My live opinions and feedback

I’ll try writing down anything notable as I play.

1. The textures on the movie when the crow lands on the tree branch are great; I chose no graphics settings at that point and it looks like automatic settings worked well.

2. Default model for Female Rogue seems fine; looked to change the hair style at first, but didn’t see any others I really liked

3. There needs to be a way to hide the clock. This is a big one for me; I don’t like knowing what time it is when I’m playing games :stuck_out_tongue: This was the only thing that caused me to immediately go into game settings and change anything, but otherwise it looked like I would have been ready to go as-is with the defaults.

4. This should be first, but I didn’t mind the 7-minute queue time; gave me time to prepare. I laughed after I got an error saying I timed out of the queue. I loaded it back up, got put into another 7-minute queue, but changed some Battle.net client options to keep the client open and minimized that I thought might help instead of having it close.

5. I couldn’t figure out weapon swapping easily; I’m using daggers but was curious to use the bow. I’ve decided to continue with daggers for now :stuck_out_tongue:

6. I love being able to destroy wooden stuff on the edges of the environment. Felt kind of discouraging to have large areas without any interaction. Maybe all grass at the edge should move with where swung at? Trees shake, dust, or anything?

7. I went with Heartseeker at first because I figure it’s better to be able to crit at any attack, vs only getting the effect every 3 attacks.

8. Went to back-track from the town, auto-attacked, and “oh hey, a bow!”

9. I fired a shot towards deer not thinking it’d even be able to hit them, and was surprised when I heard one get hit.

10. When walking into the building to interact with a vendor, I had a lot of stutter. I noticed stutter in a few other areas before this too. I truly expect my hardware not to be stuttering with a 2700X, 32GB 3200MHz RAM, 6600 XT latest 23.3.2 drivers at 1080p, and NVMe freshly-trimmed and running at PCI-E 3.0 4x. I’m on Windows 10 21H2, but it’s possible newer editions of Windows intentionally handle this better? Not really a big deal since so far it’s rare.

11. Found some boots out of a chest and got the guide for pressing C to open the interface to equip it. Thought it was strange to not press I for that at first, but the hotkey for it works, and it’s the same combined interface so I’m cool with it

12. Finding out how to dodge was awesome! I really liked that from D3 on consoles and wanted it on PC.

13. It’d be interesting to play outside before it rains a bit, I’m thinking a phone and controller mount and stream from my PC. Not sure if I’ll test it but I wonder if there’s controller support and if it’ll just hand-off from keyboard/mouse?