New round of Nerfs, Has barbarian been reduced from S tier down to B Tier?

Seems like this is gonna be a mistake by Blizzard. I suffered through 40 hours of slow and clunky combat with the barb to get to a point at world tier 3 that it felt good to play, and was about to go do my capstone dungeon. 6 hours ago, it would have been challenging and rewarding it, i spent an hour doing the capstone, just to give up on the boss because i have no resource anymore, no defensives, and no damage. Barb feels like its been nerfed down to unplayable in it current state, atleast with WW. Any thoughts, suggestions, or comments are more than welcome.

Patch notes >> Diablo IV Patch Notes — Diablo IV — Blizzard News.

10 Likes

So uh, do you have a source?

Diablo IV Patch Notes — Diablo IV — Blizzard News.

1 Like

…huh. Well, they didn’t ruin my twisting blade rogue that much, so woo.

.25 → .1 and 3 → 2 max is a pretty sizeable nerf, it will certainly feel much slower for you when you play. This is the 4th nerf in a row for barb, and this one hurt real bad.

2 Likes

I regret going barb, I hoped i could play it for a week at least…

2 Likes

Like a handful of people have gotten these builds up and running, the other people who didn’t preorder haven’t even played the damn game yet and its nerf city. Also while doing all this nerfing, perhaps looking at buffing some specs ect should be in order? Ohh its probably that you don’t have enough data yet… oh wait if you have data to whip out the nerf bat surely there could be some buffs too? No? Just nerfs okay, this sure looks like the WoW dev team, not D4.

8 Likes

It’s honestly not the worst, I’m a deathtrap variant, so my cds are already basically up instantly.

Kinda lame for leveling, though. Rogue has a lot of good options if they ever put more bullets in the twisting blade build though, something I’m not so sure barb has. Annoyed by how little they buffed necro minions and nothing for CE.

All these nerfs are disappointing.

6 Likes

What’s stupid about the barb nerf is they don’t really bring up alternate options, either.

Like, barb doesn’t have anything besides whirlwind. Sorc has a few other options besides arc spamming, rogue has a ton of options that are all relatively high tier builds, necro has two very boring but very powerful builds that don’t use summons at all.

4 Likes

Well what is it? B tier or unplayable? Cause it can’t be both.

1 Like

They’re the lucky ones.

1 Like

S Tier meaning i could clear content 10-12 levels above my character level. B Tier meaning I can clear content 3-4 levels above my character level, so, to play the content i was already farming, this build is unplayable, and dropping down 8-9 tiers of content, does not feel good to play.

As a barb main, I now hate my barb.

5 Likes

Bro for real, I literally was going hard, now I have to wait like 18 seconds to use my shouts again. Wtf were they thinking, this legendary was the only thing keeping barb on a crutch, now it’s so bad, feels like lvl 1-20 again.

Like don’t they get waiting 20 seconds for a 3 second buff is horrible design, shouts need to be baseline 10 seconds MAX or put wayyyy more CDR in the game(CDR Gems HELLO).

Idk, about to reroll to necro overlords with their 100% buffs.

3 Likes

“Not as strong” ≠ Unplayable

They completely gutted barbs

6 Likes

I’m currently looking Alkaiser stream, and looks like a ‘‘fix’’ would be to take Disembowel glyph, if that can help. Yes… it all dependent on that 10% chance, but he can usually keep his shouts up like before on pack of mobs with that Glyph.

I’m getting big tired of them nerfs tho… does anyone test anything up there at Blizzard ?

1 Like

Like my WW barb is World level 1 bound. Fights my Scorc just ez modes in tier 2, my barb sometimes struggles, in tier 1. It was always the “yeah but then you hit 50 and your godly to make up for the 50 levels of crap you just shoveled through” and now its just no, shovel that crap and get ready for more.

I am a fan of nerfs but what they did to the barb was absolutely criminal

streamers who were in the hunt for 100 literally stopped to remake into other characters

4 Likes