[Main Thread] Texture quality can only go to medium

Hey all, I used to have a 3080TI, I can confirm D4 did destroy my card, Whether it be the games fault or the manufacturer it was under warranty and I am seeking to return it currently… still kind of messed up blizzard.

Hey just out of curiosity, did you have your framerate capped under “Max Framerate” in the NVidia control panel?

So let me get this straight, the game IS actually ruining cards. Do we know what is causing it?

I have a Asus Radeon RX 6750 XT Dual OC stuck on medium textures Looks super bad

Hey all,

I was in one of the first batches of 3080ti failures.

Few things here:

I have 32gb ram and a platinum cert 1300w seasonic power supply. For me it was nothing to do with those. D4 was using around 20gb of ram and most of the available vram.

First crash was on high settings and textures without dlss @ 1440p. Frames also capped in Nvidia control panel at 120.

I dumped the settings to medium and put dlss on quality after that. The second crash happend in town with inventory panel open.

For science I took my 6600xt from my HTPC and slammed it into the same system that the 3080ti bricked on. I was able to get to level 24 in 2 play sessions with zero crashing and a stable 60 FPS @ 1440p all medium settings. The game actually runs and looks better than on my 3080ti. Even looking at it next to my wife’s PC with an Asus 3080ti, it just looks a little better and runs smoother!

Of course these settings are less, but the 3080ti is a massively more powerful card than the 6600xt.

I was unaware of recalls with the 3080 cards. I contacted Gigabyte and they want the card back for inspection/repair.

I don’t want to “blame” D4, but I’ve been playing a ton of games over the last 2 years with the card and no issues. Hard to imagine D4 would be harder on a card vs Cyberpunk and Red Dead 2.

I love these games. My friends and I played D1 to death, I think we killed Archbishop Lazurus a thousand times, (just to get the damn rainbow cloak!) I’m not a blizz hater or massive fan boy, but there are too many cases to ignore.

That said, I appreciate the blue response and hope they get this resolved and gigabyte repairs or replaces my card!

1 Like

Hey, here is the link for the debug logs on crash.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d4/t/collecting-crash-logs-for-troubleshooting/35

same issue : only low or medium texture quality option

Running I5-11400F
Nvidia RTX 3060 - 12 Go
Ram 16 Go

To people blaming the game for bricking your cards:
It’s never the developer’s fault that there are bad GPUs on the market. The same thing happened (with the same GPUs actually) when New World launched. Good thing is, Gigabyte and other manufacturers RMA’ed all faulty cards, so instead of fuming here just write to your GPU company, maybe link this topic and wait for a new GPU.

Hi,

I don’t know if the development team works on the weekends or not, but do you have any updates regarding this issue since yesterday? I’m assuming you are all on pacific time?

Thanks.

I’m lucky one because my GPU wasn’t bricked. I stopped playing beta after the first terrible crash. But it is very suspicious that I haven’t got any problem with other games. I was able to play with other games for hours after the D4 crash without any issue.

Can you please advise how I can have my graphics settings on high ??? I have the high res assets installed and I own a RTX 3090ti 24gb . I just want to have my game on high ! I have 16gb system memory .

How retarded do you have to be to think something like this?
Cyberpunk 2077 RTX No issue.
RDR No issue.
I mean think of any other game ever made-- no issue.
Diablo IV bricks “LOL U GOT A BAD CARD LULZ”

4 Likes

2080 TI
16GO RAM
I5 9700K

texture lock to low or medium … i don’t have the High botton on the setting menu

1 Like

I agree. The game is triggering something specific that it’s affecting high-end cards. There are a lot of complex factors to consider. Yes, it can be related to hardware, and perhaps that’s why some GPUs are bricking while others, like mine, only get stuck. But, the problem is having a SINGLE game which is triggering this specific factor, causing a very specific sympton. As I have read on this thread, and others, it’s not only affecting 3080 Ti. There are other models facing the same problem. The devs really need to get this fixed…

3 Likes

hey, you muppet, as I mentioned, there’s a precedence, just google it.
At the moment, the EVGA RTX 3090 FTW Ultra and Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti seem to be the two GPU models most commonly affected by this issue. That being said, RTX 3090, RTX 3080Ti, RTX 3080, RTX 3060 Ti, and RTX 3000 laptop users have all reported having their GPUs bricked while playing New World . That’s not necessarily a comprehensive list of GPUs that have been affected so far, but as you can see, it does sound like higher-end RTX cards are at greater risk of failure at this time.

First off, as noted above***, EVGA has already admitted to hardware problems with some of their GPUs that were contributing to this issue, so we can’t rule out the possibility that many of the bricked GPUs reported so far may have simply been defective***. If that is the case, then you could argue that New World is exasperating the issue rather than outright bricking otherwise perfect GPUs.

Blockquote

The in-game textures look blurry. Ground textures look like mush and its about half and half on the player armor textures, some cloth will look really good then the leather will look like it is really blurry

Blockquote

Hey - question for you, when you run past like tree’s and interactable objects - or flags on bridges, do they get blurry and have like a red/green glow around them? it feels like im getting motion sickness running around in this game, when my character stands still its beautiful but when i run around its like woah, slow down champ - i turned on Vsync and limited FPS to 164 in background and actual fps but - it persists in certain areas, would this be something you think gets resolved before launch?

If you are talking under manage 3d settings, global settings, max framerate is set to off. Also apparently there was a recall on the older 3080TI’s? I have never heard of this.

Same Here. Locked to Medium.
Ryzen 5 5600x
16GB RAM
RTX 3080 10GB
Windows 11 Home

I too cannot select high textures. Everything else is maxed, 4k hdr. I also get random fan spikes to 100% for no reason at all on my 3090 FE. Another issue I’m getting is random pauses to the audio, using hdmi 2.1 from 3090 FE to LG 77” with earc to avr 5.1.2.

Ryzen 3700x
4090 FE 24gb vram
16gb ram
3440x1440 ultrawide
Windows 10

I have high texture installed and i can only select low or medium. MSI afterburner is showing 12gb vram and 13gb ram usage. Everything is turned on and everything on high except texture because i can’t see the option.