Necromancer 2 skill slots to summon. Why?

The problem isnt choices -the problem is that it gets boring really fast.

When you pick golem and other minions you have 2 of 4 skill slots blocked with one time use skills - if you pick undead army to not be defenceless for bigger bosses you have almost 3 slots constantly blocked and only a single slot for a skill to add variety to gameplay.

3 Likes

I couldnā€™t agree more! They need L2 to trigger a new set of skill options.

I agree with necromancer feeling like he doesnā€™t have enough skill slots:
golem + skeletons
ultimate
resource generator + spender
= already 5 slots used for the basic functions of the class and only a single slot left

1 Like

Would be nice if Skeletons are just being summoned automatically from a corpse when you are not at max, or give us a new slot for the ultimate ability, I think every class could use an extra skill slot tbh.

One extra skill slot for ultimate would be nice. But in D3 skellies took up a skill slot, Skelly mage took up a skill slot, Golem took up a skill slot, Revive took up a skill slot. So if you wanted to do the whole max # of summons you lot out on 4 skill slots to keep your minion army at maxā€¦and I think I may be forgetting oneā€¦

Just another skill slot for Ultimate would be nice.

Having said that right now Iā€™m running a full summon build in the beta with no Ultimate and I can clear every boss in under 15 maybe 30 seconds with mediocre Legendry gear, most of which I got from gambling.

Just went

Decompose
Bone spear
Blood Mist
Corpse Explosion

and then just maxed out the passives for all the summon masteries and maxed out thorns. Mages keep generating essence that I can just bone spear all day if I wanted to or I can just play one handed and just Blood mist and corpse explosion my way while eating a sandwich.

The massive cooldown on the Ultimateā€™s felt useless as the DPS when using Blood mist and Corpse exp is way way higher than waiting for a low level Ultimate to recharge.

A full Summoning build with all passiveā€™s, maxed Blood Mist and Corpse Explosion is SUPER OP.

Yeahā€¦ how often do you actually need to summon the skeleton priest? Outside of boss battles and events, they do enough damage and have enough time to autoheal. On trash mobs its simply not worth bothering, because of how small the bonus from the priest is.

Yea, at 25 full leggos my gameplay was 1 skill button. Every 60 seconds or so Iā€™d get to ultimate. The rest of my time was left click right clickā€¦ over and overā€¦ and overā€¦ OH hit corpse explosionā€¦ left click right clickā€¦I was thinking hmm do I want to spend 1000 hours doing this.

Im 100% positive I could put 2 ultimateā€™s on my bar with my 2 summons and spend my entire D4 time doing nothing but left and right click.
SO BORING. but effectiveā€¦

I was wishing for a class bar separate from ability bar as well as a ultimate button. Then Iā€™d actually get some fun skills to play around with.

Yea but did you read those terrible ā€œbonusesā€ lol.

1 Like

Yeah they seemed pretty decent, especially since you can buff them up with the talent.

I would sac both skelly types for the crit and the vuln dmg boost if we had the full game already. Then probably keep the golem in the old skeleton slot.

This is exactly what Iā€™ve had to do. Make choices. Yeah it blows giving up 2 spots for my minions but Iā€™ve made a play style change to accommodate this.

Would I rather see a ā€œstance barā€ type system put in place for my minions, yes. I can live with my current play style going in to live.

Yeahā€¦ no. 20% sounds great. But considering that skeletons spend most of their time running from one mob to another or mages shooting at already dead mobs - its actually pretty useless buff with its 5 seconds. Using an direct attack spell is more effective. You pretty much only need it on elites and bosses - both of them are rare as hell, as you dont have full elite groups as you used to have, but only one elite mob surrunded by trash mobs.

Diablo 2 is awful. The further a ARPG is from Diablo 2 the better it is.

It is why I love Diablo 3 and havenā€™t ever finished a single playthrough of Diablo 2.

2 Likes

D2 fanboy stuck in the past has spoken. Duly noted. Carry on.

1 Like

Having no tolerance for stupid people? How do you live with yourself then? Having experienced Alpha endgame means you experienced pretty much opposite of what gonna be in actual endgame, if we consider experience from all other alphas.

I would happily have a golem without active ability and not waste a skill slot for it.
Just raise him with the skelly button.

You wanting to change that just shows you want your already incredibly strong class to be stronger because you like it :joy: its a non-issue if you can actually see past your nose. God forbid you make a build not using something strong that you donā€™t like the design of. Might as well not even give us class choices with the way some of you are.

2 Likes

Your beloved D3 has 4.4 user score on Metacritic and shouldnā€™t be an example of any game design choice in itself. Widely considered to be a failed game in this franchise and isnā€™t a worthy successor of D2/D1. While D2 created the genre of ARPG Diablo-like games and is one of the GOAT games.

D3 fanboy stuck in the past has spoken. Duly noted. Carry on.

Considering how OP the necro is I am fine with this lol

1 Like