Necro skeletons look terrible

Yes, that’s what I said, that I’m going to quit the game over it. I was totally freaking out and saying the game is trash due to skeleton appearance.

Or maybe I saw something that seems very out of place and offered reasonable feedback.

Take your meds dude.

3 Likes

omg. you people will never stop finding something to call “cartoony” in these games. it will never be good enough, huh?

1 Like

Necro skeletons have a wow feeling unlucky.

4 Likes

I agree, and they look the same. different shield, weapons, would be really appreciated

1 Like

they don’t teleport, they leap at where you command.

I agree, they look extremely cartoony and lame.

4 Likes

I agree with this, lose that flat blue glow.

3 Likes

how they would look? lol it’s not a real thing people can do, you know? how it looks is totally up to artistic interpretation.

1 Like

Agree with the OP – in a game that has artistically knocked it out of the park re: the tone of the aesthetics, the necro’s glowing skeletons are an unfortunate eyesore. Yes, there is an accessibility aspect to it – they glow to differentiate themselves from common enemies. Ok, but maybe there should be an option to disable that for those who want to sacrifice accessibility in favour of immersion.

They already have loads of similar toggles – get rid of damage numbers etc. I toggle-off as much gamey stuff as I can, as the graphics are very good. And they carry the game in the more repetitive moments of ‘been there, done that with a previous character’. Looking forward to the ray-tracing addition. It is teetering towards a piece of art with the visuals.

2 Likes

They were going for this visible necrotic power animating their bones. Kind of ended up with florescent disco skeletons. It does look really underwhelming.

One thing I’d like to bring up about skeletons is how annoying it is that they have one variant for each type. If they gonna take a look at them maybe think about adding a variation or two here and there.

Whilst I did enjoy the necro playstyle, I would 100% concur that the skeletons look TERRIBLE, I mean if you will keep the, looking this bad can they at least all move individually and not in sync?
Just give me d2 skelly skins and I will be happy, even if they are pixel rez! They were way better than this, they had individuality, personality and didn’t look like they were drawn by the interns daughter on bring your child to work day.

Make them look DEAD, this game was meant to be the return to evil, to gruesome, make them look the part. They dont need fancy armour, or glowy disco lights. I see the health bars and I’m good, I know they are mine. Even just a faint outline or something if you must.

4 Likes

No meds needed. Off you go.

They look like Scooby Doo ghosts, they don’t fit the world at all.

7 Likes

Looks like y’all got your wish. Necromancer Skeletons have been added to the Known Issues list and slated for a change for the retail game. Seems like people would rather complain about immersion and aesthetics in today’s world than play video games for the sake of fun.

I’m having fun on Necromancer, and the “distracting”, or “goofy”, or “immersion breaking” look of the Skeletons isn’t something that is of any importance to me. Now, I admit, I’m new around here and I’ve only been a part of the Diablo community for a week, but so far it’s one of the most abysmal communities I’ve ever been a part of.

2 Likes

Seems like people would rather complain about immersion and aesthetics in today’s world than play video games for the sake of fun.

“It is hard to have fun in a game that feels like it was designed for mobile.” - A Random PC Gamer

2 Likes

LOL, some proper hatred there for the old feedback thing.

That is one hell of a reaction to something that is effectively a glow effect that will either a) be removed completely and just be a thing that doesn’t glow or b) be an optional toggle.

I was gonna make a post about how waypoints should be automatically activated when you’re in view of them, because sometimes I forget to click ‘em and it does get tedious to ‘backtrack’.

But hell naw – I ain’t going down that route after reading that haha

1 Like

Hilarious that my reaction is the one getting called out, but there are people actually not wanting to play the game because of the glow effect of Skeletons. If this is what makes people tick, that’s sad.

After being involved with this community for a week now I’m already over it. Every time I see Diablo 4 discussions online it’s always someone complaining about insanely weird crap. I came across one person literally critiquing the amount of wild deer in the world :rofl:. Every day it’s always something. I get critiquing major stuff like Dungeon design, difficulty, etc., but to critique the most unimportant stuff like the look of an NPC, Idk, stuff like this is both hilarious and incredibly sad.

1 Like

Diablo 4 forums are surprisingly civil compared to, for example, the wackadoodles that frequent Steam and will 100% try to isolate your physical location to slash your throat over, say, suggesting that you think early access is taking too long.

That shezzz (filter) will happen, my friend.

So I don’t wanna pick fights given the impressively civil attitude of ppl here, but dude chillax… It has been stated several times that the OP is not thinking of quitting over the glowing skeletons. Dude just thinks they look naff af man…

We only agreeing with that sentiment. Hell, no one’s talking about boycotting the thing over glowing skeletons haha.

1 Like

Am I missing something or is there no way to have necro automatically spawn skeletons like D3? I don’t know why it’s been changed to an active ability.

No, you have to create them from a corpse like in Diablo 2.

But, there are a variety of ways to create useable “corpses” other than actually killing mobs. So even if you need to summon skellies during a boss fight its easy to do.

1 Like