PC optimization is very bad

3 gaming PCs in my house of various ages. ALL are having problems running the game at any settings properly. The best of the PCs (i7-12799F + 6700 XT) is near catching fire running with everything set to low or off. 50% GPU and you can sit and watch the temp slowly climb to 80C+

This is actually far worse than last beta test.

EDIT: So looking at the official system requirements and I am just shy of the Ultra 4k requirements but I can’t play it even play on potato so something is very wrong.

8 Likes

Same issue here. Ryzen 7 2700x + 5700XT and temps are hitting 95°C even on lowest settings. Tried posting in the tech support section of the forums but they had a nice copy paste ready to blame it on dust and hardware.

4 Likes

I was just about to reply to that lol… its not dust in ALL of the gaming PCs in my house with different CPUs and GPUs doing the exact same thing. I run FFXIV at max 1080p 144 FPS no issues, Overwatch I can run max 1080p 144 FPS with no issues.

D4 with minimum settings and frame rate while looking worse than D3 on PS4 and my PC sounds like a Jet ready to take off.

3 Likes

Same here. Booted up Spider-Man and Jedi: Fallen Order to double check and no issues on the highest settings. Doesn’t get near 95°C

1 Like

Same here , if not fixed i may not be able to play d4 :*(

1 Like

Same, after 20m my PC is super hot. I have a 3080 and run every game on the highest settings no issues ever. latest drivers tried changing settings removing shadows all that.

2 Likes

Haven’t had any issues with my 3070ti

2 Likes

I’m getting very frequent traversal stutter, but otherwise my frame rate is a solid 120 at native 1440p. The cutscenes run terribly though, they always stutter for some reason.

1 Like

Same, no issues here on a 6800XT. According to GPU-Z the hot spot on my GPU is around 80 C at 144FPS on max settings. I tried Red Dead Redemption 2 and the hot spot is around 105 C so D4 is doing better than that game for sure.

I have something similar
fps clunky and laggy, camera moving with frame drops, lowered all settings nothing changes

2 Likes

Try to set the max FPS lower.
I did it with my low budget R7 250 and had not problems.

4 Likes

I have 5600x - rx 6800 - 32gb ram and game run very bad, stutters and camera fps drop. I was hoping they optimized better for amd, I’m thinking about a refund.

1 Like

pc still has no force move interact keybind without everything going clunky

2 Likes

have to mention game run perfectly fine, over 30 years of gaming heat issues like this that I’ve seen and never experienced myself even though I play two dozen games a year,
were PC airflow issues, dust and aged thermal solutions. Every game forum has a post of people complaining game makes my pc hot.

On that note, intel UHD770 on lowest settings 20-25 FPS even though not very playable game can scale down to run almost on anything with actual gpu, so no it’s not badly optimized, might be hardware/driver issues here and there like every release.

Game runs fine on my machine. Graphics set on Ultra, running 2560x1440x165Hz. 12700Kf + RTX3090, cpu p-core temps below 80C, GPU hotspot 78C. Running custom water cooling system.

49” ultra wide

Everything max. My cpu temp is only 40-50. Sometimes spikes to 70 for a couple seconds.

this game pc version is like another one of the (badly ported made version of a console/mobile game)

3 Likes

Temps for what guys?

as I mentioned in my post, I have had nothing but blue screens and crashes over and over in this version.
Its not my pc, its D4, and it better not be causing any damage to my gfx card -.-

1 Like

RTX2060 6GB card here and my GPU isn’t going over 66C.

That’s about average for my system.