Overall Feedback of the Diablo 4 Beta

Hi Blizzard, please see my feedback below from a player that has played both open betas for ~25 hours in total.

I have also created a series of bug reports in PC Bug Report - Diablo IV Forums. Individual bugs to be linked here later.

Praises

(to be filled in later)

Things to address

Please see the following things to address below. Not expecting these to be addressed before game launch, but addressed at some point.

Map UI

• Both your current location and the tracked quest are not obvious enough. Take some inspiration from Zelda: Breath of the Wild and add some animated indicators around these markers to make them easier to spot.

Skills UI

• Respecing at times is not possible or made more difficult due to constraints around minimum skill points (for each node cluster) when you want to shift skill points to different skills in earlier node clusters. Please add some sort of “swap skill points” function.
    • The best solution I have for now is allow the player to place “respec” or “placeholder” skill points into skills that haven’t been learnt, which then get learnt the moment the player refunds any skill points.

Character UI

• Inventory: With the rate that gear fills up the inventory and with socketables drops becoming more common in higher acts or difficulties, a separate “Socketables” tab in the character’s inventory would be nice to place any items that can be socketed into gear (ie, gems)
    • When you want to add a gem or socketable to a gear piece, there should be a key/mouse binding to bring up the available socketables to socket it with (switching to the “Socketables” tab will do)
    • When you want to use a socketable item into gear, there should be a key/mouse binding to bring up the available gear to put the gem or socketable into (switching to the “Equipment” tab will do)
  • Materials and Stats: Why can’t they be separate buttons? I think they were before?

Town Portals

• Allow the player to change their default town portal location. I can’t seem to change this from Kyovashad to something else.

Dungeons

As many have stated, the dungeons can be repetitive and tedious.

• Backtracking dungeons can feel really painful. Sometimes players miss objectives and that’s their fault, but when completing a dungeon or main quest line event, there should be a quick way to exit out of that area other than the “leave dungeon” emote wheel command (which in some place isn’t even an option).

• I agree with the feedback that says not all monsters should be killed, but 95% of them AND all elites should be killed to progress to the next part of the dungeon.

• I agree with the feedback that says any pickup based dungeon objectives should allow the character to carry all of them at once instead of one at a time.

• Overall, some dungeon designs are visually appealing, but some of them are quite monotonous.

Town

• Movement around town does feel slow without skills like dash or dark shroud movement speed bonus. Hopefully this doesn’t affect passives like haste but, can this issue be addressed somehow? Maybe add more than 1 of each type of NPC function in major towns like Kyovashad?

Thanks in advance, more points will be added as I get feedback from other players and have more time to add extra points here.

1 Like