Metacritic reviews disabled

Just for the record, D4 pc is sitting at a meta user score of 2.2. Now that is impressive!

If the game isnā€™t worth playing to me at this time, then what is the issue with the rating? Itā€™s an absolute thumbs down.

I could deal with bugs or balance issues. I canā€™t deal with being so bored Iā€™d rather not play. You see the difference?

Itā€™s a live service game. If they can patch it and make huge changes on the fly, I can also change my rating on the fly. Itā€™s live rating. Iā€™ll gladly change it when the game is decent.

The issue is, on a scale of 1 to 10, what does a 1 represent to people are level headed and trying to be objectively critical?

Now compare that to a 1 when they are angry.

What does a 10/10 say? 9/10?

What does an average score of 2.2/10 say? It says that the majority of players do not enjoy the game.

Most people can see right through this mess. You are underestimating the player baseā€™s ability to think.

It was hilarious, how they managed to block the metacritic reviews thinking that S1 will bring the rating back up, now thatā€™s up again 2.2 user score which is what matters, and yet we still have people in complete denial that the game is fine infact its doing great!
I called it that in 2 weeks S1 would be dead in the water, im ngl i want this game to succeed but at the moment i see no point in playing the game unfortunately, and in a unforeseeable futureā€¦

When some of the peasants act like petulant children, yeah, no one cares about the opinions of a couple scriptkiddies and their ability to spam a couple thousand user reviews on metacritic

The fact that you think the game is worth a 0.

That means there is absolutely nothing good about the game at all. That means itā€™s worse than games like Ride to Hell: Retribution. The graphics? Trash, the music? Trash, the campaign story? Trash. Everything about the game? Completely irredeemable trash.

And to be perfectly blunt, you know none of that is true. Even the most biased of critics that can be skewed against a product will give it points for what it does right, even if the flaws in the product ultimately ruin the experience for them.

Youā€™re part of the problem.

1 Like

brown tinged garbage, too zoomed in, uninspired skills, ugly toons and outfits? yeah, trash

No doubt.

Couldnā€™t have said it better.

Now you are starting to catch on! Bravo.

Apparently reading isnā€™t your strongest suite, so Iā€™ll quote myself:

The only way they can fix this spaghetti code mess is to completely bomb it and make a new game.

Right, so all youā€™ve proven to me is that youā€™re an absolute tool whoā€™s opinion isnā€™t worth the time it took to read it.

But hey, good job being that horrible of a human, that takes effort. Musk would be proud you surpassed him.

1 Like

Hey, donā€™t take my word for it. You donā€™t even know if I submitted a review for it.

Take the word of the other 5,655 individuals that rated this game negatively.

Do you really think itā€™d be rated so poorly if it was good? It was already sitting at 5.0/10 since itā€™s launch. People waited for this highly anticipated season/patch to decide whether to stay or leave.

They chose to leave.

Letā€™s seeā€¦ My personal 1 - 10 system looks something like this:

10 - Ground Breaking on so many levels. Will shape the future of games for years to come
9 - Game of the Year
8 - Great game
7 - Very Good game
6 - Pretty Good game
5 - Game
4 - Unenjoyable
3 - Looks like game but feels like chores
2 - Bad Elementary school project
1 - Is this even considered a video game? / I canā€™t even tell what is going on

Can someone fill me in on how the player base that rated Diablo on metacritc uses a 1 - 10 system?

Considering itā€™s sitting at 2.2, I find this chart reasonable then. You can see posts on this forum saying the game feels like a chore.

If you change that ā€œBad Elementary school projectā€ to ā€œRookie developers project with a small budgetā€, BINGO!!

It is in the right spot.

Donā€™t change my words. Use your own if you want to say that.

And even if the users thought the game was a 3, then they would have given it a 3. But they didnā€™t. They gave it a 1. Why did they do that?

Because one cannot be bothered to play it. Is that hard to understand? If the game is so bad that players donā€™t even want to login, then that means it must be severely deficient in multiple aspects.

Isnā€™t it strange that only bad games get bad ratings? People claimed Zelda:ToTK was review bombedā€¦ itā€™s sitting at a cool 8.5/10. I guess they think it should be rated even higher!

Uhhmā€¦ I did? Is this some kind of weird passive aggressive white knight behavior now?

There was no passive to this, it was a direct response. But your response was sus, probably actually passive aggressive.

All Iā€™m saying is that a 1 - 10 system should be objective and critical. Using 1 as a tool to say this game upset me, completely dumps on that system. The player base is saying ā€œIā€™m so mad at this game, we donā€™t care about the system, we do what we want.ā€

Itā€™s the closest thing internet gamers have to a smash and grab in the store. And at the same time, guys like you are ā€˜white knightingā€™ this behavior and saying its okay to misuse the system as long as it is justified by our anger.

Like with youtube downvotes!

A few too many poor adverts that was massively downvoted aaaaand downvotes were removed.

You are getting too hung up on this metacritic user score. If itā€™s not a big deal, then why bother discussing it? If it is a big deal, then maybe it will wake these devs up and make them FIX THIS GAME. Since you are hung up on scores though:

Diablo 2 - 8.8/10 - It is a game that is regarded by many as the golden standard of the modern ARPG genre https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-ii

Diablo 3 - 4.2/10 - It is a game that was not well received at launch; many people disliked the direction it went. The game nowadays should be rated more like 6-7/10, but I donā€™t get my undies in a bunch over a rating: https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-iii

Diablo:Immoral - 0.3/10 - A P2W mobile game ported to other platforms; widely disliked by the community

D:4 - you already know the story here.

FF16 - 8.2/10 - well received game adored by fans https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-5/final-fantasy-xvi

Do you see a trend?

Itā€™s not ā€œIā€™m so mad at this gameā€ or whatever you think. The game is so bad that people canā€™t be bothered to open it. I would gladly receive a refund on it.

Why bother attacking me on just this one thread? You should go into every other thread (thereā€™s hundreds) and tell these people they are disingenuous.

You say as youā€™re cherry picking metacritic user scores.

But fine, Iā€™ll leave you alone.

I cherry picked scores? What is cherry picking when I chose other Diablo games, and one other game released in the same season/year as this one? That is quite a line to draw in the sand. Youā€™ve got blinders on because for whatever reason, you want to defend this half-baked release instead of demanding it is fixed.

I bid you adieu.

Witcher 3 is a 10/10.
If not an 11/10.