[Main Thread] PC - Game Client Freezes at "Logging into Diablo IV" When Launched on Certain NVMe Drives

I have a Samsung SSD 970 NVMe 1TB. I tried the benchmark, verifying files, editing prefs file, region change command line argument, and was not able to get in (only once since early access). I created the virtual disk through disk manager, initialized it, assigned it a drive letter, copied game over to virtual drive, opened bnet launcher, located new game location, hit play, and it worked first time.

Welp, as some others have said, I decided to copy over the game files from my ssd to hdd and it works completely fine now. Still have no idea why the game ran perfectly fine for 8-9 hours the first time I launched it (as well as working perfectly fine in the betas and server slam) and then refused to get passed the “logging into Diablo IV” screen after I closed the game and relaunched.

1 Like

I love how we need to do rocket science to get a 100 dollar game to run…

4 Likes

I installed crystaldiskmark and had it running, also deleted and reinstalled the game.

While crystaldiskmark was running, and while installing the game, “play” was available early. I clicked play, and I logged in fine.

No idea what’s going on.

After hours of troubleshooting the VHD trick solved my issue !! thank you !!!

Hi all

The team is aware of this issue and we are expecting a client patch soon to address this issue. Appreciate the reports on this.

13 Likes

Thanks, lookin forward to it :slight_smile:

Please fix this. I wanna play so bad

Any sort of time frame?

Same issue here. Was able to play fine no problem it happened once, then got in… But today is a different story

1 Like

Hello, I am having a different problem which I dont think a lot of people are aware of, here is the link that fully explains the issuse: Unable to load into game, stuck at character select (all 3 betas)

TLDR: I can make characters without any problems, however when I click on the “Start Game” red button, all I get is a white screen for like 15 seconds or so and then it kicks me out back to character selection, I cannot get my character loaded into the game.

Also if anyone from the community has any suggestions or ideas what would fix this, please let me know.

Thanks in advance if you are going to look into this issuse!

Currently moving away from my Western Digital Black NVME 1TB SN750 to a Samsung SSD. Let you know… Strange thing is never had an issue in the betas. Had it once during the early access yesterday… Killed the game and launched again and it worked. Something is going on where its trying to load something on the application side.

Okay, Works 100% no problem after about 10-20 restarts using an older drive.

I had problems on the last beta.It was constantly freezing, I had to go out all the time, and re-enable and restart.When I came in , I froze and I go in again , it froze .The picture changed and froze again .I re - enter again and reached the character .And it froze again and I restart it again.Then I play for 3 hours. And again , the same goes for the characters .Then the developers sort of did it .That the screen itself is already loading and the downloads are on the right, the icon is moving.It seems to have become better , It was so ashava in front of everyone .ashava and the exit from the game again, the screen froze, it was so before each ashava, it was good that I had time.In the end, he managed to kill Ashava.When there were last ashavas every 3 hours .And before ashava , the screen freezes .Probably these ashavas again .Mistakes.

I have the same issue, i crash at logging into diablo 4 but the strange think is i was able to play yesterday and today (my character is level 42) but i click to enter on a dungeon and my game crash now when i try to reconnect the game crash every time on longing screen …

Great news! Once in the game has run really well. Hope others will have this issue resolved with the update.

I was able to get in by uninstalling HD Assets, and then while reinstalling HD assets launching the game when the “Play” button becomes active again, before the assets finish downloading.

No clue why it worked. Tried everything else to no avail.

did the update go out?

45 minutes of trying to reload after a crash ( Was in game ) twice today now. ETA would be nice

Same issue…

Tried for around 5 hours last night to get into game, and tried once before work this am. Thought surely I would be able to come home and log in but here we are.

Any time frame on this patch going out?

Update: Moved install from my Samsung SSD 960 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB to the basic drive and it does the same.