May 2nd Developer Update Livestream Q&A

Hey, Do you plan on fixing the Group share of Pit Materials. On the PTR you got 1/5 of the Materials you would get when doing a solo Pit compared to playing in Group. Even if you opned the Pit in the Group you got less then half the Materials compared to Solo.

A lot of minion paragon nodes and glyphs no longer appear to really offer much use (minion resistances and armour along with additive bonuses being quite weak now), do you have any plans on addressing this in season 4?

With the loss of many damage mitigation options are we to expect a lot more one shot mechanics in the end game? These are not fun, if you can never out gear them.

Will we see improvements to items like Temerity? losing the ability to get +4 to mages/golem/warrior minions for example, along with good item mods and a legendary aspect is a lot to lose for the barrier option. Aspects slots are already tight for summon necros with a 2hand scythe.

1 Like

Since level 200 Ubers cost 5x materials to summer, does their uber drop % is also increased at least 5x?

2 Likes

I want to know, what is going to happen to existing aspects that have been extracted and are in our stash or inventory?

1 Like

The CM has answerd this question some time ago. They will all be transferd into the new codex of power.

2 Likes

I did test this by buying some shop items. They unfortunately don’t fill those “lock” slots. The battlepass items don’t seem to fill them either. Also, there are a bunch of transmogs in the game that simply can’t drop or be obtained for whatever reason. I made a thread fully detailing and listing all of the ones believed to be unobtainable:

2 Likes

Hello Blizzard.
I know many features people are asking for may come within the future expansions due the complexity to implement them.

3 requests for now that can be implemented during a season if you want to:

1. All classes should have the same number of gear slots as the barbarian.

2. All fine with meta builds and its cool find out how to build them but put an end to any one shot kill everything build. Its frustrating wait some time for a world boss spawn and the fight lasts 5 seconds. (PS. I play barb too). Its not fun and not good for the game. World bosses should be hard and never soloable. Take WOW World Bosses as example of good implementation.

3. One shot killed by mobs in NMD. All fine with that since we can map what mob types can one shot kill. The annoying thing is get one shot killed by a mob that´s outside the screen, you even know he is there and you have zero chance of defense. Its not fun and not good for the game at all. Please, fix it !

Hard to come up with questions that won’t be answered in the live stream coming up, so really we can only ask about the future.

1. With the itemization rework mostly out of the way, what is the next big project you will be working on to improve the game overall? Ex. Skills, Paragon, Dungeons, End-Game Systems, etc. Unless the expansion touches on some of these of course.

2. Any QoL in the works you could share with us? Doesn’t have to be concrete, we just want to hear your ideas.

3. What specific aspects of player feedback from the PTR have influenced the development team’s decisions the most, and how do they envision these changes improving the overall player experience in Diablo 4?

4. Can you provide insight into the decision-making process behind the adjustments made to the itemization system, and how the team balanced player feedback with the overarching design goals for Diablo 4?
5 Likes

-Can you reveal what damages are multiplicative?

-The critical and vulnerable still work in that combined way that is not 100% multiplicative?

-Any plans to reveal the casting speed of each Skill, or approximate DPS?

I would love to have more information and not have to guess what is best for my build.

Thank you very much in advance.

when will they add a wardrobe for quick changing??
why didn’t they make a filter in the recipes tab??
If there is no seasonal theme, then why do we need your stream?

Regarding rogue core augments, what is meant by “Twisting Blades effect”? The wording here is as ambiguous as it can be.

when are we getting the closet? where we can swap skill/gear instantly like d3?

1 Like
  1. Will there ever be longer side quests that provide special rewards. 2. will there be any future use for reknown other that the once and done handout of points.

Will the gauntlet be in season 4?

• When we will see more skill tree “branches”

• Are any thoughts to make ultimate skills have a dedicated button as a 7th skill

• We will get any major change at mechs before expansion

• With what change of itemization the devs are “happiest” with?

2 Likes

amazing changes coming to d4 and a huge step in the right direction

questions

will we have a leaderboard in the pit like d3? grifts were the best part of d3 and gauntlet doesnt capture it

will devs address the exploits faster in gauntlet? people hide their profile just to hide the exploit they found. in d3 if you wanted to compete everyone could see what you did to accomplish your feat of strength and I think thats needed in d4

what are the plans to address the boring mat farm to chase uber items? Can we have higher drop chance doing ubers solo instead of needed 3 other people for rotas?

2 Likes

Will we be able to Imprint Legacy items with new legendary aspects after May 14 patch?

2 Likes

Visual on loot on ground for items with greater affixes.

3 Likes

already in the patch notes from yesterday : “Items with Greater Affixes drop with a distinct audio cue, alerting you to their presence, and have a unique icon both in the world and within your inventory.”

Primary question - Any plans to introduce runes?

A rune tree would be useful to help elevate the bloat of aspects and to change how skills look and act but cant add direct damage to skills. Instead their interactions add damage. A skill tree with multiple branches of 5 runes attached to each skill. Each node activates a seperate After paragons are unlocked you could get rune points to activate runes attached to each and every skill (active,passive,ultimate, and key passives). Key passives can be limited to 3.

I.E. barbarian charge
Just one branch
Node 1 - Thorn Charge / charge deals no damage but applies 1000% thorn damage and 2000% damage to the last monster hit.
Node 2 - Thorn damage is now applied direct damage.(Can crit and op)
Node 3 - Thorns damage is applied to all monsters within a certain yardage each instance it’s applied.
Node 4 - After charge hits its last monster it ricochets 3 more times.
Node 5 - Each monster ricochet to acts as a final monster.

Each skill can add new branches over time too to limit aspect bloat

Secondary question - can we improve glyphs to push higher and also help with what will become aspect bloat

Example

1 Like