Petition to update Ahavarion, Spear of Lycander 🔪

This item is too weak. I propose a few changes to update this item. This item also needs its name changed to Staff of Lycander. What is a spear staff??? I stab you with my stick?

Base Old Spear:
16% Crit Chance
20% Attack Speed
35% Damage
Lucky Hit - 28% Stun
Gain a random shrine effect for 20 seconds after killing an elite enemy. Can occur once every 30 seconds.

Base New Staff:
16% Crit Chance
16% Haste (Haste is attack speed and movement speed on one affix)
35% Damage
Lucky Hit 25%
Gain a random shrine effect for 30 seconds after killing an elite enemy. Can occur once every 30 seconds.

These changes make this item way better and a proper uber. You will always have a shrine effect and you gain a very nice boost to lucky hit.

Haste is also a very nice affix that could be for uniques only.

Thoughts?

Please +1 if you agree with this update! :pray:

3 Likes

i say remove the lucky hit and damage boost, replace them with some interesting procs

like 33% chance to proc a double attack, that could be fun…

I’m ignorant of most builds outside the ones I play for rogue and necro, do people actually use this thing? For that matter do you think they would use it after your changes to it?

2 Likes

no one use it for any serious builds, but if it has a 1/3 chance of doubling your damage, i think its worth using

heck make it 50% even! truely uber!

1 Like

I think it would be even better instead of updating it this way to, all shrines effects are in play, can only occur once every 30 seconds.

This would be a true UBER!

Max Speed
Lightning Damage
Crits only
Invul
Greed

all at one time muah.

I was thinking of posting on this item w/ update requests; thanks for doing this. My $0.02:

1/ Not opposed to your changes, though LH vs LH: Stun is a big tradeoff for a sorc

2/ I very specifically would like to see this use the Lunar versions of the Shrines (ongoing) vs. the base shrines; this further differentiates the item and gives it some much needed “oomph” given the loss of a Focus

1 Like

Ive been using it in 90-100 dungeons on meteor sorc. Its super fun but feels bad much of time with greed or such buff. Very flashy but unreliable. I think these changes really buff it up as haste is super good. Lucky Hit removal and replacement with new affix is interesting. Maybe shrine duration or some more synergy like this instead:

Defeating an elite or executing an enemy adds 1 second to your shrine durations.

Maybe another power like this:
Gain a random shrine effect for 180 seconds after killing a BOSS enemy. Can occur once every 180 seconds.

That would probably be way too op. I like it but yah super op.

You mean like the Windforce barely anyone uses?

Rogue can have 100%+ lucky hit chance on 3cp Penetrating Shot, and Windforce is still not good enough.

Except the Staff is nominally an Uber. It should be amazing, a serious contender for BiS. In reality it’s mostly a meme - fun(ish), but fairly impractical and completely devoid of synergy with just about anything.

You think my changes are not enuf?

How about this then:

Even Newier Staff:
16% Crit Power (Crit power is crit chance and crit damage in one affix)
16% Haste (Haste is attack speed and movement speed on one affix)
50% Damage
Lucky Hit 25%
Gain a random shrine effect for 30 seconds after killing an elite enemy. Can occur once every 30 seconds. IF this killing of an elite enemy was from a lucky hit, then gain 2 random shrine effects instead.

this item is not even a spear

its a staff by blizzard standards

i would start with there

I literally started there.

so…something that can give you near 100% uptime (if you stack a bit of shrine uptime affix) : 100% crit, invulnerability and so on ?
yeah no :sweat_smile:

I use the staff as is on a Arc Lash build. I am currently Lvl 90 and doing Tier 75 NMD. This is on Eternal realm because I chose not to play season 3 so I am doing it with no seneschal robot boost.

The build might be stronger with a wand/dagger and focus but it a lot of fun when the shrine effects go off. I think the Spear of Lycander is OK as it is. I am not a fan of making uber unique items a “must have” best in slot. Especially with how hard to get they are. I kind of like the quirky add on effect and the fact that it is usable but not great if you want something unique and are willing to sacrifice a bit of efficiency to get it.

Even the Shako, which most everyone raves about, is not all powerful. a helm with great stats and an aspect like a perfect Juggernaut may be a better choice for your most efficient build.

I dont think my buffs put it to S tier. The original buff that is.

add 20% cdr, resource gen, and mcr to it

1 Like

No, I’m saying all effects for the duration of the shrine effect.

Not 100% uptime of a shrine effect.

what i’am saying is you can have these effect permanently.
considering the amount of elite in a dungeon and the fact that shrine duration can be extended through affixes : it’d be easy to have it 100% uptime.

also , even if it was merely 10s every 1min it would be still too op in my opinion.
100% critical hit ? invulnerability ? every single time it activate ? and all the effects at once ? seriously ? :sweat_smile:

Theres a limit to shrine effect per 30 seconds right?

It should be an uber. It needs to be op.

Its random now between all the effects so yeah you could just get greed over and over again.

yea but adding shrine affix duration can make it so it goes for longer than it does by quite a lot , even doubling it.
meaning you’ll almost get it perma considering the amount of elite in a dungeon

or perma altogether if it stack.

and no , uber shouldn’t be “OP”
there’s a limit to how powerful an item should be, it shouldn’t be as imbalanced as enigma in D2 for example where everyone will for sure wear it if they have it on every class

uber is simply a rarer type of unique, doesn’t mean it should be op especially considering how rather easy to get they are compared to actual true rare unique in D2 or ancient primal perfectly rolled of D3.

i 100% disagree with your vision of “uber should be that op”
Shako is already quite bad on that fence. (though , good thing item such as godslayer to compete with it exist)

if you think being quasi perma-invulnerable and one shot killing everything (due to 100% crit) from one single weapon is normal then…guess you just want cheat code it’s like god mode and unlimited weapon of doom

1 Like