[Main Thread] Xbox - No Valid License error

god speed! keep us posted

1 Like

Absolutely a failure. I as with many many others here purchased the Ultimate Edition only to be met with this license error after being forced to link my Microsoft account to my battle.net account. There needs to be a remedy for this. It reeks of the Diablo 3 launch.

3 Likes

hello, I bought the ultimate version of diablo 4 in my main account, but when I go to log in, I get this same license error …

1 Like

Thanks for the update. Not what I was hoping to hear but at least it will work on the 6th.

2 Likes

I pre-ordered digital deluxe. It says the servers are not active when I try to log in on my XBox series S.

Got a solution?

1 Like

This isn’t just people that have game shared, i was able to play until I linked my battle.net account to my Xbox. Its something to do with battle.net because multiple people including me only had the error after we linked our accounts together

4 Likes

Same issue here. This is ridiculous as early access was the ONLY reason I shelled out the extra money for the deluxe version.

All these is exactly what happened. Got off work booted up played all morning. In the afternoon I linked my psn account and been the error for 11 hours now. Got the cheap pack got another game got my game refunded and got another ultimate edition cleared the cache out still same error

I have not gameshared at all. I downloaded the game played at 7:00pm yesterday played for a couple hours then got off. Jumped back on about 2 hours later and I got the error message. “ Unable to Find Valid License for Diablo IV”. I have been anticipating this game since I heard it was getting launched and ordered the ultimate version and now I can’t play. It’s very upsetting to see friends and other people post how much fun they are having and we can’t play. I see all these patches and updates coming out yet some of use still can’t play. That’s not right at all!

2 Likes

I fixed my problem, this may work for you as well.

Tl;Dr - I relinked my console to its previous battlenet account.

When playing D4 this morning I unknowingly linked my xbox to a newer Battlenet account that I had been using strictly for PC Gaming.

At some point in the past i must have made an alternate BattleNet Account. (perhaps for D2R or MW / Mw2). My xbox has been using this battlnet account automatically for D2R and other games. I discovered this when i realized i had not only lost D4 early access but i had also lost all of my D2r characters. This led me to realize that I may have an older Battlenet account

I attempted to log into Battlenet on my PC until I found an old unused account (from an old email address) that I must have been using on Console for years. I unlinked my console from the BN account that i linked to today, and relinked it to the old Battlenet account.

All of my D2R characters have been restored as well as my access to D4 Early access.

Hope this helps you as well!

look below. I posted a possible solution

check out one of my other replies. you may be like me and accident had more than one Bnet account

Most of us only have ever had one Battle.net account so this doesn’t really help

1 Like

Says there will b a 365 day cooldown if I disconnect. Also when I repurchased the ultimate edition again my Battle.net and psn account was already synced and active

1 Like

there is a year cooldown before you can link a new account to that battlenet. in my case i was linking my console to an entirely diff battlnet account. my situation may be too unique to do any good

well damn. sorry friend. i was hoping my situation was close enough to others to potentially help.

Hope for some players they fix this fast. I’ll be calling for a second refund and call it a day. The whole point was to have those extra days to relax and enjoy it

2 Likes

Same issue for me after linking my battlenet account. the game was working fine before that. any update, with anyone with similar issues?

3 Likes

Gonna pile on to the group of people who are not game sharing and are using the account they used to purchase the deluxe/ultimate edition, but can’t access the game because they linked their battle.net account to their Xbox account. Clearly someone didn’t think the logic through very well when deciding how to check for licenses. I played today and last night, but once I linked accounts I lost access. This needs to be fixed ASAP. I tried unlinking accounts and that doesn’t work. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Reset Xbox. Cleared local data. Nothing works.

4 Likes

Same issue with being locked out after linking battlenet account. Can’t even put in a support ticket to address the issue. You guys are quickly losing faith with many customers. I’m like 1 hour away from requesting a full refund.

3 Likes