My Beta feedback

This will be my short feedback from the open Beta.

1. UI

1.1 Chat

There are some things I don’t like about the UI.
The thing that I disliked the most is that the chat window is fixed on the right side of the screen, together with the inventory.
It just looks wrong when I try to link an item to a friend and the chat window is in front of the inventory and the item i try to link.
There is a lot of space on the left side of the screen please use it and don’t cramp everything on the right side.

1.2 Quest tracking

Please let us track more than one quest.
It is obviously intended to do a lot of quests, why not let us track more than one?

1.3 Design of the skill icons

The design of the skill icons reminds me a lot of the icons in Dragon Age: Inquisition.
I played Necromancer and Sorcerer in the Beta and the icons just lack contrast.
Icons of the same class of skill (Frost, Fire, Blood etc) all look very similar and sometimes you have to take a closer look to identify what skill it is.

1.4 UI overall

Overall the UI feels cold and sterile. Diablo is a game with a lot of atmosphere but the UI does not reflect that.

1. Gameplay

The gameplay is fun and at least for the first 25 levels stays like that.
I like to have things to collect and complete in the area.
The dungeons can be quite repetitive but they are not too long.

After a certain point in the beta, at least as a Necromancer, nothing was a challenge anymore. I hope that it will change on full release and strongholds will be a challenge as a solo necromancer.

1. Performance

The performance was fine for 95% of the time. From time to time there are FPS drops from 100 to low 30s. Lowering the settings did not fix it. It was nothing game breaking and it did not make it unplayable, it was just annoying.

1. Multiplayer

I played for five hours or so with two friends.
It was not possible to use the party chat.
Party play was fun but again nothing was a challenge.

1. Networking

At times it was impossible to go from one area to another.
The character would just run in an invisible wall and no amount of waiting changed it.
The only solution was to go another way or port to a waypoint and go from there.
The rubberbanding while entering a new area can be quite strong.

I hope the feedback helps in anyway.