Minion nec too OP so far?

Might be the way I’m building but i don’t find the pets all that useful. Right now their just meat shields that generate corpses for the explosions… which are quite strong. I don’t have the golem yet so perhaps that makes all the difference?

Almost all pet builds in games are broken at low levels and useless at high levels.

3 Likes

The D3 necro doesn’t even need to cast anything anymore.

Pet build?
You’re doing it wrong.

I actually found minion necro to be quite weak especially against bosses they die quite a lot I was not lucky enough to find any legendries to enhance my minion skills and I went to lvl 23. I was playing in party of 2-4 players at all times and I certainly did not feel op. I chose the masteries to make my minions stronger but not even that stopped them from being one shot from some of the bosses, I should imagine the world boss will 1 shot them too. If you ask me corpse explosion is the broken skill of Necro not minions.

1 Like

My minionmanver annihilates everything he comes across.
Golem is supremely underwhelming…and ugly

Agreed first boss I just let my 4 skeleboys surround him while I happily reaper scythed out of range.

I finally tried this blight/pet build someone recommended the first day I played, and they were right, it is easy mode. I have more extra minions now through gear which makes it even more faceroll, lol. I maxed dps and health for both types of minions. Now, I haven’t seen any of them actually die. Wherever I shoot blight, the enemies almost instantly die, though. There is a little time left for me to cast some decompose for the next blight. I like it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Try bone mages with +40% damage and the ult tier perk that improves Priest healing

Are you playing solo? try it in a party on veteran.

I’m playing on Veteran. What’s your point?

My point is when you are in a party its harder and the minions die which means they are not op. So many people saying oh they are so op when they are playing solo lol.

If I’m in a party, I don’t need minions, because I have a party, lol. But, I mostly prefer to play solo. They are op for how I play. My dudes will run off screen on veteran and kill entire packs of mobs without me even casting anything…I’m just like, “let’s go my dudes…this way, lol.”

Also, I don’t usually believe anyone unless I test it first, because I don’t trust people…since I don’t play with a group I can’t say your are right or wrong, but I suspect you are wrong.

well if giving feedback on the minion build I think its important to mention these details otherwise it just comes across as the build is op when it actually is not.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t believe you, but it’s not like I’m going to go find a group to test it.

1 Like

It’s okay I don’t care you proved everything in your comments.

Yes, so op. Butcher killed 7 minions in like 3 seconds. Last week people’s complained Sorc is op, then lvl 25 barb etc… Have you cleared north Stronghold? lvl30 one. Isnt that easy even with minions.

1 Like

I did not scale anything for pets either and they kinda hold up on bosses but mot malcony. The golem holds up awhile.

I’m not sure there is even a bad or non viable build that has pets for beta, tbh. Pets in general are just very good on lower difficulties because they don’t die (at least not faster than they can be replaced if you’ve got corpse generating abilities)

I tried shadow with sever and with blight, blood with nova, bone with spear… Heavy corpse explosion, even a mixed theme build that used half shadow (decompose/blight) with bone spirit as an rp dump. It all works fine. Thorns, no thorns, curses/no curses, corpse explosion or not… It literally all works because you have such a high floor with the pets out.

My overall preference has probably been resource generating skeles with bone spear nukes… Or shadow build with sacrificed melee skeles, shadow stun mages, decompose/blight, and shadow dot corpse explosion. You get a ton of stuns from your own shadow damage and you’re mages damage, while blight keeps them in range of the corpse explosion poison cloud. And you just kind of aoe dot everything down.

The skellies don’t feel OP. They just feel mindless. Like in higher difficulties I really don’t want them standing in poison puddles. They will get 1 shot. I was hoping for a bit better control of pets and a better command/priority interface. Really tired of people who like playing with pets being second class citizens.

I don’t have enigma either to get them unstuck.

1 Like