Playing on PC, haven't seen a single person type

I was really excited for the online feature of D4, and was hoping to make some online friends to play with…

But I have not seen a single person type anything ingame so far. Not once.

I’ve tried typing in local, and I don’t get a single reply.

Is there some type of other chat channel I need to join?

Is it because I have crossplay on and I’m just getting paired with people on consoles that don’t have keyboards?

4 Likes

Same there needs to be a zone chat or world chat imo

3 Likes

Nah, it’s just that nobody is talking.

and there is no Global Chat, just Local and Trade. and you have to manually turn Trade chat on in the settings.

I went under the social settings and enabled “trade chat” and it does not come up on my chat window at all.

This isn’t an MMO it is an ARPG.

4 Likes

I’m not even sure chat works at all. I tried /help and saw there was a /trade chat command, but it didn’t seem to work. It also shows a /logout command, but that doesn’t work either. I donder if “Cheats disabled” just disabled every / command in the build.

That’s a really neat story babe.

Riveting tale.

This has online capabilities, and there is a local/trade chat option, therefore, yes, I do expect people to speak.

If this were a single player game, I wouldn’t expect it. Thanks. Anything else smug to say?

4 Likes

local chat is the exact same thing as in WoW, however, this is Diablo and not a MMORPG. It is an online action RPG, so just know that you probably won’t see a lot of people talking.

Local chat is not trade or LFG chat like in MMORPG’s. It is…very local :slight_smile:

Don’t worry. I have seen one person actually talk but you have to be close. Most people are too busy hacking away demons. There is no global chat in Diablo 4 from what I can see so far.

You don’t understand how this game works so everything seems possible to you.

They can’t do a world chat.

Each zone can be running on different servers. And there are multiple zone instances spread across servers.

You can’t do a world chat across this architecture.

3 Likes

Correct. This is not World of Warcraft or a MMORPG. New players just don’t understand how it works, but I think they believe they are mislead because this is the first open world online Diablo game. So I think they believe there is a world chat to talk with everyone.

Not the case here.

2 Likes

They should add it. It will help players to get into.

1 Like

agreed, the social aspect is what feels missing to me

1 Like

They can’t add it. Not possible.

BINGO. I read about local/trade chat and assumed I’d be able to connect with other players and make friends to play with.

2 Likes

I bet (and hope) they’ll add some kind of optional group finder when season 1 starts.

2 Likes

Software architect here with C#. It is possible teddy bear :wink:

2 Likes

You must suck at what you do then because it’s not possible.

They’d have to connect all servers across a region and the chat would be full of spam and not usable.

It’s a dumb idea.

Oh i can see that you are not technically involved. You are just poor little baby. Who the hell say that they should connect all servers into 1 chat? Use brain…

3 Likes

I can see you have no clue what you are saying

Each zone of the map is a separate instance that can be running on any of their servers.

You can’t connect all of these in a way to make a “world chat.” How do you decide which servers constitute the world?

You can’t. So you’d have to connect them all.

You are wrong. This is not how it works in programming.

2 Likes