More horizontal content

To everyone that didn’t quite get what I mean by SSF

• No account bound bonuses (as if first character) - no extra potions, skills, obols, certainly no paragon, in other words - no Renown
  • Statues of Lillith grant double the gain but will not apply to any other characters
  • Campaign-esuqe gameplay without necessarily having to start at the start-campaign spot (i.e. all 6 acts have a starting spot somewhere near the edge except FP which remains where it was)
  • All places except Fractured gain a tier 2-3 mob (so don’t fight Nangari Oracles or Quartermasters from lvl5, Fractured on the other hand could perhaps gain a new Tier 4/5 mob)
  • All events that can and do occur will be done 100% solo without help (perhaps if turns out too hard can temporarily include a Merc or two), no “Helltides” to speed up leveling up though
  • No minimal level requirements to anything but there are minimum level differences to overcome (WT3 Capstone at +5 from your character, WT4 Capstone +8, Bosses +10, Pit can be unlocked earlier also)
  • Tree of Whispers doesn’t require Campaign but requires to fight Elias i.e. earliest from WT4
  • No legion events either, however there may be some nastier mobs lurking around at those spots

The idea ? - no bonuses, include as many systems as early as possible, different but not sped-up process of leveling up and growth (based on starting point - such as say Shipwreck Cove if chose Kehjistan as starting area at start)

Perhaps could be a bit too lonely ? IDK, probably, will figure out later though :slight_smile:

most of that is easy to achieve use a new account.

joking aside, thats the true ssf mode, and most ppl expect some light version of it

1 Like

they will if what you add isn’t boring and adds value to your character.

Give me some random stuff to find that its so cool that i can show off to people.

Not really, you start at FP, must be at FP, always encounter wolves first, then bears, spiders fallen, then vampires… In that particular order

The point is not whether or not a new account achieves that, the point is to provide a different/dynamic STARTING experience (not late game, not ending one), a different STARTING one

So people that don’t have 50 hours can explore “what if” scenarios a bit more instead of being pigeonholed into whatever is “most efficient” possible

It’s also a good way to expand the gameplay without much work, because ? - things will always lack at lvl100, things won’t lack earlier on as long as that experience is non-repetitive, not sped-up for no particular reason (or for a bad reason), and actually joyful

Surely hope so :slight_smile:

yeah my phrasing was bad, and i misread some parts.

true ssf mode is probably way off, since the engine is made for group play. And forcing the game to open many more instances for all the solo players might not be that easy to realize for them.

But SF (no trading, but still be able to play with friends or use items on a different alt) should be a possibility right now akin to cof in LE

The horizontal mambo?

…have you seen Druids?
Necros are very skinny and super pasty, too.

But I suppose to each their own!

Exactly. Of course, further world tiers will appear, that’s for sure, but at the same time there should be content like the example of the bestiary system.
In my opinion, a fantastic system, beautifully presented in the form of a book. In which we unlock subsequent pages as we progress.

The second thing is to add a book with all your notes. Now can only be listened to once when found in the dungeon.

I don’t understand at all how having such a journal in Diablo III, with notes, but also entries about monsters etc. don’t put it in Diablo IV.

Another thing is achievements. There was a lot of this in Diablo III, and here in Diablo IV the number of challenges is extremely small. Even in Diablo Immortal, the challenges/achievements panel is much more extensive.

1 Like