Patch 2.0.2 Gives a pretty big nerf to LS Build

It seem LS build will get nerfed quite heavy with the day one patch for V.o.H.

Lightning Spear

* Only 12 Lightning Spears can exist at one time. Any new ones created will destroy the oldest one.

Fracture Winterglass

• Cooldown Reduction for Conjuration skills affix has been swapped with the inherent All Resistances affix.

Aspect of Splintering Energy

• Tooltip now properly conveys critical damage scaling.
  • The effect can now only happen every 0.2 seconds but will deal extra damage for each trigger missed while on cooldown.

Also tempering is changes with the LS limit

Tempering

• Lightning Spear double cast tempering affix changed to Chance for Lightning Spear to Deal Double Damage.

Don’t forget splintering aspect change too.

1 Like

You’re right, I’ll add it to the list.
This basically is RIP for LS meta I’m afraid.

3 Likes

There was actually a buff to LS in these patch notes that you should add in, but yes, I believe the power of the build significantly lessened with the removal of GA +Conjuration cooldown, and the cap on LS.

Not sure if the Aspect to Splintering Energy change is a wash or not. Could be.

The current Diablo4 Blizzard team just keeps ruining what’s fun. It’s incomprehensible.

1 Like

Which one are you talking about?

Yeah I’m simply in awe of this. Welp you sorcs had a good season. Now F off while we bring barbs back to the front.
I’ve been really looking forward to using this build in VoH, with all the other new stuff.

How can this be a rational design decision? Was it OP? Admittedly yes.
Did it need the scorched earth treatment, so that it can’t be used at all?
Hell no.

I wish I hadn’t preordered

Yeah, build is pretty much dead for anything, but leveling and speed farming I guess.

I can’t believe they just DELETED the build instead of dialing it back some…too much fun detected apparently.

1 Like

that is not saving it, the dmg was done with splintering not LS, so its straight another nerf, making it take more time to reach 12 LS

What they did here is destroying a new way to play sorc, by limiting it to the ground. They should have instead gutted splintering and made all conjurations better not capping all conjurations. U cant even reach 30 CM stack which is the new cap anymore. 29 is the max u can reach with the new system.

1 Like

Nerf barb!

20 characters

Well they deleted S0/S1 Hydra so I 'm not surprised

1 Like

Hey they havent limited Hydras heads to 10 or so, maybe that comes next!

I won’t be surprised if that happens, but I still feel the S0/S1 Hydra is stronger and more flexible.

i mean it was also strong cause of a bug :slight_smile:

LS needed some tuning, not destruction. For added “F you” factor they even nerfed the winterglass. This is just like the ball lightning build. It was OP, and hella fun.
It was destroyed too. Who plays BL with gravitational now? No one I’ve seen.

It’s unacceptable how hard the nerf hammer came down.

1 Like

Ofc it won’t rectify the 12 LS limit. But it’s better to have it do double damage instead of pumping out LS faster when they are limited anyways.

I suspect LS will be a A tier build, and given runes, mercenaries and other changes it is hard to state what will be the final outcome.

1 Like

I dont think if it will be even A tier

There are tons of nerfs. 12 LS cap, huge Winterglass nerf, double dmg instead of double cast, internal cooldowns (splitering aspect) etc. etc.

It will be maybe for light content, speedfarm, on low Torments. But it is not worthy because probably, will be weaker than other Sorc builds. Especially not worthy where we still dont have “armory” and we can’t use LS build as “temporary” or “speedfarming” because it takes too much times to rebuild completetly for other activities

Need to admit and need to deal with it. LS Sorc dies today

1 Like

Don’t forget we also have familiars, that is another 6 sources for the conjuration mastery counter.
At max: 12 LS, 6 Ice Blades, 2 Hydra and 6 familiars = 26. The max of is 30.

Do conjurations coming off Winter Glass have their own counter as well?

There is no problems with conjuration mastery counter where even 30 cap was’nt big deal

There are a problem like i mention before.

“12 LS cap, huge Winterglass nerf, double dmg instead of double cast, internal cooldowns (splitering aspect) etc. etc.”

I see, You took calculation from Mekuna i think but this calculation only impacts Conj. mastery bonus