Necromancer 2 skill slots to summon. Why?

Could basically just offer both choices, like one of the golem choices had its own button with an active ability, and the other is part of the base summon skill.

It’s a pretty easy fix honestly, just have under the skill panel, slottable minions like Sorc. Enchantments. Change the active ability for command skeletons and Golem Taunt to a passive that activates every x-amount of time, or everytime your minions hit x-times they trigger ability. Minions auto raise if dead from nearby corpse.

It’s almost as if the developers made a conscious design choice to reflect a “return to root material” because there was a nontrivial outcry on how far away from their roots they went with the previous game.

Never used Necro in D3 except as mules. Try harder.

So your just bad at real ARPGs got it.

you mental midget. of course they will make changes from alpha to release. but the endgame alpha is still a good indicator of what you can expect from a difficulty and systems standpoint. saying that it’s going to be the “opposite of what gonna be” (LOL) is just dumb. insinuating that it’s viable to play a certain way (i.e ignoring core class mechanics) in endgame content because you can get away with it in trivial difficulty during a weekend test is LAUGHABLE nonsense. go back to your circus.

I dont really see this as an issue, summoning golem taking up a skill slot seems fine to me, also like others have mentioned it comes with an additional active skill you can cast. i think in beta you could only access the first one where it taunts enemies, I’m sure there will be more fun and cooler skills to activate at official launch.

1 Like

Was looking forward to unlocking the Golem…then…super disappointed…can’t say I am liking this game as much as I was hoping for.

We don’t know yet but would be awesome if there was a legendary item that spawns the Golem. I’m hopeful.

Didn’t they make D2R for this purpose? Like any art/creative work, the artists/creators must move forward and try new things. You don’t see musical artists releasing the exact same music every album, they evolve. People want new things and to have new things someone has to step out and try new things.

You could argue D4 isn’t that, I don’t know if it is or not, but making the same game over IMO is not an option. Had they made D2 just like D1, we would have never had D2.

1 Like

yea druid have 3 slots for summons best game ever woo

In alot of circumstances, it would be fine. But just for my personal experience playing thorns/Blood Nova necro. You want the enemies to ball up on you more than your golem, the taunt is fine if the golem didn’t just decide to target furthest enemy away and then Usain bolt his butt out of combat range. Also the taunt reduces damage taken which isn’t useful in the thorns argument. But I still need golem and skele defenders even though the skills are useless because the passives share thorns from my stat pool to the minions. The slots are completely wasted in this circumstance.

1 Like

Yeah, mine is similar. I use:

Skeleton/Mage Summon
Army of the Dead
Corpse Explosion
Golem
Decompose
Blight

I had to get rid of Spirit Scythe to add Golem. I was using the Spirit Scythe only to break things like cupboards and tables, though, lol. I enjoy doing that, so it is a little bit of a bummer.

That’s exactly what will happen in D4 so I’m not sure why you added this.

I only got the change to play Necromancer in the open beta. I really enjoyed the experience early on but once I hit 25 and started trying different builds out I felt like the lack of spell slots hindered my user experience. If you plan on using minions then 1/3 of your spell slots are dedicated to minion abilities. I tried summoning the minions using army of the dead but you cannot summon them unless the ability is on your bar.

I felt like this hindered my build diversity and puts a reliance on aspects that trigger additional abilities. Like blood mist triggering corpse explosion or bone prison casting blight. I think this problem will only get worse at higher levels when we have twice as many skill points to use.

One example is having one basic, one core and one ultimate skill:

• Decompose
  • Blight
  • Army of the Dead

In this example I only have 1 skill slot left to pick one of the 7 remaining Necromancer skills.

1 Like

Please fix this blizzard! And give us more buttons while you’re at it!

The necro summoning abilities themselves have active effects and are functionally no different than Druid pets.

1 Like

Put Necro Summons to f1-f4 and add them as mini Skill slots.

I’ve also noticed some pieces of gear that give +skill point into a certain ability, sometimes the extra rank does absolutely nothing for the ability. Have rank 1 Bone Spear with +1 (rank 2) from some boots I got and it didn’t increase the Bone Spear stats at all. Game is broken.

I wish this were possible.