New End Game BOSS & Same Old Loot Table

Why would you introduce a brand new end game boss and give it the same loot table that currently exists on Duriel? There should be 4-6 Andariel specific uniques obtainable. In fact I would move Andariels visage over to this boss from Duriel and this boss only to fit the encounter.

People are only going to run whichever boss is quicker because there’s no incentive to do one over the other. Do you have no imagination or passion when crafting a new boss? It really feels like unique item creation for you guys takes an absurd amount of time for some reason based on how few we get each season.

3 Likes

actually because people get mats passively while playing the game, they will just run whichever boss they currently have mats for. it will be nice to do both and get ubers

7 Likes

Just do whatever boss you want with the mats you have.

stop complaining for once, will ya?

2 Likes

While I agree, to be fair it’s not like we have a lot of uber uniques or equally rare gear. So for the time being I think it’s okay. Now do I think it would of been cool if blizz would of made a few new uber uniques to put on her loot table? I sure do. But we don’t have that right now, so maybe in the future.

Well tbh Duriel have no special loot table. There is no gear that drops only in Duriel fight. Yes, chances for uber unique are higher, but honestly that’s all. So why do Andariel should have special loot table?

Pretty sure they also stated they were opening the loot table to other bosses and even earlier world tiers so I would agree with you but there is all of… THAT.

Personally, I quit the obsessive grind for Ubers but that’s just me. You can make a great build without them and now that exp has been dumbed down SO much due to whining that I can’t meet any goals before hitting level 100… it all feels moot. Hope the next season changes my mind.

they made a new uber. the new tyraels chest

I would rather prefer the old D2 ways where Meph was fast and had high drop rates but could NOT drop the best-of-the-best stuff as in Grandfather or Windforce.

It wont ever happen but in my world Duriel and Andariel etc would have higher drop rates to create a more linear progression for players to achieve power rather than mega rng BUT the most rare items would be found in the open world only.

In d2 Grandfather wasnt even a very good weapon but still sought after. My point with that is that the 0,5% items that wont drop from Andariel or Duriel doesnt have to be game changers, their rarity alone would make them sought after.

Duriel mats are farmed from Helltide and Whisper

Andariel mats are farmed from NMD and Legion / WB.

Same loot but different journey, to some, helltide, especially whispers are boring to death, for others NMD are boring.

The change is to cater contents for wider crowd and less feeling for FORCED farming to an extend.

3 Likes

It’s a good mix imho I hate duriel after the first month of this season and all the runs from last season, a new boss brings new mechanics. Same loot so what! It’s a change of pace roll with it.

wipes tears from eyes while typing

But I want 18 more ubers! I hate this game! I’m dreading playing it for 150 hours!!

Season of the Construct they had Malphas which over three lvl 100 characters and 100ish solo runs gave me precisely zero Uber stones so I think the bosses loot tables aren’t at the heart of the problem. I don’t play games to be constantly disappointed, I already have children for that. I mean if an uber ever dropped for me outside of Duriel, I’d probably have a heart attack.

To be honest they need less uniques and make them even rarer. They are called unique for a reason but everyone needs or should have them. In lore there is only one of each so every unique should be extremely rare

Because now you can skip two bosses instead of just one.

1 Like

Let me translate it for you.

Andariel will drop every single unique and uber unique items for every class.
What else do you want ?

What’s the issue here, same drops as Duriel just no Helltide required.

its actually a slight increase in drop rate, as beast in the ice and zir didnt really server an uber unique purpose before. So yea, legit players get more chances to run for uber uniques.

only people who could dislike that are the people that RMT, and dont care about this.

Yes, it doesn’t feel very uber though. All stats and resists seem low (from the previews). The max Resist seems okayish, but 10% would feel Uber.

Even the Damage Reduction feels meh. An uber helmet has more Damage Reduction than armor.

the items effect is pretty ridiculous tho.

Maybe… but have you seen the new Elixir? It will be a shame if that’s all the effect is - a duplicate of the Elixir.

EDIT - plus with the new systems, you’re giving up a Legendary Affix + 1 Normal Affix and some of the new crafting systems for the Uber.

I’ll check it on PTR (should I find one), but so far, I’m not impressed with it. It seems like Andariel’s level Uber.

1 Like