Major Lags and Rubber Banding on PC

Ok, on this first test. You can see where your ISP is blocking a bit of the traffic or having trouble passing it through. I bolded the parts that I’m referring to. The 8-16% loss is pretty bad, especially for playing games.

This second one shows us the latency of your connection, and that looks very good to your ISP for the most part.

But its clear why you are seeing problems. The WinMTR does see issues as it passes D4 traffic through your ISP.

This has been happening across several ISPs as I have been running these tests.

My theory (and so far its still JUST a theory) is that the ISP systems may be blocking the traffic because something about it they don’t like.

We already have issues with the game traffic causing some people issues with their personal internet hardware, like routers and modems. It makes sense to me that even the ISPs could be having issues.

So while it may mean there might not be a problem at the server, it could be related to how the game and the server talk to each other, and some stuff along the way just doesn’t like it.

This is why I want to get as many of these done as I can. So thanks for running these! And hang in there!

3 Likes