New round of Nerfs, Has barbarian been reduced from S tier down to B Tier?

Everyone’s being brought down to Werebear levels lol!
Also, lol at people “racing to 100” in a race where there was a purchasable headstart and so many bugs some players can’t even progress the story to get their mount.
What some people need to validate themselves.

1 Like

The nerf to bold chieftains aspect ticks me off. I just got that and was loving the 12 second cool downs on my shouts.

I had it for two hours at least…

Thx Rob gg :grinning:

So you want a maintenence buff rather than a meaningful timed buff? It looks like blizzard “intend” barbarian to use Shouts when needed. Not when there’s meaningless trash mobs to kill. Funny how blizz want Shouts to be a burst cooldown.

Level 59 nightmare barb here. It’s C tier now. A lot of “run around and wait for cooldowns, so that I don’t get 1 shot”. Playing with Rogue rl friend in level 70 sigils all night, and he was carrying prior to the nerfs. Post nerfs, it got rough. Not “more difficult”(it’s an arpg, and a monkey can reach the ceiling), but the fun was taken away. Running away from enemies to wait for cooldowns, and trying to manage a resource that degens by default without the tools I had 5 minutes before is boring. This was a huge mistake by Blizzard.

8 Likes

Just an update for everyone, i have transitioned to a very rough and barebones thorns build, still uses shouts, but doesnt use any fury spenders, and i just cleared my 70 captstone without ever losing health. Thorns it is boys! This is that exciting gameplay Blizzard was looking for!

1 Like

Could you send a link to your build?

Somewhere around there. Whirlwind is still better than HotA which is second best barb skill and its a c-tier skill. So maybe B.

WW is still very good, you just need to actually grind for specific mods on your gear and level up so you can get as much CDR as possible on your paragon board.

You can only roll cdr on helm and amulet so good luck with that. But yeah, once you hit high enough level you can use paragon (afaik). It will be 75 levels or so of suffering though.

I was talking about ressource cost reduction and ressource generation mods mostly.

I have CDR on helmet but it’s mostly aspects and glyphs.

No link really, theory crafted it myself. Basically, you want to take everything thorns related, both of the thorns legendary aspects for barb. Roll thorns on chest, legs, neck. Other than that, max out max life, main stat, and run bleed amp since your thorns will be applying bleed with the sword mastery.

Probably S tier to C tier. Barb is playable but it’s no where as exceptional as it was.

Running around waiting for cooldowns is exactly how my sorceress plays. Is blizzard dumb? Do they even play ARPGs? What moron told them this is good design? Didn’t they get enough flack about this with Diablo 3 and WoW? Apparently learning isn’t something blizzard is capable of. Just dust off the same trash mechanics they got hell for TEN YEARS AGO, slap a new coat of paint on it and call it a new game. Honestly, we should be blaming ourselves at this point. This garbage company is never going to change, they lie to us about “play your way” knowing full well this is the same trash system as Diablo 3 which had zero build diversity, show us the new paint job(skill tree) and we fall for it hook line and sinker hoping that they will pull their heads out of their a$$es and listen to the ARPG community for a change. Nope, you get the exact same gameplay as D3. Trash resource generator/spender gameplay sucks. PoE is a thing because the fools at blizzard tried to reinvent the wheel and ended up making a square, giving GGG the environment to thrive in. Congratulations blizzard. You gave GGG all the advertisements they needed for PoE 2. And they will swoop in and prove once again blizzard is so far out of touch with what makes compelling and fun arpg gameplay they may as well pack it in. The power fantasy is the primary element. Diablo 4s combat and scaling has major core design flaws that should have been abandoned after D3 and seeing that most of the skills in that game were just garbage and not even worth considering. It’s a system that by design is made to force you away from using powerful abilities, and instead forces you to spend most of your time using weak basic skills. Blizzards fetish with cooldowns nerfs and forcing you to NOT play the skills you want to play has slashed my hopes for this game. Because it’s just Diablo 3 all over again with some new shinies like dungeons, paragon boards etc distracting us from that truth.

1 Like

My barb has been nerfed too much and blizzard said they wouldn’t nerf it again. Guess that’s it for diablo 4

Oh noooo the world is burning, HotA isnt 100x times stronger then everything else anymore.

also they are PTR notes, and are not final. But i guess its too late now for us since d4 is already dead after you said it!

10 months passed

(* ** ** ** ** ** *)

Ay feyw Moments lateurrh

yeah saw that too, but since its a popular trope right now i let it slide. Since we finally know that d4 is now officially dead! :smiley: