Nature Tornado Druid vs Twister Barb

So, Blizzard deleted my previous post regarding this topic. Probably because my choice of wording somehow offended them. So I am going to repost this is a civilized manner.

Basically, I am not in agreement where Blizzard has again, favored Barbarian over the Druid. The Druid is a Nature damage related character, and Tornado is a core skill among druids. I just want to make a viable Tornado Druid, but nope, they don’t work, and can’t deal with NM 100, not even close. I am not referring to stormclaw build, no, this is base on Tornado.

And yet, Blizzard decided that another character, the Barbarian, made it deals way more damage using Tornado, errr… i mean Twister. Twister shouldn’t even appear for Barbs, because well, Twister is really just another fancy name for Tornado, which is Nature damage. Barbs should focus on Brute strength, Berserk, etc, but Twister seem to do most of the damages and I deeply feel Twister aka Tornado’s are Nature related damage, not base on brute strength.

So in this regard, I believe Blizzard made an error in design of gameplay, favor Barbarians, and ignored Druid’s. While Druids are already way underused and way underpowered, they still decided to let Barbarians dominate the scene using a Nature damage which should belong to the Druid.

This was bad character design, and solely engineered to keep the player base that just loves to play Barbarians, and give them whatever overpowered mechanics as long as those players stay and continue to purchase Barb cosmetics.

The decision to made Nature damage onto Barbs is just bad gameplay design in my opinion. As a Druid lover, I can’t even make Tornado’s work while I see hundreds of Twister Barbs running around destroying things using Nature damage that should have been a Druid skill.

This to me is unacceptable. Blizzard, please consider refocus your design base on the characters, Barbs should just stick with Brute force, Berserk, Strength, and anything Barbaric, Twisters should have been belong to Druids and another Nature damage related.

And that is my ‘rant’. I hope you don’t delete this post as you did my OP.

8 Likes

It is ok to want Druid to have a good Tornado build, but no need to pull another fun build and argue against that in your rage.

I personally like barb twister archetype. In fact I think most classes are missing this kind of play style that breaks its basic fantasy barrier a little, and expands in other areas.

1 Like

thats always a good decision. you should make that a habit. In general id advice you to have a look on the forum code of conduct, since in theory, even discussing disciplinary actions can lead to a thread removal. Let alone, people will tend to take you more serious if you dont go on some childish rant :wink:

as for your thread. i mean, its ok to not favor barbs. i dont either. but i dont see how it can be offensive to you?

druids for sure can use some love, that doesnt mean it has to limit barbs tho.

wasnt there some tornado barb in d3 too?

2 Likes

I would have rather seen something similar to Molten Strike on HoTa when u smash the ground and chunks of rock fly up and come back down. I’m really kind of bored with %(x) damage added… We need more flavor. I hate twisters, and it doesn’t fit the barb. Maybe on whirlwind, but swinging two swords forward with double swing creating twisters is kind of dumb…

Pretty sure Barb farts Dust Devils.
Not sure if that classifies as Nature Magic. :hamster: :popcorn:

1 Like

Don’t worry.
Their Bleed Dots crit, apply crit dmg and scale with APS to boot and hit for Barbillions.
They’ll eventually do Earth better than Druids too with “Earthquake” and possibly Upheaval(this I foretell haha).
At some point Fire and Cold as well for…reasons.

Sorcs and Druids can have Lightning.
Puny :zap:

Yeah, well, classes that break their basic fantasy type just isn’t right IMO. Its ok to do a little, but completely using twister to dominate a build for a Barb? That’s completely and utterly not Barbaric.

If base on your logic. Blizzard can create an Aspect, say, called it the Aspect of Thor, and with their bludgeoning Mace, they can wirlwind Lighting damage all over the place. Is that what you want? Then you can use your mace…errr… Mjolnir, to wirlwind Thunder storms all over the place, just like how Thor spins his hammer and slams it on you with lighning. By then, Sorceress will be replaced and you can name your character Thor, wow, that’s really great.

The already destroyed Druids with Twister, lets do it again with the Aspect of Thor.

i still dont understand how 1 class receiving something, destroys another class.

2 Likes

It’s co-opting.

eg. Dust Devils are a supplementary power. An effect caused by either a passive or an Aspect/Unique etc.

When a supplementary power Vastly - not like the distance from Earth to Moon power but distance from Sun to Pluto power - VASTLY exceeds a CORE Skill of a Class.

There’s a minor hiccup in Development.
That’s about as obvious as it gets.
Who g’sAF what “Class” it is - this isn’t about Class warfare - this is about design and the intrinsic imbalance of the game which is …I need not go further.

2 Likes

well, that is your opinion and as i said, i agree druids can use some love, OPs post cleary is about barbs doing some “nature” kind damage, which affects his class identity as a druid.

thats honestly just the part i dont get. Heck, give barbs some mjolnir. wouldnt affect me in any way when im playing a sorc.

It’s a documented design FACT.
Please…just stahp with the rhetoric spewing.
It’s so pathetic.
Sigh

no rhetoric spewing. i clearly replied to OP and you decided to come in with your balance opinion.

I think we had discussions before about facts, so yea, not really going there with you again. I just engage with you anyway when you reply to me. Eventually you can stop that.

1 Like

Nyurei, really? are you serious?

Twister already outclassed a CORE skill of Druid (Tornado)
With Mjolnir, they can wirlwind Thunderstorms and lightning all over the place.

Then Barbs can truely replace Druids AND Sorceress. Then whats the point of making any other class. Lets just let the Barb do everything and anything all class can do. They already replaced the Warrior/Paladin class, hence why you dont see them, now with Twister, a supplementary skill that outclass a CORE skill, Druids are done, gone to trash.

And your OK with a Mjolnir, that wirlwind lightning damage all over the place and Thor’s running around. Barbarians wont be Barbs anymore, they’ll be the jack of all trades, do anything all you can class.

1 Like

as i said, im on board with you that druids need love. I still dont see an issue with class fantasy if classes get more options for builds.

Heck, why not some fire damage for druids? I mean they had that in d2. didnt hurt the sorc identity.

1 Like

They should just give Storm powers to Barb,
then Druid’s core powers could be different flavors of tea. :hamster: :popcorn:

1 Like

The OP spoke of a Class getting a Skill ~ Effect that far exceeds THE Class that has said ‘Skill’(in this case an effect) as part of their Core kit.

Barb gets an Aspect that makes their core skill create something that astronomically exceeds the power of the Class(Druid) that has this as a Core skill in their kit.

Following?
That’s bad - TERRIBLE design.

So in abc 123 kindergarten terms I’ll quote you for the example:

Barb have an Aspect: Aspect of Dust Devils Aspect of Fireball - While Whirlwinding you periodically launch Fireballs that deal blah blah damage.

So Sorc is your Class and you can’t be bothered because it doesn’t affect you

Gotcha.
But let’s assume your fantasy is a Fireball Sorc.
Your Sorc is doing 250k dps with their Fireballs.
Your FB CAN scale off Crit and Crit dmg.
The burning you apply cannot Crit, no Crit Dmg and does not scale with APS

Enter: Barb Aspect of Fireball
Their Fireballs deal larger AOE, hit for Barbillions, aplly DOTS that Crit, Crit Dmg and said DOTS scale with APS.

So you’re telling me this has no bearing WHATSOEVER on the Class you Choose to Play.
That you’d be perfectly FINE with such an erroneous and egregiously bad design decision and ofc have nothing bad or negative to say to the Blizz Dev angelic and glorious overlords.

That’s your rhetoric.
That’s called being obtuse.
That’s not accepting that the CORE DESIGN IS BAD.

p.s. when an EFFECT - a supplementary EFFECT FAR EXCEEDS a CORE SKILL of another Class is - bad…BAD Design.
It’s also an direct eff ewe to Players who wish to engage in a CORE Class Fantasy.
Take off the blinders.

1 Like

you sure talk a lot about design. OP also referred to paladins. Funny, pretty much every paladin would use enigma during d2 times for the teleport. didnt hurt the sorcs class identity.

Crossover skills arent an issue. I think id even like to see some more in the future for more build possibilities. Chain lightenings on auto attacks are a classic as well.

Im not referring to damage balancing, thats a whole seperate topic, since, as i stated multiple times, druids do need some love. If we are talking about Class identity tho, certain skills being made available doesnt necessarily hurt a class identity.

yes, it wouldnt. I usually main 1-2 classes and it has no effect on me if something else is stronger. (tho this season i was lucky with my necromancer of course :wink: )

1 Like

Enigma was available to every class.
It opened up possibilities to and for every class.
It was also merely a Mobility Skill - Outside of inherent FCR BPs per class(Which frankly Barb in D2 has the BEST FCR BP - right in line w Sorc…) - it was available to all to use freely and did not grant one class more power over A SKILL that was once a different Class skill.
When ONE Class gets a Skill from another and outperforms them exponentially …yea we got a problem.
eg. D2 Enigma since it was mentioned: Barbs get a Unique Weapon that casts Fireball…
Round and Round we go.

I don’t care about “Balance” per Class except to say the GAME is, at 1 year old, beyond sheer STUPIDITY levels of imbalance Globally.
Yes the Classes - Individually - need to be addressed and re-balanced.
The current topic OP: Barbs just exist as the poster child of the :elephant: in the room of the CORE Problem with the game at large.

Thanks Magecraft, you really get my point.

Blizzard, CAN YOU HEAR US?

Please make better design decisions in the future.

1 Like

oh i can agree on that. If we ever will see this kind of balance is questionable.