My Beta Feedback

Here’s my beta feedback so far:

BLUF: Fun, but requires polish and streamlining to allow for shorter, productive, play sessions. Teleport to party members, introductory area polish and better contrast/visibility options would be appreciated.

1. I miss being able to teleport directly to party members from Diablo III. That was such a simple yet fundamental streamlined feature that allowed me and my busy friends to sync up with next to no issue. When you’re strapped for time every minute counts.

2. That brings me to dungeon/mission length. I felt they were about 5-10 minutes longer than they needed to be. I imagine with more familiarity we’d complete them faster.

3. Which also brings up general travel time. I really like how large the world feels, but I certainly did not like walking as much as I did.

4. I felt like the bosses were borderline bullet-hell-ish, with the encounters being very dodging-centric. My friend, playing a barbarian, desperately wanted to face-tank, but barely survived each boss fight.

5. Which makes me wonder “Where is the life regen/steal?”

6. I was a little annoyed in one of the open world missions where I had to wait for a specific enemy type to respawn because other people were farming them too.

7. The introductory area felt like it was made as an afterthought. Highly inconsistent texture quality, animation and clipping issues throughout really gave me a poor first impression. For example, after my character was drugged the partying NPCs froze (no breathing animations, nothing) while the guy hauling me away did his thing. Oh, and my mug was totally floating in front of my character’s hand. The wood textures on the cart were oh so blurry. Anyway, the whole event reminded me of the village from RE4, down to the textures in some places… :joy:

8. Speaking of visuals, the game did not blow me away. In many ways I feel like they hired an artist who only new how to add shiny/wet effects and had them go crazy with puddles, ices, mud, blood, sweat, crystal, whatever. Anyway, the biggest detractor here is that I feel they went way to far in the opposite direction of Diablo III; the visuals are too muted and muddy sometimes. I have difficulty telling somethings apart. Stuff just doesn’t stand out, and it didn’t take long for me to toggle the option to highlight my own character. I am colorblind, but their filters just made things look worse for me.

So, no deal-breakers. Be nice.