More horizontal content

Please add more content like Bestiary system from Diablo Immortal.
Things to collectible not only more and more challenge.

1 Like

People don’t even want to repeating doing Renown every season. No one is going to want to enjoy such activities.

1 Like

Horizontal content =/= Horizontal power

Also yes, don’t need collectables, need less in fact

The less account-bound things (i.e. baked-in power) the better cause we might finally get an SSF mode (one can hope)

1 Like

It’s coming for sure. I bet you the xpac will offer SSF.

SSF mode alone would probably do more to help this game oddly than a lot of other things they could add imo. Especially after the season 4 upcoming changes it seems.

Also, agree horizontal systems could be interesting but I’d like to see what that could mean?

1 Like

SSF wouldn’t work for D4 currently, SF mode would. The whole purpose of SSF mode is that you have the game to yourself, you won’t run into anyone else, you can’t group, the world is your oyster so to speak. That won’t work in D4 that has an open world, they aren’t about to make separate instances in the world for solo players.

Now SF mode would work, you can still group up, go to any world event happening, but all items that dropped for you would be account bound. Which is pretty much what I’ve been playing the entire time since launch. I’ve yet to trade with anyone. Not due to lack of trying mind you, I’ve tried to give away summoning materials to friends, they just didn’t want them.

I imagine I’m not alone either, and there’s a good amount out there that have had the same experience as me, if not more secluded. It’s more of a convenience option to make sure you can’t trade items in case you ever felt the need to, but ultimately that’s up to the player to decide, which is why I don’t particularly see it happening for D4.

Now in “the other game” that offers this, its a lot more grindy, and offers benefits for going this route. Which makes sense because in the long run it would take you longer to obtain your BiS not going this route, and I’d say it’d be worse then farming Duriel for Uber Uniques.

Regardless wouldn’t affect me either way if they put the option in or not. I’m all for more options though, regardless if I’ll use them or not.

You cannot group up, all drops are your own, no trading, no sharing of any kind, but you can benefit from shared kills and so forth in the open world.

The idea is you found it and only you. All end game modes are just you.

1 Like

Yea so SF mode with just one extra caveat of not being able to group. I get the feeling more people do this then we think. Aside from Duriel runs I pretty much do it all the time. Again more of a choice in the game right now then an actual mode. Not sure exactly why would they make this a mode if people can just choose to do it now whenever they want.

This is pretty much how I play all the time and have since release.

Yea exactly my point, you don’t need a special mode for it, especially when it literally doesn’t do anything for you but make sure you can’t engage in the activities you don’t participate in anyway. If you don’t eat beef because you’re a vegetarian and all of a sudden your Dr. told you that you can’t eat beef, there’d be no difference in your life. The option to eat it is taken away, but you wouldn’t have eaten it anyway. Nothing changes.

The point is it puts you in a phase with only those players. Think better world stability, more challenge in the world, less RMT, botting, and so forth in your layers.

Peace of mind

1 Like

L M A O! D4 is already one big SSF game. Don’t need a “mode” for it. Nobody trades. Literally nobody. There is no benefit to it currently. Trading is finally just now beginning to being opened up as it should have been.

But in all actuality there really is little to no benefit from it in the current state of the game. Every single item. “BIS” can be obtained VERY easily solo as is. 90% of the players play the game entirely solo as it is. There is no benefit to group play except a little experience boost and efficiency from map wide XP.

Even then a solo semi-casual player can get max level in 12 hours time played.

IMAGINE thinking there is a RMT and botting issue in D4. L O L.

The people on these forums having nothing to say or do but be “doomers” from the start.

MORE STABILITY? HAHAHHA you mean split and reduce the small amount of open world interaction to even further.

Aah for emotional stability, ok I get you now. Makes much more sense when you put it that way. Probably why it doesn’t bother me if it’s in the game or not.

I’ve been dealing with RMT, bots, cheaters, exploiters, etc. since my first online video game way back when. I’m pretty much unphased by it at this point. Granted I don’t engage in those activities myself, but they don’t prevent me from enjoying a video game either.

Too each their own though, I don’t fault anyone that feels differently.

1 Like

Horizontal progression is so much better than vertical progression. I want more skills, more ways builds and more things to do. Not do the same thing again while doing 2x more damage.

I hope they do not raise level cap with the expansion and cap power with season 2, then focus on more things to do rather than just power creep.

1 Like

That is not Solo Self Found. SSF is better suited when D4 releases offline mode.

Considering that PC D3 still does not have an offline mode while console versions of D3 are loaded with modded items thanks to their offline mode, I don’t see D4 ever having an offline mode for PC or consoles.

1 Like

Perfect, this form of “SSF” mode or whatever people wanna call it would be great. We would all be a bunch of scavengers/bounty hunters occasionally running alongside one another, occasionally gang up on monsters and often just roam alone. If it was me we would also be able to PK each other (and gang up on the PK’ers) but I know very well that many would prefer not to.

And ofc an open-trade mode.

A player can simply play both. Which I would do.

1 Like

WoW would like a word with you. SSF merely means you only get what drops for you and that you can’t trade for any items or receive any in the game’s mail system (if present). A game that has content that requires grouping such as world bosses kind of needs to leave in the ability to group. You just won’t be able to trade. This would however necessitate changes in how and/or how often materials drop for the game to be feasible in a three month season, to say nothing of boss summoning.

1 Like

Yea WoW got it wrong too. You aren’t solo in WoW with their SSF mode. It’s semantics, but it should just be called SF mode. Really it needs a new name entirely. Can’t Trade mode, because you can quite literally do everything else but trade with people.

Hell people are even tagging mobs in that game while their friends kill it for them. So SSF mode really doesn’t apply. D4 you don’t have to worry about that, and you get exp bonuses for being grouped. It’s just easier for people to understand SSF, even though in WoW it’s just preventing you from trading.

1 Like

That’s not because it has an offline mode. That’s because Blizzard didn’t seperate your offline and online characters like they should have. Like they did in D2R.