NVIDIA 40 series crashes

Is this still a common issue? Installed the game on a new pc running NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 and the game crashes every 10 minutes if not sooner. Thanks.

gpu overheat?

I’m running a 4070 super and have no cooling issues at all or any other problems. I built my own rig and have three 140 mm case fans that blow upward onto the graphics card, Along with it’s own fans. So i have sort of push pull air flow. I’m real big on air flow.

1 Like

Ive never had this game crash on my 4080, peformance is also decent with rtx off.

Which nVidia driver version do you have? You can check that in the nVidia control panel by clicking the Help menu at the top of the window and selecting System Information. You’ll see your driver version in the first line of the listed specs.

Typical issue with Diablo 4 and GPU:
Not enough Vram
SIMPLE

I have here 4090 + 6 GHz Intel + 64 Giga RAM - never had issues but…I never saw in my live such consumption of computer resources like in Diablo 4 !!! Of course I use maximum settings without DLSS (upsampling reduces quality of surfaces/textures)

At the beginning of D4 I noticed almost 18 Giga Vram consumed by game and system !
Now situation is better but still if you have 12 Giga Vram GPU…you are on the edge with max settings.

also consumption of RAM is very big by this game.

4060 for me and haven’t had a single crash. Everything on your system up to date and nothing else on your system interfering with it?

1 Like

Is it possible to ignore someone who has their profile on private?

Did you recently update Drivers? Sometimes you have to roll them back ,if you had no problems prior just try rolling them back.

Version 560.70 released Jul 15, 2024

Runs fine on my 4050

1 Like

Crashes on 4000 series cards were mostly due to frame generation to my knowledge. Crashes could be due to intel CPUs, lot of attention on higher end 13th/14th gen intel CPUs lately and instability.

yes.

click on your icon top right, click the “person” icon for your profile. in there there’s a tab called “users”.

you can manually add anyone to the ignore list there.

1 Like

Coz airflow is dang important!!

1 Like

There are reports that Intel 13/14 gen has been unstable…

If you still have old PC (Not Intel 13/14), try the 4060 in the old PC, see if it crashes.

h ttps://www.engadget.com/intel-has-finally-figured-out-its-long-standing-desktop-cpu-instability-issues-130042083.html

I also run a 4080 Super myself.

Couple of suggestions:

Run an older driver. I’m still using the release version of the driver for my card, from January. No issues with it yet. Steps to do this can be found here:

-For those of you that have an Nvidia graphics card and have the following issues:

(note, the drivers suggested here are not recommended at this point for a 4080 series card - Use the January drivers)

Second big thing that I found to be a problem is the virtual memory. The default settings are not sufficient.

You need to make some performance tweaks (it will help the system overall, and won’t hurt the system to setup)

Visit this post with the details on how to set this up for your system:

-Diablo IV has run out of memory - #103 by DTMAce-1687

Lastly, you can disable Direct storage:

Play Button, Gear cog. Command line arguments. Add -disableds in the box.

This disables the game from using Direct Storage. However this will NOT fix out of memory errors.

This relates to the game not loading, stuttering, freezing etc during play.

See if any of this helps you.

i noticed whenever D4 getting patched, it will tune up my custom graphic settings to high. so i have to manually configure them back.

also, defining (large enough) virtual memory could help.

lastly, turn off the cross network communication. so how this feature is buggy and after turned off, no more crash.

Hey Blizzard! Thanks for making a Diablo 4 that has pretty much the same graphic abilities of Diablo 2: and doesn’t play on Pc Nvidia graphics cards anymore. I wouldn’t of bought pc version, if I knew it was like the early days of WOW. I have a 3060, and monitor turns off 10 seconds in at character selection. I updated driver, adjusted various graphic setting, and disabled frame generation. I have no heating issues. FEELING LIKE I WASTED 70$ ON GAME AND FUTURE UNPLAYABLE EXPANSION. Sad, games been out long enough to make expansions without fixing serious root problems.