PC Shutdown during early cut scene

I think it was an overheating issue. I was playing my new Barbarian, just got to the chappel and a cut scene was playing. Out of nowhere my PC just restarted and my fans were going crazy. Maybe there are uncapped framerates in that scene?

Anyways here are my PC specs, I feel like I shouldn’t be having an issue. Updating my drivers now to see if it’s better. (stuck in a 2 hour queue though, which is… fantastic)

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 4 CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus PRIME Z690-P D4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory
Video Card: Gigabyte Vision OC GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB Video Card
Power Supply: Corsair AX850 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

6 Likes

I just had the same issue, and it scared me because I already sent my 3080ti in twice because of that issue. I let the fans run for a few minutes before turning the PC off and it rebooted, thankfully. The GPU temp was at 67 degrees on the cut scene according to RivaTuner, so it doesn’t make sense to me.

I just set a 60 FPS limit on Nvidia Control Panel as insurance. My in-game FPS limit was like 150, might need to tone it down a bit.

I’m having the same issue happened twice so far
CPU: Intel Core i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12-Core Processor
Motherboard: Asus PRIME Z690-P D4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard
Memory: 16GB DDR4/4000MHz GSKILL Trident Z RGB
Video Card: GeForce RTX™ 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6X
PSU: 850 Watts - Corsair RMx Series RM850x 80 PLUS GOLD Certified
Cooler : Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 360mm Premium Edition Liquid CPU Cooling System
Fans go Nuts louder than I have ever heard them.

It happened to me twice, complete shutdown of the computer (and I had to unplug/plug the power supply to reboot) without any error.
I enabled RivaTuner to check performance/temperature in real time and no overheating problem, I doubt it’s my PSU…

I have a 3080Ti (NVIDIA, not a custom one) and a Ryzen 5900x.

Same case here
RTX 3080 TI
The PC crashes at Church cutscene and fans go crazy.
Temperatures are fine , Drivers are updated to latest.
No problems in other games.

I post on English & French forum. Same GPU 3080ti gigabit, but for me it’s finish, my gpu is dead.

So it seems like the game doesn’t like Gigabyte 3080-ti .
All of us share more or less the same video card.

Same issue 2 complete shutdowns & reboot no errors & not due to overheating. GPU temp was around 70ish. I run other more intense games with temps hitting 80+ degrees for hours long with no issues.

Computer specs:
-CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i9-12900K 8P/16 + 8E 3.20GHz [Turbo 5.2GHz] 30MB Cache LGA1700
-VIDEO: GeForce RTX™ 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6X

This same thing happened to me when I clicked the door to the first underground area. My computer shut off completely and I had to turn off the power supply before it would turn back on.

5900x

2 Likes

The same thing happened to me during the church cutscene. It rebooted in the Bios. EVGA 3070ti, i9-11900k, 32gb XPG ram displayed 3440x1440p.

This is information that could be interesting. I also play ultrawide (32/9 but the game only supports 21/9 it seems).

Same here, i play on ultra wide. Could that be the issue? But the game supports ultra wide just fine no? I mean there are no black bars like in elden ring or anything…should work

I do wonder! In the meantime I will play on my 24" 16/9 monitor to see if it helps, I don’t want my CG to brick like the other guy :sweat_smile:

Same here

5900x

Holy crap, it happened to me again. Clicked on the first underground area entrance and computer shut down. Wasn’t even playing for 2 minutes this time.

I Read that and logged off No way I’m gonna kill my GPU for Diablo

1 Like

Odd, I had this happen after the first cutscene but not running widescreen (4K), not latest tech, and no blue screen. I did see a Kernel 41 error though in the event viewer.

CPU: Intel i7-10700k
GPU: eVGA RTX 2060 Super
MB: Asus Strix Z490-G
Memory: 64GB Corsair Vengeance
PSU: Corsair AX850 Titanium

Three times PC shut down when entering the first underground area. Waited almost 2 hours to get back in after the 2nd time and turned the graphics to low. Still had the PC shut off. Insane. I’m done with this beta.

Has happened to me 3 times after 100+ minute queues. Such a waste of time.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor @ 3.80 GHz
Gigabyte 3080 Ti
128 GB RAM
Win 11

Just had my entire PC turn off and back on as well. Temps looked fine while I was playing the game.

Playing in 1440p, i9-9900k, 32GB RAM, 2080 Ti