May 2nd Developer Update Livestream Q&A

Greetings, Wanderers!

We are gathering questions for the Q&A portion of our upcoming Developer Update Livestream on May 2nd. Please post your questions here so that we can get some of them in front of the team during the show.

Please note: We will not be able to answer all of the questions posted, and we gather them from multiple sources throughout the stream. We try to select questions that have been brought up by multiple users, so even if you don’t get the shoutout, be sure to keep an eye and ear out for the answers!

To keep the thread orderly, and make it easy for us to gather questions, please only make one post per person, and add all of your questions to the same post. Feel free to edit your post if you need to add more.

Feedback, off-topic, or other unrelated posts will be removed from this thread.

12 Likes

Thank you :+1:

1. What was the most important thing that you learned from the PTR?
  2. Can you confirm that the VoH expansion is still on track to launch late 2024.
  3. When will you talk more about the expansion and the new class?
  4. Will S4 run for 3 full months or will it be cut short because of the PTR?
17 Likes

When are you adding Pets to the game like in D3? Thanks

asking the real questions

16 Likes

Any plans to add leaderboards like just over all highest/fastest clear and possibly class leaderboards to The Pits?

13 Likes

Can we expect set items and runes before the expansion is released?

7 Likes

Will the campaign be replayable this season? For how much effort and story packed Diablo 4 is, it’s wild to me that we can’t replay the story.

Also, will you allow us to play the story on a harder difficulty without the EXP boost? The best part about Diablo 2, well really ARPGs, is that they get harder as you play without speeding up leveling. I want the game to be harder without the EXP boosts at the same time.

2 Likes

Is there any chance that the uber uniques will drop more often in season 4? The drop rates in season 3 has been very very low.

4 Likes
  1. Any plans to make Pit scale quasi infinitely? Important: Without giving the player access to infinite scaling.

2. Any update on Armory/Loadouts? With more activities in the game, this becomes more and more relevant.

3. Any plans to add multiple goblin types like in D3 and have them drop a variety of loot/mats?

16 Likes

When you’re going to add the rebirth feature from Diablo III?

It’s very awkward delete my duplicated characters every season.

Thanks and keep the great work!

12 Likes

Will there be any drops this time around? Or Support a Creator programs?

will there be cross faction, and cross server crafting orders - as someone that maxed out crafting early on putting millions into getting materials, there was almost no interest in engaging with crafting orders or any way to “be a crafter” like was the original pitch on my realm due to being on a smaller server.

Don’t mistake my critic for ranting, I loved the profession rework - but being on a dead server closed off so much from me in that aspect… long long story short, how will you address low pop connected realms with the crafting side of things.

thanks!

1 Like

Is there any news about the group finder? There are tons of events in the outworld of D4 that for certain classes are kinda impossible to do Solo.

7 Likes

Any update on Armory/Loadouts?
Group finder when ?
Are you guys going to expand the skilltree?
Any plans to add leaderboards to the Pit ?
Any plans to improve cellars?

9 Likes

Hy @dev Team! My question is about have u any plans to make Socials in d4 like Clans(Usefull) or a Group Finder? And will be a auctionhouse or somethiung what can make tradeing kind of intressting in d4.

9 Likes

With trading limitations on items being lifted in S4, are there any plans for the future of an auction house or item listing function outside of trade chat?

11 Likes

Hi,

will there be or are there any plans for an endless levling system like in D3 or a higher capped leveling system being completly unique for D4 ?

6 Likes

EDIT: Let’s talk about Obols and what needs to happen with them moving forward and I encourage the Devs to get ahead of the curve and FIX the magically, mysteriously disappearing Obols and code them to be proper “Special Currency” BEFORE Player feedback and bug reports pile in about how they “Just Disappear all the time!!1!”.

• OBOLS
    My Request and plea:
    Can Obols please be coded to be a “Special Currency” or function similar to Legendary items where they persist for a time.

Currently we’re capped at 1k Obols(I’m not asking for a higher Cap though, it wouldn’t be bad, I don’t see it fixing anything).
My Reasoning and experience:
The PROBLEM with OBOLS: They are NOT Treated like a “Special Currency”. Certainly not like a Legendary Currency.
If a Player walks a literal smidge from where Obols dropped and they’re off-screen for a second - the Quantity eg. 75 can and often will randomly drop to 65, 43, 22, 5.
WHY!?!
IF I complete a task/Random Quest/Legion Event and “Uh OH! I’m Full of Obols!” - TP to town, quick Gamble and return - 30-40 seconds TOPS - Sometimes ALL OBOLS will disappear or there’ll be a significantly reduced amount(that is if there’s any at all because we were re-sharded to a different Legion Event and all Obols are often gone!)

Season 4 - Obols have been included as part of the Seasonal Blessings:

Smoldering Ashes earned from the Free Tiers can be spent on Season Blessings that provide helpful bonuses to beat back Hell’s armies. There are three new Blessings for Season 4: Loot Reborn:

• Urn of Burning Obols: Boost the amount of Obols you can find in Helltide chests, which contain Obols during this season.

The GOOD: Targeted Loot Source - no complaints here.

• The BAD: I predict a lot of people to notice this and be upset that this special non-special currency is vanishing if they so much as step away slightly too far for a moment due to combat or having to TP and upon returning they “Lost” some, many or all their Obols. Which with the Helltide Reoaded/Rework and the fact that Obols are dropping from Helltide Chests - Yes I predict Players will notice this.

QOL Questions & Requests
Any plans to…the following:

1. Waypoints: Fast travel WayPoint options
  • “Set Home Waypoint”
  • Assign Waypoint(s) to Emote Wheel
  • Add Waypoint to Whisper Completion Bar(example as seen here: https://imgur.com/a/cfa568N)

2. Greater Affix Icons/Tags/Labels on items ( I, II, III, IV ) for Stash and Inventory management.

• I hope it’s something we’ll see revealed at the next Campfire Chat, but I’m asking here just in case - asking for ICONS vs slight color/border changes…please!
    (example as seen here: https://imgur.com/58C48yI

YOU ADDED THIS!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH. This was a very big deal to me!!!
  • Also On-Drop distinguishing characteristics? Item bar less translucent, different color~bolder, minmap icon, pronounced and/or different beam etc?
  1. Nightmare Dungeons and Whisper Dungeons
  • Any chance/plans of adding a NMD icon to Whisper Dungeons(or a discreet icon to all ‘active’ NMDs) for easy identification of said Dungeon overlap?
    (example as seen here: https://imgur.com/a/IHAoN89
  1. Salvage Button for Inventory (as seen here: https://imgur.com/GTcclCb
  • Minor request but since Rares are effectively rendered useless(for the time being?) with upcoming changes - having a way to quickly salvage White/Blue/Yellow items on the fly would be a nice perk, less trips to town etc.
6 Likes
  1. Regarding Helltides, they’re something I and likely most others avoid if there is hardly any time left because of the loss of cinders on helltide resets. And it’s super irritating to get almost enough cinders to open a chest but then the timer makes them all go poof and my effort is wasted. Would you be willing to let us roll cinders over since we can’t “bank” extra chests as those are finite in each helltide session? We wouldn’t mind the cinder loss on death so much if we could keep them for future helltides.

2. For things like combo points on the rogue, it gets tedious having to look down at my HUD to see my points. Could we perhaps get an option to show these and potentially other effects over our character’s head (i.e. a version of WoW’s spell alert system)?

3. Are there any plans to make the HUD clickthrough (chat as well)? Accidentally clicking buttons on the UI or having tooltips fly out in combat is…frustrating.

4. Can we pleeeeeeeeeeeeease get an option to disable the cursor changing to a sword when holding down the force stand still keybind? In all of the visual effects going off, the cursor gets lost way too easily when it’s a tiny and thin sword.

5. Could we please get a bind option for teleport to Tree of Whispers added to the emote wheel? We do this often enough that dragging the map constantly to get to it has become rather irksome. Alternatively, perhaps the huge whisper bar pane (the entire area of said pane) could get a “click to teleport” effect on the world map screen.

6. Same as #5 but this time a emote wheel bind for reset dungeon. :slight_smile:

7. Would it be possible to make the world boss and legion event timers on the world map more useful wherein you click them and it auto-scrolls the map to show you the location of said event? It’d sure beat having to visually sift through the noise on the map all the time.

8. Could we get a helltide timer on the map screen as well to show remaining time? This way we don’t have to hover over the helltide icon to see the remaining time when we’re not in a helltide zone.

9. Are there any plans to address the issue wherein once we have a native legendary in a given item slot virtually all rares are instantly worthless because they can’t spawn with >2 affixes innately? Perhaps make the rare spawn a random additional affix when imprinting an aspect to it to make them useful again while having randomness to keep the loot hunt alive?

10. For color picking options in the preferences, could we get the option to have R/G/B sliders instead of or in addition to the color picker wheel? That makes it much easier to get the color we want in many cases.

11. Could we possibly get keyboard navigation on the character select screen?

12. The constant popups (quest/whisper complete, event start/complete, etc.) are rather large. Is there any chance we could get these made more compact and moved to a part of the screen that isn’t directly in the way of combat?

13. On the PTR, the “All items” button for salvaging nuked everything, including uniques and legendaries. Could we get a toggle or option to keep it the way it is now by having an option that sets an upper threshold for that button so we can decide how that function works best for us?

14. When on a mount and entering a new shard, area, or zone, our horse is more often than not literally stopped and bounces backward and can’t move for a couple seconds. Likewise, when initially mounting the horse slides around like it’s on ice and ignores movement input, acting like there’s a drunk at the controls. Are there any plans to address this constant breaking of immersion?

15. Will we ever get a HUD edit mode akin to WoW’s edit mode so we can customize which items are shown, the scaling, and location onscreen? If this is considered, would it also be made such that we can mix and match console and PC UI elements (e.g. like having a D3 console style character portrait and resource indicator setup with some of the PC UI elements mixed in)?

@Lyricana: To make the posts easier to read, anyone using a 1), 2), etc. list scheme like I did should add a <br> in between each entry. That will insert a line break in between each list item. Perhaps you could edit your post to include that tip (and for future question threads!)

@MageCraft: You should edit your original post with the info from your post below this one and delete the second post you made - we’re only supposed to have one post per person in this thread.

11 Likes

hi are there any plans for the future of an auction house ?

8 Likes