[Main Thread] Game stops responding/freezes/crashes at launch - Early Access (June-2023)

I have the same problem and I don’t have any ideia to repair this

Anyone on here having this issue with an Intel? My son has a Ryzen PC and I have a Intel PC. I have 0 issues logging in. My son has this same issue.

Looking through the comments I see everyone posting Ryzen system configurations and having this issue.

Fixed my issue with the brute force approach. I uninstalled Diablo IV in addition to Battle.net and reinstalled everything from scratch. I let everything install into default directories, but did move it off to my D: drive rather than the default C: drive.

Not an elegant solution, but it worked all the same. I have a reasonably fast connection so the whole operation took 30 - 40 minutes.

Same issue.

4090 Custom loop
7950X3D Custom loop
2TB SK Hynix P41
64GB RAM
Win11

All drivers and windows updated. I have an extremely powerful machine. This problem is not on the users end…

It was working on and off last night. I was able to spam play and it worked, got to level 23. Froze on loading and has not worked since last night

1 Like

I tried every solution that has been suggested. Nothing works. First day of the early access has been almost over and i havent been able to log into the game even once. I wonder if there will ever be a fix by Blizzard? and How or if they will compansate this issue since we “paid” for this early access?

3 Likes

Reinstalling on another disk with high-rez assets turned off worked for me for two attempts and then it didn’t work again. Da helllllllll

Same issue here, Though I didn’t play the Beta due to work time-crunch stuff.
I was able to play a little bit earlier, with 4-5 crashes before I could finally get the game to load. Even when in game, I’ve seen frame-rate issues and generally poor performance. I do hope to see some changes soon in an update.

I’ve seen comments that this is early access so not to expect flawless execution, but in reality, this is a paid jumpstart. This is not a pre-release product. It’s listed as ‘Retail’ for a reason and this issue -should- be compensated. I hope that is considered.

3 Likes

Definitely agree, on two different machines I have the similar issues. On this laptop (Alienware 17x r2 win 11 ,3080ti, 32GB ram 4k screen) drivers updated, install updated and scanned. If I change scale resolution to 100% it will get past one initial freeze point and play music and then it will freeze my entire system and it will then boot into the troubleshooting menu)

On my other system 4090, 7800x3d, 2tb Hynix P41, 64GB RAM it will freeze unless I turn off HDR)

Can’t believe that this game worked better in beta than it does now. Now it doesn’t work at all.

1 Like

Tried just about everything mentioned in here and nothing working. Seems like it is an unstable issue where you have to just catch it at the right time to get in.

Can you guys check, if you installed the game on a fast nvme? If you have a SSD or a slower nvme, please install D4 on one of them and try to start the game again. I had the same problem with getting a freeze on the Start-Up Logo on my Firecuda 530, but on my Kingston NV2 D4 works fine.

necesito ayuda !@!!! sobre este tema

I tried everything, and have been troubleshooting for an entire DAY trying to get this game to run. Earlier I mentioned that it ran on my older desktop but not my new (RTX 4090) laptop - however it stopped loading on my old PC as well, and now has the same problem.

I saw a suggestion to buy $2 worth of platinum in game, so I tried it - and guess what? No longer stalls on loading the game.

It now logs me right into the game.

I highly suspect that Blizzard is flagging accounts using some flawed system of detecting certain kinds of activity, that is clearly prone to a lot of false positives. I suspect this because of the fact that the microtransaction seemed to “fix” the game loading/login issue.

While it doesn’t seem intuitive to pay them MORE for creating a problem like this in their game, that is apparently what was required.

1 Like

Me too, sadly going to have to refund.

2 Likes

Can confirm it’s the SSD 100%. Tried multiple SSDs and none of the NVMe are working

1 Like

que alguien ayude de blizzard

Same. Paid money but cant play the game!!!

2 Likes

Can confirm this works. You need to go into Geforce Experience and click the button to turn overlays off.

yea me too… has to be a software issue not a pc/hardware one.

3 Likes

I am still with the same problem!

I got mine to work by changing graphics settings of Diablo 4 through Nvidia GeForce Experience :upside_down_face: or spamming the “optimize” button a few times.