Please Stop Capping and Nerfing

Please stop nerfing and capping stats and paragons and glyphs and builds and classes
You are removing fun from people, buff instead. The game development should be into giving players variety on things to do, not frustrate them with caps nerfs and obstacles to overcome.

You already alienated a lot of classes with the disparity and unbalance in the current state of the game… you are taking an horrible path.

Make things fun by buffing, not capping. Fix the damage formulas and the broken things, but stop nerfing.

No one will probably read or listen to the community and that is why if you dont dramatically change the course of things now, the next season will be a complete failure.

You still have time, communicate with us and revert some changes, add things to the endgame, fix the bugs and the broken things that are plaguing us since season 1.

Thank you

38 Likes

Why should they not do it?

They don’t have to. And we don’t have to play the game either. Time to move on I guess.

Glad I didn’t pre-order the expansion.

4 Likes

Fr fr we bussin’ ong no cap :sunglasses: :broccoli:

1 Like

Caps have been a thing in games forever. Hell, limits, in some form, have always existed, because even in the earliest of games with such systems, devs weren’t stupid enough to think removing caps would be a good thing.

Nerfs are a good thing. I don’t want to play a game where one single build is so obviously the best that there’s no argument; nerfs help with that, because for those of us not focused on the “omg my class got hurt and mommy needs to kiss it better” mentality, we recognize it’s good for the game as a whole.

10 Likes

I don’t think asking for buffs in Diablo 4 is right. That just makes the numbers continue to get out of control if buffing is the only answer.

No, they actually need to

1. Decide what Pit tier all classes should be at as a target for balance. If it’s Tier 80 or 100, fine. Just decide.
  2. Make a list of every build in the game that is possible to create - so I would expect to see 50 builds at least.
  3. Balance them so that they can run this Pit tier +/- 5 levels at a similar time and degree of safety. This can result in nerfs or buffs - the aim is balance, not buffs.
  4. Remove the remaining Pit tiers. They are no longer needed since you decided that no class should reach them, and if they theoretically could push much further, go back to step 3.

I really feel like Pit 100-200 is a giant mistake since many builds start feeling how rough it is at 80 or 100. This tier feels like where the game should cap out at. Anything pushing past this is an outlier (barb, etc.), and instead of buffing everything to reach this, you probably need to nerf these.

I feel like if you buff everything to tier 150 or 200, you will trivialize the leveling process even more. The leveling process is already very easy - the power level is very high, you can easily do 30+ levels above your character as it is. Level 100 content is actually ridiculously easy, that even hardcore is something I think casual players can engage in now. The Uber bosses at level 100 are also very easy - you don’t really need to even engage in master working to beat them, and you utterly trivialize them if you masterwork to 8 out of 12, even on a bad class.

I really do feel like if you buff builds more, you just make leveling even more of a chore. I actually think power levels generally need to come down, not up. Because in order to make more builds reach tier 150-200 of the pits, you would have to buff tempering or the skill tree damages by a lot, which only trivializes the level 1 through 100 journey because it will impact that too.

I am not saying leveling should be like it was at launch - that was too slow and tedious, and wasn’t that fun for me. But the current difficulty balance of season 4 is probably currently too easy and buffing various builds a lot more to reach barb would just make this part of the game even easier and damage numbers would get even more out of control. I would curb it and just get rid of the outliers like barb now because all barb does is make 3-4 other classes complain. It’s just easier to scale barb down then it is to balance 3-4 other classes to be like barb.

9 Likes

oh there was always an fix that would made balancing much easier to do. make every class have to find the same amount of loot. No extra slots. and balance the class mechanics from there to have fun diversity.
All arpgs work by that principle, everyone has to find the same amount. only d4 strays so far from this proven path.

Weapon tempers made extra weapon slot is like giving them another extra aspect on top of the already more aspect slots. not dialing something down here is and was always doomed to fail. and it still shows.

1 Like

What did you say?

Please speak English… :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

Uncapped paragon would be a disaster like D3 meaning gear almost mean squat. It’s all about them gons.
No thanks

2 Likes

this made me guffaw. thank.

I think it means it’s hella good.

It must be a Gen Z kind’a thing.

Eventually we are gonna be talking in Acronyms and shorten 3 digit syllables at the end of 2024. :unamused:

I hope they never go to court to plead their case to a Judge.

1 Like

S5 gyatt slaps :peach:. Bet.

1 Like

Season 5 … Gyatt (good?) slaps… Peach? ?

What are you betting?

Always bet on Blizz the Rizz :100:

1 Like

Half the people are asking for the damage numbers to be lowered and the other half is asking for buffs instead of nerfs.

You can’t have both.

If you never nerf, damage just keeps rising and things get out of control. 4 trillion damage would become commonplace.

I’m not saying I agree with the caps or not but some of these nerfs are necessary.

Nerfing is a necessary option if things aren’t working how you expected them to. Nerfing things that aren’t “up to spec” instead of buffing things that are working exactly how you planned would cause phenomenally more chaos than you expect.

3 Likes

Neither do i. But they need to be carful as to not go too far with these adjustments. And they need to consider all feed back, Not just the “Pro’s”. When internal testing is outsourced to Youtubers, Problems are bound to happen due to class bias.

1 Like

Game is too easy, stop buffing unless you’re going to buff the monsters

Name a game. EVER. In the existence of gaming that some class was not stronger than the others. Name one that was ever made better because of a nerf.
ONE. I Dare you.
Balance is the REASON D4 is so bad not the solution to fix it.
Class balance in a pve game where everyone can play everything is just an excuse for the horrible players to deny they are horrible. If you was playing a shooter you would blame aimbots.

1 Like

mesmers in GW1 PvP. twenty required.

2 Likes