Metacritic reviews disabled

Which critics are you talking about? Plenty of critics are biased and can even be shadow-paid by people. I’d personally prefer basing my opinion on user scores as they have historically been more accurately representive of reality, as again, I’ve just checked a bunch of games I’ve played and their user score actually matched my opinion on the games.

1 Like

This is literally every online forum ever. I don’t understand how you are surprised by this. Old ladies on quilting Facebook groups viciously attack one another over their use of quilting patterns. Why would a gaming forum, with some of the most toxic dudebros on the internet, be any different?

That said, the game is absolute dog :poop: and it’s kind of hard to take anyone defending it seriously. If you think Diablo 4 is a good game you basically either have never played a really good game before and are simply inexperienced or you’re just a Blizzard shill. Alternatively, there’s always the possibility that you’re an internet troll or simply a contrarian that gets a kick out of arguing.

That enough ad hominems for you? Lol!

2 Likes

Thats how I feel about rotten tomatoes. I used to pay attention to what they said, and then they started hating movies I really enjoyed and so did audiences.

Metacritic is a automatic ignore on anything review wise.

And I’m still trying to puzzle out why it’s relevant. :thinking:

America, at the behest of the UN.

Who decides what is ‘malicious’ or genuine feedback? You? White knights who lap up whatever :poop: bliz offers them? Blizzard or anyone else with invested interest that the game is perceived well?

That sure would be convenient.

Mate i gave someone 2$ to dance for a 1 minute…

Those companies will literally give a b…as they demand

Wait… just so I don’t misunderstand what you’re saying… are you threatening suicide over a video game? And whose lives are we talking about? Players? Employees?

Pretty easy to spot the malicious feedback… it’s usually overly dramatic, threatening, and entitled. Doesn’t have to be called out by white knights (like that’s a pejorative that is insulting?)

If you can’t constructively communicate issues you perceive and have to resort to brigading with a bunch of other malcontents, then you really should lose your right to post anything on official forums.

Who are you to infer intent? Maybe it’s just emotionally charged.

The way feedback is conveyed doesn’t negate it’s inherent value though it can have an impact on it’s effective value / how it is received, say for example someone assumes malicious intent.

“Brigading” implies organisation, feel free to link us to the thread/whatever where this mass “review bombing” was orchestrated. This is clearly an organic response to something that has been received poorly. But perhaps you, like most other defenders around here, aren’t willing to admit that.

1 Like

I rated it a 4 on metacritic last week, as a live service it still has a potential to evolve past being average.

I can’t tell how much of the zero reviews are malicious though, definitely a lot of them are recent.

To be fair, if I was playing D4 and only did the campaign before quitting I’d give it a good review too.

Where D4 starts to fall apart is the end game.

Oh my God!
So you are saying that is not possible to hate vote anymore? I mean, do what you do here?
Just go play Farmville.

No sane person would be satisfied with the kind of patch we got, if you do then you’re an idiot and I’d bet 50 bucks you would eat a plate of spaghetti with :poop: all over it and say the spaghetti underneath is still good.

This patch atrociously lazy instead of improving other skills they decided to nerf everything effectively kicking sorc while it’s already weak, nuking barbarians damage and survivability from orbit making builds for those to classes extremely limited.

I didn’t mention other classes because sorc and barb were the only 2 classes I was invested in and wanted to play this patch ensured that I wouldn’t.

Just downloaded BG3 and will be going back LE and Poe when we get the new League.

1 Like

What do you mean? It’s still there, sitting at 2.4.
http s://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-iv/user-reviews

Exactly, playerbase gave blizzard credit, and waited 1.1 patch.

But me logged 10min post 1.1 into my metacritic account, which I didn’t use in years, and wrote 0 point review as one of the first 10 review post patch.

At that time, userscore were 5.5.

Now it is 2.4.

100% sure, wit a good 1.1 patch, they could be on 7.5-8.5 user score.

Applauding people for stopping others from being able to voice their opinion…wonder what that sounds like. People are allowed to dislike something that you happen to like and allowed to say so. That is just part of life.

2 Likes

They were not hero on patch day, they were 5.5 in user score, before they released 1.1 patch.

Rest is simply a fight between Blizzard design Philosophie that diablo 4 has to be a “souls like” and community, who paied 100dollar for a action-rpg.

I wrote off Metacritic years ago based on an incident with the Baldur’s Gate EE expansion Siege of Dragonspear. Somehow, this niche add-on to a two decade old game was getting exponentially more reviews than the Far Harbor DLC for Fallout 4.

Why?? Because a VENDOR was transgender (something Ed Greenwood himself has stated exists in the Realms, and is, indeed, the main plot arc for the Red Wizard Edwin in the original BG2). And I swear on everything holy, 90% of those reviewers couldn’t have explained what THACO is with a gun to their head.

The game got false advertisement as “action-rpg” and is now patched into a souls like.

If player pay 100dollar on a product, they want to play the product of the advertisement.

If I want to pay 100dollar on a souls like, I buy a souls like.

0/10 is a valid rating, when a game completely fails to deliver the promise.