Best:
Combat fluidity
World bosses
Dungeons

Worst:
Bland itemization/over-reliance on legendary items yet again
Basic skill tree, there’s not much customization
No real crafting

Music/atmosphere is amazing , story seems pretty cool, cutscenes are fantastic, graphics are top notch.

The bad, character model/ inventory, it takes up so much space but I never look at it. The design in D2/D3/PoE is simply superior. Skills/build seem lacking in design. Spell animation is the same regardless of skill level. Too many empty rooms/corridors. Limited environment interaction, world feels quiet.

Amazing launch, game play is great and I haven’t had a single technical issue.

There is no social aspect as far as chatting goes, but good news, I get clan spam for whenever someone completes a challenge!

Best - game performance has been really good.

Worst - played over 20 hours now and have yet to see a single world boss. I’m at level 38 and have only had 5 legendaries drop , 3 had the same affix on them , only one was even usable. Half my gear is under level 20 because drops are too random and changing stats gets too expensive.

I’ve had to replace and upgrade my weapon fully, plus adding an affix every 2-3 levels or my damage falls off by hundreds of points. Yay.

Can’t find him to save my life lol.

I have found ONE beast bone however, off of a spider, so there’s that.

it looks nice, it plays like diablo and i actually like the necromancer goth kid.
but that damn shared world… why? well i know why, you won’t buy cosmetics when nobody sees them ofcourse but why isn’t there an opt out option for that?
my love for the other diablo games was going through desolate monster filled places and knowing i was there alone. now when i see an event thing there’s usually some fridge with a name like smashyourfacexx allready there…
i am an oldschool gamer, you know, a darkened room dweller. stop forcing introverts to socialize.

Good:

Storytelling is amazing, lots more cutscenes and NPC moments/dialog that make the story much more compelling than D3 was.

Bad:

Cant progress the campaign coz the game freezes then crashes when I initiate dialog with quest NPC
Cant unlock a dungeon coz I didnt pick up the “optional” side quest to unlock dungeon when doing campaign quest
Cant log in to character to play after completing a dungeon and being unable to teleport to town

Too many bugs/crashes have made this launch memorable for all the wrong reasons :frowning:

Fractured Peaks and it’s towns share a single music track. The dungeons share a single music track. Small indie company. Multi-dollar budget.

Best: it has an open world at least
Worst: itemization

So far, all areas feel the same. Lack of monster diversity? Not sure. Seems repetitive at the moment.

3 Likes

Best. Graphics and sound. The game looks absolutely incredible at max graphics and 4k.
Worst. Itemization / Legendary aspect dependencies for a build or a skill to feel usable.
Also adding that “builders” and spenders is not fun simply because basic skills feels really bad.

2 Likes

Have to agree that the limited sources of “increased resource generation” and “reduced resource cost” means bottoming out a lot an unpleaseant gameplay experience

Worst. The legendary system. Aspects are great with it’s reusability… Legendaries not so much because the game screws you over unless you wait for that one perfect item.

BEST:
The story is absolutely the show stealer for the first time in franchise history. Let’s face it the lore has been there but Diablo 4 is the first time I’ve truly invested into the story. I like many others know the story from Diablo - Diablo 3 and it was intriguing and the extra lore cool to experience but D4 takes it a step further.
So… STORY.

WORST:
Seasons haven’t started yet but having to buy a new battle pass for each season is pretty wack. I’m ok for a one time pass purchase, paid expansions and a cosmetic shop but if they plan to give us 4 seasons a year(they said every three months I think) that comes to an extra $40 a year. Not terrible but since I’m sure I’ll want some cosmetics now and then and I’ll absolutely want expansions then the multiple battle passes per year purchases seem a bit overboard. However I’ll bite the bullet regardless I reckon.
So… Multiple battle pass purchases.

Link source pls… That sounds like the Premium pass

Won’t let me post the link but I read it on Xbox news.

• Gameplay is fun

• Graphics are good

• Sound, Music and Voice are good

• Openworld is meh

• first 3 Acts nothing memorable. Pretty basic dungeons, and the reuse of assets starts extremly early

“The free battle pass is available to everyone, adding 27 tiers with rewards like Smoldering Ashes and other cosmetics.”

Basic battle pass is free, premium passes are just cosmetics and tier skips…not required for seasons

ign. com / articles / diablo-4-battle-pass-pricing-season-details-revealed

Yes, but the premium has 67 tiers. I GUARANTEE some of those things will be very useful for progression like gold, material, exp and such. It is going to absolutely gimp someone to play the free version.