Must ban the dupers and all who used duped mats

If someone explicitly and knowingly does something against TOS, they should be punished period. If not then this will promote future exploits.

Spoiler alert: It CAN affect some elses gameplay. If exploiters trade away gold flagged as gained through exploit, anyone who gets that gold can also be banned, including innocent traders. The same thing applies with items as well.

Seems to me you’re the clueless one here. How about thinking about the overall picture?

You definitely do not get a trophy. Deal with it.

5 Likes

i disagree. every player has the right for the game to have a safe and exploit free environment.

Especially considering future ladders, i think its pretty legit as a fair customer to be expecting a banwave for people who try to exploit everything that comes up.

7 Likes

There shouldn’t be ANY exploits period. Blizzard should ban themselves.

show me 1 game that has no bugs.

3 Likes

All games have bugs here and there. Tell me a big franchise ARPG game that had duping “BUG” two season in a row.

Please read the stickies at the top of the forums before making a post about this subject.

Continuing the discussion from UPDATE October 22 - Suspension of Trading Notice:

They’ll take the necessary action, just calm down, act like the whole world is coming to an end if this doesn’t happen to every single person guilty of this crime, let them do their work, go have a coffee, and chill.

3 Likes

How sad of an individual do you have to be to write crap like this. Damn, I’ve seen emo cutters that didn’t cry out for attention this hard. Move on with your life and get some perspective.

13 Likes

There will almost always be dupe / exploit.
There hasn’t been any bans in the history of Diablo series.
So you just have to use it or lose it.
Or just ignore everything and play the game like a single player

lol what?

Tell me again how no Diablo game has ever banned people, please.

5 Likes

They should and if they dont it will prove they indeed will play favorites to fill their needs.

IF Rob did indeed stream this, then that is evidence and they should and may take action. IF they dont ban him and his cohorts, then it sends a horrible message you are above the EULA if you are a popular streamer. We as a playerbase can also send a message by unsubbing from Rob and not promoting or watching his content which I will do shortly after doing my own research on this matter.

5 Likes

not like itd be a drama to ban him anyway. they earn more than enough with their streams, so considering he relies on games to make money, hell just get another license.

2 Likes

They could attempt an IP ban or something similiar to make it harder. Send a strong and clear message this will not be tolerated.

I have not watched the fellow. My opinion, is that anyone, streamer or not, should be held to the same standards. People in the Partner program even more so.

Blizzard usually bans the license, but allows people to make a new account as long as they keep it clean. It is very rare that they ban the PERSON behind the account, but it has been done. Not common.

What I personally think might be appropriate is something like:

• :ballot_box_with_check: Blizzard acknowledges the bug + exploit in a public message.
  • :ballot_box_with_check: Blizzard disables related functions prevents further impact from it.
  • :ballot_box_with_check: Blizzard notifies people that the EULA will be upheld.
  • Blizzard follows through on that, evenly and fairly.
  • Streamers and partners who are suspended or banned acknowledge it publicly, suck it up, and get a new account if they want to keep playing. It means starting over, but that is a fair trade for cheating. Be honest about it and start over clean.
  • Blizzard starts doing something like a PTR! Massive bugs resulting in major game exploits of the level in D4 are just a bit unusual for Blizzard. I am used to lag, queues, incorrect skill dmg calculations, an event not working, etc. Not massive dupe flaws like this.

Anyway, not a green statement, just my personal opinion as a person.

11 Likes

Specifically duping? Just Diablo 1 and Diablo 4.

General issues with exploits?

Diablo 1 (duping, trainers), Diablo 2 (duping, trainers, map hacks), Diablo 3 (bots), Path of Exile (bots)

Basically every big name ARPG ever.

Well written and whole heartedly agree with you!

1 Like

If that’s the case you wouldn’t have even suggested banning based off mac addresses. Does about as much good as banning a dynamic ip. Please stop.

2 Likes

He didn’t dupe anything. He carried people who each gave him 3 sets of the summoning mats. He even declined to carry people who claimed to have absurd numbers of mats.

1 Like

Tell me you didn’t play OG D2 online… without telling me you never played OG D2 online.

Plenty of people got hit with ban hammers over map hacks, dupes, and speed hacks. Back then, they banned people via CD key.

2 Likes

There’s nothing you can do to the duper, cash already in the pocket.
Another set of diablo4 game, blizzard and duper both like it . it’s a win-win.

Didn’t realize somebody having an item you don’t have somehow affects you. I’m only Lv 61. Am I supposed to cry because some Lv 100 rolls me up in the PvP zone? It is what it is.