Name the best and the worst things about the game until now

Just curious about some stuff if it’s just me (which could perfectly be the case):

Best:

• The launch has been very good. Ofc it has flaws (a bit of rubberbanding changing zones, very ocasional dungeons where controls don’t work, etc), but I believe that even the most optimistic ones would expected way more issues. These kind of game usually launch with way more issues.
  • The game itself seems well done. “Perfectly executed” that would say Jay Wilson. It’s noticeable they’ve worked a lot, there’s a lot of content, and they’ve put a lot of attention to detail. It has a lot of potential.

Worst:

Just 1 thing: “Lacks a bit of soul”: ofc, this is the most subjective of all subjective aspects. I’m continously having the feeling that the game is very good… Just to then realize that I’m not enjoying it too much. Looking for the reasons, perhaps I find that, since its inception, the game was designed in order to have everything a bit streamlined, everything too “standard”. Remember the “all dungeons are the same” complaint during the beta? Well, 2 examples that (in my opinion) made to the final game:

• Itemization: I’m feeling like my gear are items with a generic number of rolls, among a generic pool of rolls, with a generic legendary power and a generic name (xcept uniques) generated procedurally… So when stuff drops, I don’t feel excitement. We don’t have sets, legendary powers are 1 standarized roll we can “transplant”, and all rarities are tied to constraints similar to D3’s “4/2” aka consist in a fixed number of rolls.
  • Act bosses (story-wise): there’re some acts where I feel like “who was the act boss of this act?” (not kidding, in fact I’ve forgotten about acts 1 and 3). I mean, there’re a lot of boss fights, many of them are good, but they’re a bit “forgettable” lore-wise (IMO). They have interesting mechanics and so, but can’t remember the guy: “Ramdom Nameless Demon”, “Random Nameless Abomination” or “Random Nameless Fanatic”.

Luckily, the act bosses thing won’t matter beyond the 3-4 first times you play the game, and itemization is usually a constantly-evolving thing.

2 Likes

The boss mechanics are amongst the worst of the ARPG genre of the last 20 years. They lack diversity, phases, something to remember, creativity and any interesting mechanics.

Blood bishop in 5 different versions.

2 Likes

FINDING A GROUP. omg, chat doesnt work, theres no group finder, and everyone on the forums are like “this is fine, totally ok, this is the best, i totally love clicking buttons on a keyboard in complete solitude because i am incapable of socializing and therefore feel like everyone else should be forced into this also”

this launch really is very smooth though, thats the best thing, like, very minimal server issues, i didnt even think we would log in before 2 days from now from rolling restarts for a week. but the launch so far has been super smooth.

5 Likes

Positives?

1. gameplay
  2. music
  3. story is actually alright

Negatives?

1. Occasional latency issues.

I’m grinding an apparently ULTRA RARESPAWN ITEM for my level 30 potion upgrade, and it makes me want to scream and rip out all my hair.

Apparently none of these beasts have any bones, and/or my barbarian is incapable of crushing any of them.

Blizzard, why are you gating an early game basic upgrade behind a rarespawn item? Why have I been grinding for HOURS for a stupid potion upgrade? I paid money to feel like this.

@ottobot

Elite mob Lord Eonoan, NW of Farobru waypoint, always drops 5 crushed bones.

I was lv45 with a lv20 potion until I knew about him XD

Thank you, I will hunt for them. Where is Farobru waypoint? I don’t think I’ve found it yet.

Dry Steppes. NE of Ked Bardu :wink:

Best:
Combat fluidity
World bosses
Dungeons

Worst:
Bland itemization/over-reliance on legendary items yet again
Basic skill tree, there’s not much customization
No real crafting

Music/atmosphere is amazing , story seems pretty cool, cutscenes are fantastic, graphics are top notch.

The bad, character model/ inventory, it takes up so much space but I never look at it. The design in D2/D3/PoE is simply superior. Skills/build seem lacking in design. Spell animation is the same regardless of skill level. Too many empty rooms/corridors. Limited environment interaction, world feels quiet.

Amazing launch, game play is great and I haven’t had a single technical issue.

There is no social aspect as far as chatting goes, but good news, I get clan spam for whenever someone completes a challenge!

Best - game performance has been really good.

Worst - played over 20 hours now and have yet to see a single world boss. I’m at level 38 and have only had 5 legendaries drop , 3 had the same affix on them , only one was even usable. Half my gear is under level 20 because drops are too random and changing stats gets too expensive.

I’ve had to replace and upgrade my weapon fully, plus adding an affix every 2-3 levels or my damage falls off by hundreds of points. Yay.

Can’t find him to save my life lol.

I have found ONE beast bone however, off of a spider, so there’s that.

it looks nice, it plays like diablo and i actually like the necromancer goth kid.
but that damn shared world… why? well i know why, you won’t buy cosmetics when nobody sees them ofcourse but why isn’t there an opt out option for that?
my love for the other diablo games was going through desolate monster filled places and knowing i was there alone. now when i see an event thing there’s usually some fridge with a name like smashyourfacexx allready there…
i am an oldschool gamer, you know, a darkened room dweller. stop forcing introverts to socialize.

Good:

Storytelling is amazing, lots more cutscenes and NPC moments/dialog that make the story much more compelling than D3 was.

Bad:

Cant progress the campaign coz the game freezes then crashes when I initiate dialog with quest NPC
Cant unlock a dungeon coz I didnt pick up the “optional” side quest to unlock dungeon when doing campaign quest
Cant log in to character to play after completing a dungeon and being unable to teleport to town

Too many bugs/crashes have made this launch memorable for all the wrong reasons :frowning:

Fractured Peaks and it’s towns share a single music track. The dungeons share a single music track. Small indie company. Multi-dollar budget.

Best: it has an open world at least
Worst: itemization

So far, all areas feel the same. Lack of monster diversity? Not sure. Seems repetitive at the moment.

3 Likes

Best. Graphics and sound. The game looks absolutely incredible at max graphics and 4k.
Worst. Itemization / Legendary aspect dependencies for a build or a skill to feel usable.
Also adding that “builders” and spenders is not fun simply because basic skills feels really bad.

2 Likes