Name the best and the worst things about the game until now

Have to agree that the limited sources of “increased resource generation” and “reduced resource cost” means bottoming out a lot an unpleaseant gameplay experience

Worst. The legendary system. Aspects are great with it’s reusability… Legendaries not so much because the game screws you over unless you wait for that one perfect item.

BEST:
The story is absolutely the show stealer for the first time in franchise history. Let’s face it the lore has been there but Diablo 4 is the first time I’ve truly invested into the story. I like many others know the story from Diablo - Diablo 3 and it was intriguing and the extra lore cool to experience but D4 takes it a step further.
So… STORY.

WORST:
Seasons haven’t started yet but having to buy a new battle pass for each season is pretty wack. I’m ok for a one time pass purchase, paid expansions and a cosmetic shop but if they plan to give us 4 seasons a year(they said every three months I think) that comes to an extra $40 a year. Not terrible but since I’m sure I’ll want some cosmetics now and then and I’ll absolutely want expansions then the multiple battle passes per year purchases seem a bit overboard. However I’ll bite the bullet regardless I reckon.
So… Multiple battle pass purchases.

Link source pls… That sounds like the Premium pass

Won’t let me post the link but I read it on Xbox news.

• Gameplay is fun

• Graphics are good

• Sound, Music and Voice are good

• Openworld is meh

• first 3 Acts nothing memorable. Pretty basic dungeons, and the reuse of assets starts extremly early

“The free battle pass is available to everyone, adding 27 tiers with rewards like Smoldering Ashes and other cosmetics.”

Basic battle pass is free, premium passes are just cosmetics and tier skips…not required for seasons

ign. com / articles / diablo-4-battle-pass-pricing-season-details-revealed

Yes, but the premium has 67 tiers. I GUARANTEE some of those things will be very useful for progression like gold, material, exp and such. It is going to absolutely gimp someone to play the free version.

Here’s my take. All subjective so you’re welcome to disagree.

Positives:

• Customizable characters. Still very limited but just being able to attempt to make my own character feels good. Needs more hairstyles and body sizers and maybe 2-4 more faces each.
  • My character in cutscenes. Just too few to really enjoy it.
  • Story. I’m just glad to get more Diablo story/lore and that it is voiced. Not the best story but I like it.
  • The music is not bad.
  • Huge open world is better than instanced zones you load into. But I am thinking it isn’t a seamless open world I think the little hiccups/stutters are instanced points in the open world that aren’t melding correctly.
  • When I feel OP it is fun but that is rare.
  • Drops not raining like they did in Beta though I’ve got way more legendary items than a normal playthrough of D2 so maybe too high a drop chance (?).
  • Aspect system.
  • Mounts. Loved them in Lost Ark and love them in D4. Just unlocked mine and is very good.

Negatives:

• Mount not being available at the start or even before the quest Oasis of Memories which requires you to run a very long way.
  • First boss was nerfed and it was perfect in Betas.
  • No one to connect me to the past Diablos. Lorath just doesn’t do it for me. There is a cameo character from a past game but I don’t even think they are the same voice actor, at least didn’t sound the same to me, so feels like a new character.
  • Classes feel underwhelming. Can’t play the builds I want because they feel so weak. I hate funneled meta builds. WoW does that and I can’t stand it.
  • Enemy scaling. I understand the need for things to stay relevant but when trash mobs are like battling slightly weaker elites it doesn’t feel good and I don’t feel stronger. Increasing power basically equals nothing. Might as well run around it starter gear and all whites since I might feel somewhat more powerful.
  • Store skins being a little too expensive for my tastes and I hear they are for only one class and not interchangeable. Had a discussion in another thread about Plat being too expensive but it turns out it isn’t. It is the store items that are too expensive and so it throws the good Plat price out the window.
  • Limited resource regeneration on classes. Druid I don’t think regens its resources you get it from dealing damage which feels bad. Other classes it feels too slow.
  • Graphics. I only have 4gb VRAM so have to run textures on low but it doesn’t look great. Lost Ark I could run and it looked far better imo. Just my GPU and not really a Blizz thing.
  • The game gets worse the more I play it. From my past experiences this means a memory leak. Never stuck with games that had a memory leak for long because it ruins the game having to constantly log off and than back in when everything has closed.
  • Mounted attack skill cooldown. The CD starts every time you mount instead of just having a GCD that when it’s done can be used. So you have to wait 8 secs. (?) every time you mount in order to use it again instead of 8 secs. after use.
  • Remounting skill CD. Have to wait 10 secs after dismounting to mount again. Seriously? Should’ve been maybe, maybe 3-4 secs. but most definitely not 10 secs.
  • Not appearing where I exit at. I believe in the Betas that if I exited somewhere when I 'd log in again later I was in that spot but now I am all over the F’in place. I save in town and I appear in some other part of twon. I had just saved in the Oasis of Memories town and now just logged in to find I am as NE of that as you can get outside the town on the border of the map. WTF?
  • Game still has little ice skating/rubberbanding/stutters/lag at certain points.
  • STILL can’t skip every cutscene even if I’ve seen it more than once. :angry:
  • Pure Necro summoner build is trash. The build is gear dependent and I can’t find the gear. Skeleton warriors are garbage and can’t take hits from normal enemies. Defender skeletons are tankier but even they get stomped in some dungeons on WT1. The heal should be a straight heal or a heal before the HoT. The HoT is too low and can’t even keep up with the damage skeletons take.
  • Gems do not have their own bag space and too many versions take up too much room.
  • The mount not having a constant speed but going faster the farther your mouse is from center. On paper this sounds really good but in practice this is terrible. Just give me the option to have my mount go full tilt every time I click with no ramp up.
  • World Tier 1 not being less gear dependent, no enemy scaling and more for those that want to focus on the story and chill with minimal challenge. WT1 needs to be chill mode with each tier after increasing the difficulty. WT2 can start with enemies scaling to your level, the gear dependency, the tougher mechanics, etc. and WT3 can make everything faster and scale above your level and so on and so forth.
  • Appears that 2-3 Lilith shrines are in the Fields of Hatred and you get auto-flagged. Not a fan of auto-flagging for PvP. Also, thought there were no shrines that we’d get flagged for?
  • Resistances don’t scale well. 12% is not an actual 12% but something like 12% of what you have or something like that. Not even worth taking right now.
  • Trash are more difficult than bosses and can on shot you while bosses can’t. Something is off here.

EDIT: Just going to add to this as I play because I either find stuff or remember stuff from the Beta’s and Server Slam.

1 Like

Hard to say given how little I have been able to play it, so why not start there with the first worst thing about this game.

Error 30008, long queue’s to start a game and crashes while starting a game.

Then there is the awful skill layout page where you have to scroll all over the place to see your tiny skill icons and descriptions. Lots of empty space making the layout larger than it has to be. Why? Blizzard got it right in D1-D3 and totally fubared it in this game.

Characters. Too few character models and customization options available. Mass effect 1 has far better character appearance creation and how old is that game? Cyberpunk just blows this game out of the park.

Far too many crafting materials. Rawhides, galloweed, etc etc. One of the many things that wrecks Destiny 2 and this game is worse.

Skill/spell animation. Seem cheap and poor quality. Backgrounds and scenery are good quality but the skill and spell animations seem like they are drawn on with crayon by comparison. Note, very limited experience, only a few levels with the Wizard.

Lastly, the big one. This isn’t a Diablo game. I feel like I’m playing a sequel to PoE or Grim dawn. Where is the diablo feel and atmosphere? Ok, Diablo 3 didn’t have much, but this game has none. Diablo game genre has been disappearing and now it’s gone.

There is very little to want to play this game. I haven’t been able to log in most of today and I don’t miss playing it, quite happy to play other games. Main feeling I have is the feeling of being ripped off. Paying $149 aus for a game I can’t play and it not as advertised. I pre ordered a Diablo game and got something else instead.

It’s not Diablo 4. The worst I can say about this game.

Note: this opinion is based on a very short in game experience due to Error 30008, long queues to start game and crashes if you ever get to attempt to start a game.

Best things about this game;

Makes you realise how much better Diablo 1 and 2 are.

Ball well and truly dropped Blizzard.

The best:
So far, the stability of the servers. I have occasional lag spikes but nothing too wild like being kicked out or the game quitting itself. It runs pretty smoothly, which has positively surprised me so far. - Of course, there are some things to complain about, but on the whole I’m satisfied with it.

The worst thing:
What bothers me most is the NPC “AI”, which is so badly designed. “I can’t defeat the enemies alone”, “I’m being attacked. Help me!”, while the respective NPC stands in the middle of the room, surrounded by enemies, instead of the NPC “thinking” about staying near me or joining forces with the other NPCs to strengthen each other’s backs.

The living world itself, that you run into players from time to time, makes the world alive. That doesn’t bother me, but this clumsy stupidity of the NPCs then completely pulls it out again for me, because it seems like low effort work. Simply slapped on and done.

1 Like

This is one of my favorite parts. Feels more like a story and less like a bunch of separated set pieces.

The Good:

• Very good voice actors, soundtrack visual and audio effect
  • Ability to play coop with friends
  • Great overall gfx, game engine and grim atmosphere

The Bad:

• Game was enjoyable to play from lvl 1 to 25 then after that it feels like blizz lost the momentum on keeping same engaging gameplay. After level 25 everything feels like copy paste/lazy game design from previous levels but with bigger numbers

• Its a online open world arpg but some online mechanics like open world chat, dungoens finder are lacking and the open world feels dead and empty

• Level scaling, the npc/monsters leveling up as you levelup (almost the same as in tes oblivion type of levelscaling) makes the game less intetesting to explore and levelup since it feels the npc also become powerful as you levelup

The Ugly:

• Unhealthy marketing, cash shop in a game where online social interactions with other players is almost non existing, useless early access items to other games i never plays (world of warcraft) and the early access itself. Everyone who preorder should be allowed access to the game at same time in my opinion

• Its not a great arpg, it is a decent arpg to play if you are bored in rl and have no access to other great arpg like poe, albion online, eve online or even diablo immortal. Unlike d4, the mentioned games are free to play and offers more depth to the gameplay in comparison to d4

• D4 feels like a free2play game that is about to die any moment but also charges 70/100 euro

best thing propably the graphics and the music and the campaign for the most part was enjoyable to do.

Absolute worst thing is the fact that dungeons and various other underground areas have the same layout with a different theme here and there. also the objectives repeat them self over and over.

1 Like

Hi! I recommend you Join D4 Sanctuary Discord. On there you can join a clan or make friends and join a party.

Everyone here is pretty social. So if you fancy yourself a social kinda guy come join us.