[Main Thread] Unable to purchase/download on PC after purchasing Deluxe edition on Console - June 2023

Also have the same issue.

Same issue here, want to play with my kids. bummer no 4 player couch coop. PC/xbox was the solution in my head and that doesn’t even work.

Same issue here. First bought on XBOX, now not able to buy on pc…

Same thing here. Bought Ultimate on PS5, and can’t buy it on PC since it is already in library. Several blank purchases in my transaction history from yesterday.

Same here, bought on Xbox and now can’t buy on PC. I opened a ticket so we’ll see what happens.

Hey all, thanks for the reports!

The devs got some feedback on this last night while we blue posters were out of office and some people are checking it out. Basically, it looks like owning the game on Console is messing with your ability to buy it from Battle.net on PC. It’ll take a fix on our end to get it handled most likely.

No updates to share just yet, but we’ll let you know once we hear more info on the purchase issues.

6 Likes

Okay, I am wondering if thats the confusion. I am fine to buy it on Battlenet also, I just do not have the option to because it says “In Library” so there is no purchase option (Anywhere (even storefront)). I guess it was never made clear by Bliz that the EA would only be available on the platform you purchased Ultimate on. Otherwise, I would have bought it on PC first haha.

Yeah you can only get EA on one platform. I am not sure where in the fine print that is, but it is there.

The cosmetic rewards for the Ultimate edition are cross Bnet, but the EA is platform locked.

Yea this is the issue, I am fine purchasing it on both xbox and PC, however battle.net app and website thinks I already own it due to me linking my account on XBOX, the EA argument on one platform doesn’t make sense, it should be the same account and function as “cross-save/cross-progression”

I have tried the following:

1. disconnected xbox account from battle.net account. This prompted me to re-assign an account on xbox (I didn’t yet) but it still shows as in my library on PC

2. I made a dummy account and purchased diablo4 on PC to get it installed to see if that would “wake up” battle.net after I re-logged into my original account. This didn’t do anything either, refunded on the dummy account.

CS is aware of the issue with purchasing on PC after having it on Console. I am not sure when or what they will be doing, but they are looking into it.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that the devs are aware of the issue. I was surprised to see that the option to buy the game on PC was disabled after linking my xbox purchase to my account. D3 didn’t require the account link with xbox, and I’ve purchased it on both platforms without any problems.

On a side note, I was happy that during the betas my pre-order on xbox gave me access on PC as well. I took advantage of it to test cross-play and cross-progression and it was marvelous. Fully intended to buy it on both platforms because of this.

I have two ‘phantom’ transactions in my transaction history, both from June 1. They’re both missing info: Purchase column is blank, Total is ‘N/A’, and Status is Complete. The details page for both is nearly empty. Payment method ‘Unkown’ and Price, Tax, and Total all read ‘XXX0’.

Since someone above mentioned a similar issue, I wonder if it would just be a matter of removing the transactions from the account (assuming they aren’t somehow required as part of linking my xbox purchase to my battle.net account)?

1 Like

Any update on an ETA for this ?

2 Likes

I have 6 N/A transactions from june 1

I found a way to bypass/fix this. If you already own the Ultimate or Digital you can simply buy the Regular PC edition and it allows you to download and install. Can confirm it does bypass the early access and I was able to start playing today.

Edit: I previously own the PS5 ultimate edition.

How did you buy the “Regular PC edition”? It won’t let me as I own the digital edition on PS5 so could only buy the Ultimate edition.

Please fix this soon, I have had to do the humane thing of letting the wife have the TV in the lounge where my Series X is, thought I will just buy it on PC also, and obviously can’t like you all. @onlymercy how did you manage to buy the Standard Version, my Battle.Net store just says in Library for all?

Same issue here, bought on Xbox. Unable to purchase on PC.

Since I already own Ultimate on Xbox… would I be good to just buy standard and still have early access and other features? More details needed here.

The issue is there is no option to Buy the PC version for any of us on Battle.net or the website.

Did you buy the standard edition on console? If so this might not work, on console I only purchased the Digital Edition and then upgraded.

I bought it from here: Diablo® IV - Diablo® IV | Battle.net clicked on the standard edition and chose the ‘pre-purchase’ option, the next page allowed me to buy it where as the digital and ultimate said i already owned it.