Playing on PC, haven't seen a single person type

This is how their game works. You just don’t understand it.

you are seriously really wrong.

like, you can just have a separate chat server that connects all instances of a specific town together, this isnt something that hasnt been done before by other games, it isnt even something that hasnt been done before by blizzard in wow.

also there isnt very many things impossible when it comes to basic tasks like chat. its just a matter of programming it into the game. no one is asking for the game to physically add another core to a processor and swap out a gpu. we are asking that when we press enter type something and press enter again everyone in the world in that town see it. and if not everyone, at least a good enough number of people.

5 Likes

That’s not a world chat then if it only connects 1 zone.

Hurr durr.

You don’t have to. All you have to do is have a separate Chat server from the game servers, and have all the clients connect to that. It doesn’t even have to be a powerful server since chat isn’t exactly CPU intensive even with a huge number of clients connected to it.

Your computer is capable of connecting to multiple servers at the same time. The fact that you can use Discord and Diablo 4 at the same time is evidence of that.

2 Likes

Oh man, you are sick. Go away

It would be unusable. How do you determine what clients can connect? You can’t make this decision in any meaninful way to make a world server.

You should stick to playing the game because you suck at game design.

You as player can decide if you wanna join chat

Oh boy, you guys are bad at this.

here we go, toxic starts in 3…2…1…

1 Like

Maybe you should just go play the game.

i know you are anti social, lonely red head, but we do like contact

Might be a good idea to join a Clan.

When you don’t ever get world chat remember this conversation.

Multiple people are telling you are wrong, people that do this kind of work for a living, and instead of realizing you’re wrong, you’re in delusion land, blaming everyone else. Have some self-awareness… :woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

Yeah well a lot of people think they know more than they do, so that’s not surprising there a lot of wrong people here.

We don’t have a world chat and won’t get one, so I know I’m right.

We will see. Go away None want talk to you

I don’t think I ever said we will have a world chat. I freely admit there is a very good chance that Bliz never implements one.

But if they don’t, it’s not because it’s impossible or too hard; it’s because they choose not to. It’s possible and I know I’m right. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I hope they do add it. It is a MASSIVE nerf to anyone looking to meet people and play the game together.

6 Likes

Honestly, that is fine with me. This isn’t FFXIV. I’m here for the ARPG and to go pew pew pew and collect loot drops not make friends and connect with people. It would have been even better if they had just made it so I could play offline and not have to see people either, but alas I’ll struggle on.

Considering D4 will actually have PVP, I would assume being able to communicate in local/trade be helpful.