Pls remove Monster scaling!

scaling and being able to play solo are the biggest flaws this game has…
i mean we are supposed to be a lonely hero fighting hordes of evil… not a horde of heroes fighting a few scared monsters. implement an option to play without random strangers around you pls!

1 Like

That’s too simplistic.

It makes no sense, it’s always the same, it’s boring.

Seems like D2 is still the unbeaten king.

1 Like

Just popping in to say that monster scaling is one of the best things about this game. Got 4 characters to 20 over the slam and went a different route each time. Nice not being forced into a set path over and over every season and nice that old zones won’t become obsolete. One of the best improvements to the game IMO.

1 Like

I agree with people saying that scaling is killing the power increase feeling that is supposed to come from leveling up. This was my strongest fear regarding D4 and it has proven to be as bad as i felt it would be in a hack ‘n’ slash. This is the consequence of the “game as a service” design for D4 sadly. This design choice won’t appeal to most old school HnS fans i presume.

1 Like

As a fellow D2 enjoyer I too lived in the past, perhaps that’s why I absolutely hated Diablo 3 even though I purchased both collectors editions. However, Diablo 4 feels really good and I’m excited to be part of it unless it turns into Diablo 3

next when they would indeed change this, you start complaining you dont get enough xp from farming low lvl mobs… Or you will get bored due to the fact only a few places have high lvl mobs…

hard agreed, gonna bump this thread so they see it

1 Like

With monster scaling as is in D4 I don’t really understand why there is a level system in the game after all.
To unlock skills? This is already done by other means apart from leveling, like the renown system.
You could potentially remove the level system after all and replace everything with renown in the end.
I feel the level scaling just totally undermines the level system of an ARPG.

I like the usual way of a level system more, where monsters scale with progressing through the game and while entering new areas.
When you level-up you get stronger and the monsters in that area you are in at that moment, stay at the same level.
So you have this time window until you reach an area with stronger monsters, in which you can feel the increase in power gained by this level-up.

In D4, monsters directly scale up to your level but also so does gear that drops from that monsters.
As a result, when you level up, you directly feel weaker, because your gear is outdated for that level.
So you need to find gear again, that makes you stronger. That means that the level scaling even more outlines that power mainly comes from gear alone and not from the character himself.
In the recent betas, I felt like leveling up is a bad thing.
You want to finish the story without doing any side quests and keeping your level as low as possible to make it easier.
You will reach certain areas at some point with minimum level monsters that are higher than your level.
This is the only moment you actually have to level up, … but not too much only just as much as you can handle.

I wouldn’t mind to have level scaling to be an option in the end game. That you can empower certain zones/dungeons or whatever if you like so (like TZ in D2).
But during a playthrough, while leveling up your character, it feels very very bad to me.
Also the scaling within a group is also super strange but that’s another topic.

4 Likes

It kinda doesn’t matter if you get to lvl 20 because all monsters always take the same time to kill, whether you are lvl 5 or 20

Absolutely not, this is how zones remain relevant and they can reuse them. Otherwise the zones become dead.

Well said… and the people that like scaling because they can visit older areas to still have a challenge, there’s always the ability to add events like the hell tides, etc to still keep them relevant. But scaling, the way it is, feels like you get no real progress in power.

YES, MY ABSOLUTELY BIGGEST CRITICISM! WTF I already opened another thread on this matter. At least put in a level pauser of some sort!

1 Like

This is the reason why the game will never be as good as D2, I cannot believe they messed this up.

The individual scaling kinda assumes that the player is completely braindead

2 Likes

they never gona remove monster scale cus it makes easy life for them to add new content for ever , minimum efort maximum profit thats the codex

You really think people will go back to act 1 to do any generic side quest or dungeon later on?

1 Like

Yes if course, content is there so why not?

and why not if you like quest go quest even gods do quests

I am level 35 ( playing 2 days) and i must say - the creator of topic is right - if all mosnters scales with areas, there is no point in gear. i dont know about end game, but currently this solution is VERY bad

I hope they consider removing it. like seriously so. This is the crappiest thing about the game.

They scale with lvl, not gear. Eventually you will melt through them all.