Playing on PC, haven't seen a single person type

As a rule of thumb, I turn chat off. I am not fond of them turning this into an mmo-lite. I wish that I could turn off player names and just pretend that they are bugged npcs or something. Id like to be able to mute emotes too. I have found that disabling cross platform has lowered the traffic a bit in hubs, and I see less of the idiotic gamer tags.

Its sad to see this game go full cash grab. At least they didn’t nerf xp and try to force us into buying boosters…for now

1 Like

Of course why would you not disable chat? We talk about full worked chat with all options like ignore all, ignore one player, join, leave etc…

Isolation isn’t good man. Ever see what happens to people when they are left alone in the woods? All people are not bad

2 Likes

Diablo Immortals has chat and it is ok (i was playing it for a while)

1 Like

Depends on the persons brain chemestry, certain people will function much better when alone, without any of that ‘depression’ stuff all the ‘normies’ deal with.

Yes i can agree, but sometimes you need be able to turn chat on, for general purposes like “cannot kill the boss. Who can block it for me?”

I play sorc on second level. I has problems with airidia and now with lilith. This is why chat should have been added. I will then find in game company who will block it for me.

This end like this: I change difficulty level to lower because i dont wanna stuck on 1 boss, instead of finding help and doing this right.

Wasnt it beautiful if you will go in ARPG to help someone do their job?

You’re probably the minority in that.

D4 is nearly perfect, it would be 10/10 if not for the in-game store, and forced online play.

I dont think so. We should be able to choose. If you wanna stay offline, or wanna join community and being able to speak in chats etc.

Have seen people use local to thank for helping with a world event, not much in towns except during the SS. If you want to be social your best bet is to join a clan that fits with your interests.

Isn’t there only like 4 ppl per shard? I play with friends.

It’s the early stage of the game. Not to mention this is still Early Access. Most of the playerbase playing right now are hard at work on progressing their character or two. Once the general mass gets their hands on the servers, it’ll become more lively.

Many Diablo vets are solo players and not a fan of the forced shared world elements. The multiplayer component has always been an opt-in for those interested. Diablo 4 says “Nice immersion, sure would be a shame if someone ruined it. Have you met xCatboi69x?”

Yes they could. How do people like you with such little creativity survive in this world?

Not saying it’s the best idea. But if they wanted to do it they could just have chat servers separate from in game instances.

Not very hard.

Then don’t join the world chat if they were to add it. Some people like the background noise of others talking in chat and dont feel so alone.

I’m 100% ok with world chat as long as they let the filth spam in there. I swear sometimes I’d log onto battle net just to see what bs people were chatting about.

Agreed software engineer here, it’s possible to implement. People who are saying it’s impossible don’t know what they are talking about and simply saying it because they don’t want it due to them being butt hurt that there is a social aspect at all. Based on comments at large I’ve been reading; those that want the mmo elements outnumber those that simply don’t want it.

Yeah. It is really weird, only 1 channel at that is the Local one. No trade etc.

Perhaps it will change come Tuesday.

Don’t bother explaining something you don’t understand.

It’s not a programming issue it’s a logic issue. No one cares what launguage you can program in. It has nothing to do with the problem.

C# isn’t used for games anyway so your experience is irrelevant.

Let me summarize the problem for you logically because you are lost in the weeds:

• You can’t add people to a world if no realms exist. There is no way for you to filter people into realm groups
  • The issue has nothing to do with programming, it is just a filtering problem
  • If there are no realms you can’t assign people to groups in any meaninful way because you would be just randomly assigning them to groups. It wouldn’t be a world chat. It would be just a subset of all players that you randomly chose
  • You would have to just randomly assign people to small groups to fake a world chat or you have to combine all servers in a region. These are your only two options. If you combine all servers then the chat will be unusable and full of spam. If you randomly assign people to groups then some people won’t be able to talk to other people because they’d be in other chat channels.
  • Because there are no realms you can’t say server A belongs with server B. Server A and B can both be hosting the same zone as each other. There can also be many servers hosting the same zone to spread out players appropriately. A “server” is just a piece of code that runs an instance like a zone or dungeon. In D4, each zone is a separate server and I believe dungeons are as well. Each of these has a small limit on the number of players it can support. Each zone only lets in like 20 players or something like that. The other players entering the same zone are moved to another instance of that zone on a separate server.

It’s purely a logic problem not a programming issue. Keep your useless experience to yourself.

I agree the people saying it’s not possible are saying so because they are butt hurt that there are mmo elements at all. They are simply the ones who cry the loudest.

Most comments I’ve read in large. People are excited for the Social aspects and mmo elements. Honestly the only way I see the game surviving in end game progression and more importantly new player interest later is going to be PvP and mmo level difficulty dungeons that require groups and strategy to accomplish. For example ESO is about dead yet still has millions of players. Blizzard would easily win over a ton of their user base even without being a true MMO. I honestly don’t understand why some players are against it other than the usual answer of “This is Diablo it isn’t that” ( If they haven’t noticed this is a new Diablo game) or “but it’s not my favorite way” ( Still have the option to play campaign and seasons like they would have regardless ) blizzard will get a larger user base this way over tip toeing rollouts around players who already have the option to play the game the way they want.

I just turn chat off simple fix for me. I wish I could get rid of the whole chat box, but alas I can’t