Path of Exile 2 can't get here soon enough

I’m not there yet, but feeling it already in act 1. Stand around and wait while homegirl gasps and goes on about her mother. This is to be expected in console games, but it hurts after D3 accomplished so much with followers and people like Leah talking to you while you traveled, without making you stop all the time. And before that, D2 did nearly all of it with skippable text scroll that you read in town, on your own time.

3 Likes

Sadly once Path of Exile 2 comes out, I’m ditching D4 likely for good.

1 Like

:rofl:mao They understand 1% of their player but can’t be bothered to even give 2 sharts for even that 1%. Blizzard is at least attempting to appeal to a larger portion of their player base. EHG is also focused on wider appeal, however I think it will be at least 6 months before 1.0 comes out.

1 Like

Kind of feel bad for the PoE devs at the moment. If they do anything that is seen as simplifying the game for a wider audience their fanbase is going to lose its mind. Their forums are going to be full of deranged complaints about every little change they make.

1 Like

Path of Exile 2 can’t get here soon enough

Neither can their forums.

3 Likes

Then go, just dont play d4 because your copy paste build got nerf.

4 Likes

The D4 beta was why I started playing PoE more.
And I am still very much looking forward to PoE 2. D4 is fun, but it lacks depth and polish.
D4 having the same rubberbanding issue that Last Epoch has (a game still in early access and that costs half as much to play and has a dev team of <25 people) hurts my brain. Blizzard is literally a multibillion-dollar company at this point. How do they still flop so hard at launch time?

1 Like

to be fair, you admitted it yourself, there was no day 1 patch.

These PoE fanboys are worse than the Russian trolls on Facebook.

6 Likes

The funny thing is that every 3-6 months GGG do a round of nerfs and balance changes and the PoE fanbase absolutely lose their minds.

3 Likes

Blizz has a long history of gatekeeping in their games. They are all about making this drag out as long as possible to milk every dollar they can. It makes sense, financially, to have players progress slower so they don’t have to chug out content as fast. I played almost every season in d3 but after this slugfest im seriously considering whether I want to invest time in them.

2 Likes

you probably never played 10k hours in poe

yes i dropped a mirror

i have a head hunter belt in nemesis league

poe2 will have new campain ? sure we willl try it

but diablo 4 will still be nice to hop in

im actually doing the nightmare dungeons
they are cool . i like the affixes
it remind me WoW mythic +

1 Like

lol, the main thing thats kept me out of PoE, despite having purchased a number of micro transactions on it, is the skill tree, its massive and overwhelming and honestly, i feel like theres too much to learn to even start thinking for myself in the game. a lot like why i dont play chess, i feel like it would take years to really even get to the territory where you try something new.

5 Likes

They build out the game two seasons at a time to stay ahead of the curve, and there’s no additional fees to play the game, so I’m not sure wtf you mean.

PoE 2 is just PoE with crossbows.

1 Like

Huh? PoE 2 isn’t out yet.

This is a fair point. I think most of the criticism is aimed at how we’re seeing D4 dev decision-making, though…and I’m going to try and say this without spite, but I feel like there’s a lot of insecurity around how they’ve decided to approach things early on.

“Players are playing in ways we don’t want them to.”

Of course it’s more complicated than that, and like you said it’s only day 2. I’m going to just wait and see how they adjust things in the coming 1-2 weeks and hope I’m still enjoying the game at that point.

If you saw anything about seasonal stuff you’d know there’s clearly an incentive to spend $ for more rewards. Also, the more time a player spends in the game the more likely they will be to spend $ in the shop. That’s advertising 101.

You’re absolutely reaching. If Blizzard wanted to sell cosmetics so badly, they would have made in-game loot look more generic and wouldn’t be giving out cosmetics as rewards.

It’s a reach to say a game company with a rich history of selling out wants to maximize profits? ok lol.

You have no idea what you’re talking about. Go play Lost Ark, GW2, or any mobile game, and you’ll see what “advertising 101” looks like.

1 Like