, which puts mobs up to 70, which is still a little higher than the xp cap and it didn’t even give me a paragon point. Feels like normal dungeons I was getting a paragon point per run. Normal dungeons still feel better, at least I get through it faster.

2 Likes

Ffs, “fans” are the ones who hyped it up.

2 Likes

recently swapped to infinimist necro at least this way I don’t have to physically push the blow up button

Guess you should leave then. For your health.

14 Likes

Ya’ll will keep moving the goalposts. They don’t update the game, it upsets you. They update the game, it’s not enough and it upsets you.

Go outside or something. It is so unhealthy to stew in your own rage for something so arbitrary.

15 Likes

I mean the game needs some actual positive updates for the forums to have anything positive.

So either wait for the good changes or wait until 99% of the playerbase gives up and leaves.

The only basic attack that feels somewhat ok to use in my experience is barb’s lunging strike. But not for the damage or the resource generation, its just the movement utility that it offers.

People said the same thing about D3 yet that game ended up getting updates to bypass the generators and it felts SOOOOOOO much better.

Because like 12 pages were just “X generates 1 more resource and gained 3 - 10% damage”

9 Likes

I recall in Diablo 3 when Inna was buffed, and then nerfed. It went something like this:

• original 950% damage multiplier (a very B/C-tier build)
  • it is buffed to 3000% (propelled it into S-Tier, and even then, it wasn’t competitive with the strongest builds of other classes)
  • Inna became a meta build for a year
  • Blizzard nerfs the build to 900%, effectively killing it back to C-tier

Why is there no middle ground?

In this game, don’t you think they could have changed:

12% to… 20%?

Whoa a whole 1% increase!

9 Likes

For those of you wondering, including Dev Notes and titles, it’s actually just a little over 8 pages for the full notes in 13.5-26 point font. Changing it to regular 12 point makes it only 7 pages.

2 Likes

I believe this is the popular opinion. It fixed xp… somewhat. So no new content until season 1 now, no fixes or anything. I can’t imagine season 1 is much different than what we have now.

3 Likes

For me, the XP increase sounds meaningful. I ventured over to FF 16 before the season because leveling was such a slog.

4 Likes

The forums will never be positive on the game. If you want any proof of that, look no further than the WoW forums. Dragonflight is a direct response to everything hated about WoW over the last 7 years and they’re still finding things to complain about.

3 Likes

no balance changes , no itemisation changes , minor bug fixes and QOL improvments ( the easy stuff)… nothing interesting…

4 Likes

Thats not unpopular

lol

I am so fed up with this weird statement. Are you using your mobile phone for wiping your a$$ or for things it was intended?

Of course there are some mantinels and rules for the game from devs. Your job is to adapt and overcome them.
If you want total freedom just play some sandbox games like minecraft but I have a strong feeling you would complain there too.

6 Likes

You were expecting the seasonal patch before the season?

Funny.

Time to face reality, some of you will NEVER be happy, NEVER.
That’s just how you are for whatever reason and no sane service provider will ever cater to you.

8 Likes

Truthfully my friend after playing WOW and D3 for as long as I did I have learned Blizzard is either Black- Things are great a build is good it works wonderful it’s playable and meta or White-The build is Dead it’s not playable at all might as well just not even try. There is no Grey- Build is fun and playable maybe not meta but doable. They don’t know what that is

3 Likes

WoW players know this dance with blizzard and their ability to give players “false” sense of freedoms. You will always play the game how they want. Like it or leave honestly. Their egos are bigger than activision’s bank account by 3x fold.

11 Likes

I, for one, am sick and tired of Blizzard forcing me to click my mouse and press my buttons. Enough is enough!!!

2 Likes

Brotha you should try official discord aswell, specifically the auction forums. Holy hell, thats some entertainment. People fighting over items, over who is richer, over when a bid ended, about flippers, all the time. Its so good