[Main Thread] Xbox - No Valid License error

Hey all,

We’ve had a number of players on xbox contact us about being unable to play with a “No Valid License” error. The overwhelming majority of these are from players who do not own the Digital Deluxe or Ultimate Editions on their account.

If you’re trying to use game share, please review this thread from our community manager PezRadar for instructions. Note that the license restriction for gameshare will go away once Early Access is over, and you shouldn’t receive this error anymore after the full release (while using game share.)

1 Like

Why can’t this just be remedied? I have gameshared hundreds of pre-releases, this was clearly something done with intention by Blizzard.

5 Likes

I joined the game purchaser yesterday and started a character, and now it won’t let me play that character. Wants me to make a new one why?

1 Like

So i purchased the Ultimate Edition, played yesterday and today. Decided to link my Microsoft account and now im getting the no license error. Is there a fix for this yet?

9 Likes

I am unsure if I am game sharing. I am only trying login. I am unsure why this happening with the license issue. Can someone please give me some tips that might work?

1 Like

Hey at least you didn’t screw em as hard as you did PS5 players :slight_smile:

2 Likes

huge issue - bought the deluxe game on xbox, played for a little then connected my BattleNet account to my xbox. now I can’t access the game since I didn’t buy the game through my blizzard account. are you guys seriously going to make me buy the game twice?

7 Likes

have the same exact issue

1 Like

rn you can not even buy twice. I bought on xbox thinking I could also play on pc, but no, than I refunded on xbox and now I can not buy on pc…

2 Likes

what a joke. blizzard you guys need to fix this ASAP

3 Likes

Nonsense, I own the game. I just have it on my Xbox. Why can’t I access it after linking to my BattleNet account?

12 Likes

Purchased the game last night and played, i’m not sharing the game with anyone and i keep getting the invalid license error? Paid extra money to play early and yeah…

4 Likes

Having this issue AFTER linking Xbox to battle.net. I was able to play fine up until that point. So, this isn’t an issue with the wrong edition.

8 Likes

I have this same issue. I played last night and this morning. decided to link my xbox to battlenet. now i cannot play…

7 Likes

I bought and played the game on my xbox. linked my xbox to PC Battlenet and now cannot play. this needs to be fixed.

2 Likes

hopefully this is a common enough issue that they fix this ASAP but Diablo launches are notoriously known to be disasters

1 Like

I bought the ultimate edition on Xbox played last night, then linked it to my Battlenet and now I can’t play the game that I dropped 100$ for smh a whole day of early access gameplay gone, I even took 4 days off work for this.

4 Likes

yeah it sucks cause I tried unlinking my xbox to my bnet account but now it just forces you to login into a bnet account on the console whenever I start up the game

3 Likes

im feeling your pain friend. I submitted a help ticket to Blizz support. hopefully we hear some feedback soon

1 Like