My friend just had his 3080ti fried by this friggin game

NOPE new world killed brand new gpus and a lot of them bug in the code was frying peoples hardware. Wasn’t the card was old and it was always going to die. I know what you are saying but you are wrong. Now getting money out of blizzard over badly coded game that overheated and fried card that’s not happening.

1 Like

I know what happened with New World, but I also know that Nvidia fixed it in a driver released a few days later. Haven’t seen any evidence that this is the same, very specific, issue.

To elaborate, the New World issue was caused by a menu screen in the game that due to poor coding caused the frame rate in that menu to skyrocket, sometimes into the thousands.

All I’m seeing about Diablo 4 is people saying their card gets hot. A 3000 series Nvidia card can run at ~90c for days on end, if it’s not otherwise damaged, so long as the PC it’s connected to has adequate power delivery.

User Error or Hardware Defect.

I suspect the user did not fully seat the power cable into his 3080ti. This is a known issue.

Otherwise, they didn’t clean their card. They didn’t cool their PC adequately. They didn’t monitor things correctly. They didn’t seat their cable fully. They bought a Gigabyte card. They did X or Y.

But I can guarantee it wasn’t Diablo’s faulty coding. Good luck proving that in court, let alone these forums.

never use DLSS, and theres memory leaked for vram itself. if u are using less than 16gb, do not go ultra, the game auto set it to ultra andthe game uses 20+ vram (video card ram not the cpu ram). if u use lower than 20, it will cause the game to freezes a bit then shout your fps to 500-1000fps(you can hear the gpu fan go berserk)

It seems they have same problem as new world. it will brick ur card. i tab out a lot, and it needs to be vysnc at all time since there is no fullscreen.

1 Like

I was playing New World during the first months and I can assure you they didn’t fix it a “few days later”. Everyone was complaining about it for probably weeks / month.

1 Like

But my oil cooled pc isn’t having problems you must have bad hardware /thread. No in all seriousness monitor temps and FRAME LIMIT this game runs HOT.

dont run glass case. it needs ventilation.

im using same gpu. the problem thats causing the gpu to bric is probably b/c of the gpu’s ram.
at 12:14

1 Like

its bricking on people that have enlclosed units. no ventilation.

Same GPU? On what OS what system settings what Nvidia driver? I don’t know why people assume they can debunk claims based off a single system lol.

This game runs NEW WORLD hot and people saying it has a VRAM leak just because you don’t have the problem doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

Ok change resolution to 1440 not 4k

Lower frame rates u dont need anything higher then 60 for this game.

Lower shaders

:stuck_out_tongue: my settings are in full ultra, i turned off DLSS, and had my vsync on b/c the game doesn’t have full screen settings. running it at 120fps. however i turned the texture down to high instead of ultra.

also good luck b/c ive seen people brick their 3080 in this game “VERY recently” and op’s friend is not the only one.

running 536.23

This game is running New World temps that’s bad coding something is wrong. I’m not stupid and frame cap and have my fan speeds set to 100 % but other people who don’t know things are going to fry hardware.

User Error, as said. Software always has a chance to use max system resources, if your system can’t handle it then you did something wrong.

cause of new world bricking gpu was the fps shouts to the roof and melts the core. lol.

IDK man I went down in that carbon fiber sub a year ago and it didn’t implode must be user error.

That’s why I only buy hardware new. The seller listed on Amazon or Newegg must be the manufacturer.

1 Like

Fake news, it was defective cards that were failing

2 Likes

4k max settings with DLSS off will max out the card. Proper ventilation is definitely suggested. I use DLSS quality. I see no difference in quality and the game runs at 120 FPS and the GPU stays at 70% usage instead of 100%.

3080ti NVIDIA version.

FPS cap and VSYNC enabled via NVCP. Disabled in game.

Same, except i happen to live near a Microcenter so I just buy components there.

Miners have every incentive to lie, and they know that no one short of an electron microscope technician could ever call them on it. Until you get past the five year mark, I just assume nearly 100% of the cards on the used market are mining cast-offs.

1 Like