Necromancer 2 skill slots to summon. Why?

You get skill point reward for completion in the area. Stronghold, dungeons completions, area discovery etc

I’ve tested the skill. It rez all of your troops

yes i think 1-2 slot more are fine,
my sumon button atm,
skely, Corpse explo, curse, golem, basic attack and bonespear.
feels sad cant use ultimate skills, or some gear give + additional skills and i dont have the slot.

Cause different ability lol

diablo 2 sucks. time to move on

1 Like

Nice try. Diablo 2 is the 2nd best ARPG in existence and was number 1 for the longest time. So many ARPG clones tried to copy Diablo 2 and Diablo 2 still remained number 1 until PoE which I believe was created by some of the devs who worked on Diablo 2.

diablo 2 sucks. time to move on.

Making choices is one thing, poor design is another thing. With 6 skill slots and your class trait taking up two of them, that’s poor design.

If the game goes live with only 6 slots, the entire talent tree is basically D3 res skinned. IT doesn’t allow for customization, and yes as you said people will look up the most optimal builds because we only have 6 slots.

1 Like

FFXIV has just as many slottable skills and misc (like emotes and macros) as WoW and their controller scheme is super freaking smooth. You can even do their Ultimate trials which have a higher skill requirement that almost any WoW mythic. This is not a limitation. It’s an excuse.

1 Like

IF you remove the skill slot from your bar, your summons die even if you have them talented and what not.

1 Like

yep, but to be fair, the responsiveness and overall feel while using a gamepad in d4 is pretty good. Tried Mouse to move, wasd and Gamepad. Gamepad was the most fun. For me the way to play d4 is play Gamepad for the action, and use mouse for management when returning to town, works nice.

1 Like

I’m a mouse and keyboard user. I simply also happen to have a mouse with a lot of buttons so it’s zero hand movement to do much of anything. I can understand it’s a little lame to feel your game has a “required” peripheral setup, but even the number keys immediately accessible above WASD gives you 6 regular skills plus left and right click skills.

1 Like

Fair enough, been years since I’ve played console, I’m willing to be wrong

Well that’s not right

We could always go back to Diablo 2’s way of doing things and require you to cycle through 6 summon buttons frequently to keep all your minions going.

If you don’t want to spend those two slots in summons then don’t play summons, sacrifice them for their stat bonus and play a build that is not based on minion damage.

What I do miss is an extra button for necros with active summons to command their attacks, as they just go everywhere when multiple targets are available, would be nice to have the ability to command their focus.

3 Likes

found a build that has a free slot lol

fighting fire with fire. you want me to only use 6 slots? ima use only 5. TAKE THAT lol

golem/skellies/ironmaiden/decompose/blight
passives for skellies/mages dmg and inspiring leader with a side of thorns.

its boring and dumb but it works i guess.

gonna roll something else soon necro doesnt seem to be the one for me heh

1 Like

Funnily enough, D2’s shortcut system makes a lot of skills available. Do a simple key remap of iCUE or something and it’s just as accessible as anything else.

You can always use army of dead to summon the skeltons

You have the option to not use summons and in that case you can put other spells on your hotbar. So you have a choice to make.

It’s already easy mode that you don’t have to invest actual skill points in your summons and basically get them for free thanks to the Book of the Dead mechanic. The least they can do is have a trade off of activce spells and curses for being able to use the summons.

I agree, the 6 skill limit is awful but I don’t think they’ll increase it because that would mean a lot of re-balancing. Maybe they’ll add a separate ultimate skill key, that would help.